NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

bobs qwest to attain consistency

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one bobarian with 783 posts (1,408 thanks)
    2. looks_two VinceVirgil with 31 posts (68 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Rrrracer with 22 posts (29 thanks)
    4. looks_4 PandaWarrior with 21 posts (45 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one VinceVirgil with 2.2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two PandaWarrior with 2.1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 bobarian with 1.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Rrrracer with 1.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 143,907 views
    2. thumb_up 1,833 thanks given
    3. group 50 followers
    1. forum 1,025 posts
    2. attach_file 987 attachments

Search this Thread

bobs qwest to attain consistency

bobarian 
whitestone, new york

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: ninja trader
Thanks Given: 5,258
Thanks Received: 3,120

12/12/2011
6 trades cl
+ $150 net
today was a good trend scenario in the am.I quit at about 10:30, as it was slowing down.Honestly, i should have had alot more ticks.I missed a few, and had a few bad entries.Its taking some time, getting entries off the 1 min and 4 range.The 1 minute tells me when to be alert, but sometimes , the 4 range will have the entry.Im so used to the 4 range, that the entries are very visible.However, there are times when the 1 minute should be used for the entry, and with an 8 tick sl, everything counts.Its just a timing issue, which shouldnt take too long to get down.Overall, im happy with the day.
No charts, because im figuring out how to use camtasia, so i can use it in my journal.I cant seem to get the vol working on my mic.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
Battlestations: Show us your trading desks!
24 thanks
The Program
18 thanks

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: ATC/TT, AMP/Zen-Fire, AMP/CQG
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 3,803
Thanks Received: 2,842

bobarian View Post
12/12/2011
I cant seem to get the vol working on my mic.

You have to make sure your microphone is plugged in prior to opening the application. Also, there is a setting in the recorder that shows if it is working or not.. I am sure you know that now..

Your previous post had some criticisms.... And some back-n-forth... Just pointing it out.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

bobarian 
whitestone, new york

bluemele View Post
You have to make sure your microphone is plugged in prior to opening the application. Also, there is a setting in the recorder that shows if it is working or not.. I am sure you know that now..

Your previous post had some criticisms.... And some back-n-forth... Just pointing it out.

thanks bluemele, yes, a good day, but could have been better.thanks for the info on the mic, i didnt try that

bobarian 
whitestone, new york

12/13/2011
0 trades
opec blew out the chart.
i have posted 2 charts, and there were 2 ct trades, ididnt take.I watched, but honestly, was busy with something else.These 2 trades had room to the ascending 89 ma, and were clearly trending down with the 21 for the retracement.After reading the poker zen book, im thinking i should just wait for the mas to be correct, for the highest probability trades.Still new with the 1 min for now, so doing alot of observing.
ah well, i did take 1 after all, it would have been a sim trade because of the tod, but, everything lined up
+8

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CL 01-12 (4 Range)  12_13_20112.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	135.3 KB
ID:	57177   Click image for larger version

Name:	CL 01-12 (1 Min)  12_13_20113.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	57181  
Thanked by:

bobarian 
whitestone, new york

12/14/2011
4 trades cl
4 full stops
-$350 net
ouch
cl sold off hard from the open, and there were some momentum shorts, i passed....by the time i started to consider them, the party was over.I took 2 full stops for that.Stop 3 just failed.Stop 4 , caught my 8 tick sl, which happens occasionally.I have that to keep me out of big trouble, and the 1st 2 stops would have been much worse.
I just took 5 the trade, +9...-$260 net...done
These types of days are rare, and i usually get beat up.If im going to take those momentum trades, there cannot be any hesitation, because after the 2nd leg, the pbs get deeper.Also, hi volatility really requires bigger stops(no kidding)
I know some traders consider an 8 tick sl way too tight, but , it has kept me out of trouble.Most of the time, the stops are correct.However, in the future, im not saying this wont change.Out of the 5 trades, 3 were in the new method (pullbacks with trend).And i was 1/3.So the question is, do i just focus on this pb trade?Trading a roaring selloff is enticing...if youre right....but a totally different type of trading.Also, the 1st pb to the desc 21 ma, is suspect to me.I also look to the fib 50%, which typically comes into play on moves like these.Common sense, tells me, to focus on this pb method, and be patient(zen poker)
the 3 boxes depict the pb method trades
wow!! i made a mistake, and had a sell order in, and there was a monster head fake.Blew past my stop for +35 ticks...1 second trade...oy...A95 tick 1 min candle..this is getting weird

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CL 01-12 (4 Range)  12_13_201121.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	141.0 KB
ID:	57286   Click image for larger version

Name:	CL 01-12 (4 Range)  12_14_20112.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	165.2 KB
ID:	57287   Click image for larger version

Name:	CL 01-12 (4 Range)  12_14_20113.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	166.2 KB
ID:	57288   Click image for larger version

Name:	CL 01-12 (4 Range)  12_14_20114.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	168.0 KB
ID:	57289  
Thanked by:

PandaWarrior 
In the heat

Experience: None
Thanks Given: 6,329
Thanks Received: 13,404

bobarian View Post
12/14/2011
4 trades cl
4 full stops
-$350 net
ouch
cl sold off hard from the open, and there were some momentum shorts, i passed....by the time i started to consider them, the party was over.I took 2 full stops for that.Stop 3 just failed.Stop 4 , caught my 8 tick sl, which happens occasionally.I have that to keep me out of big trouble, and the 1st 2 stops would have been much worse.
I just took 5 the trade, +9...-$260 net...done
These types of days are rare, and i usually get beat up.If im going to take those momentum trades, there cannot be any hesitation, because after the 2nd leg, the pbs get deeper.Also, hi volatility really requires bigger stops(no kidding)
I know some traders consider an 8 tick sl way too tight, but , it has kept me out of trouble.Most of the time, the stops are correct.However, in the future, im not saying this wont change.Out of the 5 trades, 3 were in the new method (pullbacks with trend).And i was 1/3.So the question is, do i just focus on this pb trade?Trading a roaring selloff is enticing...if youre right....but a totally different type of trading.Also, the 1st pb to the desc 21 ma, is suspect to me.I also look to the fib 50%, which typically comes into play on moves like these.Common sense, tells me, to focus on this pb method, and be patient(zen poker)
the 3 boxes depict the pb method trades
wow!! i made a mistake, and had a sell order in, and there was a monster head fake.Blew past my stop for +35 ticks...1 second trade...oy...A95 tick 1 min candle..this is getting weird

I think on the sell off like this, you need to examine if that first real pull back breaks any swing highs and in this case, it looks like this did happen which would have started you looking for a new sequence of LL/LH before shorting again. To be fair, when price is selling like that, your heart is racing looking for a place to get in and the nuances of the swings can escape you. I know I have and will probably make that mistake again. Dont beat your self up over it.

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication, Leonardo da Vinci

Most people chose unhappiness over uncertainty, Tim Ferris
Thanked by:

bobarian 
whitestone, new york

PandaWarrior View Post
I think on the sell off like this, you need to examine if that first real pull back breaks any swing highs and in this case, it looks like this did happen which would have started you looking for a new sequence of LL/LH before shorting again. To be fair, when price is selling like that, your heart is racing looking for a place to get in and the nuances of the swings can escape you. I know I have and will probably make that mistake again. Dont beat your self up over it.

my thoughts exactly , thanks panda warrior

Thanked by:

bobarian 
whitestone, new york

12/15/2011
5 trqdes cl
-$35 net
an interesting day, im still getting through some timing issues, and correlating the 1min and 4 range, and positioning entries, that make sense on either or both charts.I finally put a clock up, which should help.I will try to upload the video of the days trades
ok , so the video worked well..Man , its much more useful, seeing and hearing in real time.The combination of the 2 charts, complicates it, but, i believe in time, once i dial in my rules, it will be easy.All in all, im content with the day
after watching the video 3 times, i see some things that are very positive.The 1 minute is the boss, but sometimes, its useful to use the 4 rng for the entry.
One issue, that i need to figure out, is taking the 1st signal off the 1 minute, when the 4 range isnt quite ready.Typically , there will be a poi(point of interset), that, i can atleast put a limit order at, because , if it blows thru it, price might not pb.Or, if there isnt a good poi, i just need to wait for the 4 rng.And with that, it would be an entry thats crossing the zero line on the macd, or one that just crossed, with a slight pb.Always be aware of divergences on the macd

Attached Files
Elite Membership required to download: 12 15 2011.mp4
Thanked by:

PHXtrader 
Boston

Platform: Jigsaw
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 48
Thanks Received: 76

Good job on the video.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

bobarian 
whitestone, new york

PHXtrader View Post
Good job on the video.

thanks, i know its rather long, but, i edited out most of it

Last Updated on February 4, 2019

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts