NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

bobs qwest to attain consistency

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one bobarian with 783 posts (1,408 thanks)
    2. looks_two VinceVirgil with 31 posts (68 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Rrrracer with 22 posts (29 thanks)
    4. looks_4 PandaWarrior with 21 posts (45 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one VinceVirgil with 2.2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two PandaWarrior with 2.1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 bobarian with 1.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Rrrracer with 1.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 143,907 views
    2. thumb_up 1,833 thanks given
    3. group 50 followers
    1. forum 1,025 posts
    2. attach_file 987 attachments

Search this Thread

bobs qwest to attain consistency

madLyfe 
Des Moines, Iowa

Experience: None
Platform: Ninja, TOS
Broker: AMP/CQG, TOS
Trading: CL, TF, GC
Thanks Given: 9,220
Thanks Received: 1,020

bluemele View Post
I know, such a tricky thing isn't it. I can never decide...

i think ill use one on the odd days and the other on the even days.. maybe flip a coin perhaps..

dont believe anything you hear and only half of what you see

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Online prop firm The Funded Trader (TFT) going under?
Traders Hideout
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
Build trailing stop for micro index(s)
Psychology and Money Management
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
37 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
23 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks
The Program
19 thanks

bobarian 
whitestone, new york

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: ninja trader
Thanks Given: 5,258
Thanks Received: 3,120

2/14/2012
tuesday
2 trades cl..+12 on scalps off open
2 trades 6b..-6
all in all , avery positive day(allbeit a small+$62 net).I didnt make any bad mistakes.The cl channels were really goin today.Basically, the entire am session was in some type of channel.Drawing the trendlines, to help see where buyers and sellers come in, and being aware of trends, TLs, pivots , hod/lod,etc.There were plenty of trades though, and im getting better at seeing them.I still have some questions about when it will be ok to take both sides of a channel, and am figuring it out , i think.Im not going to look too much deeper than that, lets see how tomorrow goes

Attached Files
Elite Membership required to download: 2 14 2012.mp4
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

bobarian 
whitestone, new york

i watched the video, and after being away for a few hours, and giving it some thought, of course i realize the difference in my trading direction.Is this good?bad?im not sure...........I used to be so obsessed with rules, and specific setups, etc....Lately, i am just focussing on what the market is giving, whether it is a trend line, a trend, a support or resistance,etc.What is the market giving? is always the question.Its not even about setups at this point.Its about using trendlines and observing where sellers or buyers come in............also ,the cash chart is really helpful.......one thing that i am hopeful about, is im just focussing on price action...

Thanked by:

VinceVirgil 
Toronto, Canada

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NT
Broker: TD Ameritrade, Dorman/Zenfire
Trading: CL,ES
Thanks Given: 2,144
Thanks Received: 9,223

bobarian View Post
i watched the video, and after being away for a few hours, and giving it some thought, of course i realize the difference in my trading direction.Is this good?bad?im not sure...........I used to be so obsessed with rules, and specific setups, etc....Lately, i am just focussing on what the market is giving, whether it is a trend line, a trend, a support or resistance,etc.What is the market giving? is always the question.Its not even about setups at this point.Its about using trendlines and observing where sellers or buyers come in............also ,the cash chart is really helpful.......one thing that i am hopeful about, is im just focussing on price action...

That is an insightful observation. We always have to only take what the market is giving, because it would be like stepping in front of a moving freight train.

If a trader tries to be absolutly perfect on every trrade, he will never be able to pull the trigger on a trade. So, in trading, as in many things, close is close enough.

I remember Phil Condit, former CEO of Boeing talk about building the Boeing 777. He said, there are tradefoffs when building a plane. For safety, every passenger should have their own emergency exit. But, if you were to build a plane like that, it would be so heavy, it couldnt fly. In trading, you can be too safe.

I believe a 10 year old can see profitable setups on a chart. But to trade them real time, as they are being painted, thats hard. Of course, if it was easy, everyone would be doing it. I for one, am glad trading is difficult to do well, otherwise, where would the challenge be? If every game you bowled you scored 300, every time, how long would it take for you to quit because it dont present a challenge? Not too long.

Food for thought.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

bobarian 
whitestone, new york

2/15 2102
wed
8 trades cl.
-9net
interesting day.Yesterday was such a channel extravaganza, i was skeptical about today.As this evolves, the anchor that i am realizing is...where are sellers or buyers likely to come in?The trendline are very important, and they need to always be in context.The 21 is the magnet, and will draw pa back to it.Im starting to really believe in the 5 min, with the 21 ma.Today , i made the worst trades in the beginning, because they were entries based on the channel only, with little regard for the 21 ma.No video today.Maybe take a break with that.After im done looking for trades, i start replay, and try to do replay every day, atleast once.The candles are so important, and they are giving us info constantly.But, as i said, the real deal is, where are the sellers and buyers?what is their price?Avery simple concept...working on the execution , though, is not...but getting better.Also, as i get better at seeing these, and the confidence grows, targets need to increase.Ive noticed some of my entries are so good, and in the right context, i need to let them go

Thanked by:

VinceVirgil 
Toronto, Canada

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NT
Broker: TD Ameritrade, Dorman/Zenfire
Trading: CL,ES
Thanks Given: 2,144
Thanks Received: 9,223

bobarian View Post
2/15 2102
wed
8 trades cl.
-9net
interesting day.Yesterday was such a channel extravaganza, i was skeptical about today.As this evolves, the anchor that i am realizing is...where are sellers or buyers likely to come in?The trendline are very important, and they need to always be in context.The 21 is the magnet, and will draw pa back to it.Im starting to really believe in the 5 min, with the 21 ma.Today , i made the worst trades in the beginning, because they were entries based on the channel only, with little regard for the 21 ma.No video today.Maybe take a break with that.After im done looking for trades, i start replay, and try to do replay every day, atleast once.The candles are so important, and they are giving us info constantly.But, as i said, the real deal is, where are the sellers and buyers?what is their price?Avery simple concept...working on the execution , though, is not...but getting better.Also, as i get better at seeing these, and the confidence grows, targets need to increase.Ive noticed some of my entries are so good, and in the right context, i need to let them go

Today was a really tight trading range day, at least as of this writing. The CL looked like the ES.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

bobarian 
whitestone, new york

todays chart with some correct entries, some were taken, but couldnt quite make up for the early bad trades

bobarian 
whitestone, new york

2/16/2012
thursday
2 trades
-11 net ticks
1 mistake, i took a b entry sh on a candle with a HL.The entry, if the pb would have hit my entry , was on the prev red candle....it didnt hit it, so, shouldnt have been a short(at 11:05 too)Rollover day, crappy range....If i would have trusted my 21 and TL, we could have gotten a little, but i passed....gotta believe..these recaps on the videos....the purpose, through repetition, is too see this in real time, obviously..In addition, the replay, and the charts are all for that reason.Slowly, but surely, this is happening

Attached Files
Elite Membership required to download: 2 16 2012.mp4

bobarian 
whitestone, new york

I was thinking, this morning, i would record the entire session, or, the areas where i was looking at entries, whether i took them or not.The video was about 30 minutes long, and i watched it afterward.I also did a replay of the day. I find that hearing my thoughts ,as the trade is appproaching, and afterward, is extremely helpful.I cant possibly remember my thoughts from a minute ago,and to hear them live is a real eye opener.(ear opener).A takable trade(by my rules) was passed on, specifically ,a long on the 10:45 candle.Now the previous takable trade i passed on, was rught at the news...thats ok.But, to hear myself, talk myself out of the trade, i was dissapointed, to be honest.Now, today was very tight, but it was a takable entry.

Thanked by:

madLyfe 
Des Moines, Iowa

Experience: None
Platform: Ninja, TOS
Broker: AMP/CQG, TOS
Trading: CL, TF, GC
Thanks Given: 9,220
Thanks Received: 1,020

bobarian View Post
I was thinking, this morning, i would record the entire session, or, the areas where i was looking at entries, whether i took them or not.The video was about 30 minutes long, and i watched it afterward.I also did a replay of the day. I find that hearing my thoughts ,as the trade is appproaching, and afterward, is extremely helpful.I cant possibly remember my thoughts from a minute ago,and to hear them live is a real eye opener.(ear opener).A takable trade(by my rules) was passed on, specifically ,a long on the 10:45 candle.Now the previous takable trade i passed on, was rught at the news...thats ok.But, to hear myself, talk myself out of the trade, i was dissapointed, to be honest.Now, today was very tight, but it was a takable entry.

should post em to youtube so we can all watch.. that part in your video today.. 'OHHHHH NOOOOO!!!' haha

dont believe anything you hear and only half of what you see

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Last Updated on February 4, 2019

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts