NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

bobs qwest to attain consistency

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one bobarian with 783 posts (1,408 thanks)
    2. looks_two VinceVirgil with 31 posts (68 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Rrrracer with 22 posts (29 thanks)
    4. looks_4 PandaWarrior with 21 posts (45 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one VinceVirgil with 2.2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two PandaWarrior with 2.1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 bobarian with 1.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Rrrracer with 1.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 143,907 views
    2. thumb_up 1,833 thanks given
    3. group 50 followers
    1. forum 1,025 posts
    2. attach_file 987 attachments

Search this Thread

bobs qwest to attain consistency

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: ATC/TT, AMP/Zen-Fire, AMP/CQG
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 3,803
Thanks Received: 2,842

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
38 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
27 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
19 thanks
The Program
18 thanks

VinceVirgil 
Toronto, Canada

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NT
Broker: TD Ameritrade, Dorman/Zenfire
Trading: CL,ES
Thanks Given: 2,144
Thanks Received: 9,223

bobarian View Post
1/24/2012
tuesday
6 trades
+17 net
Ended the day well, trade mgmt got the best of me early.Any time we are at the lod/hod..10 tick target max.

Good commentary. Why didnt you take the trade at the trend line again?

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

bobarian 
whitestone, new york

Platform: ninja trader
Thanks Given: 5,258
Thanks Received: 3,120

VinceVirgil View Post
Good commentary. Why didnt you take the trade at the trend line again?

i felt it was an area of resistance.However, it blasted right through it.the pullback came back below the trend line, and that was an entry.The next pb was also an entry.
*******My belief is, when the moving avgs first cross, the 1st and 2nd pullback(if there is one) are trades to look for.The 1st and 2nd pbs, were in that resistance area that i marked with a horizontal line.Silly me, i too k the 3rd, and it failed.The mas are both sma, 21 and 50

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

PandaWarrior 
In the heat

Experience: None
Thanks Given: 6,329
Thanks Received: 13,404

bobarian View Post
1/24/2012
tuesday
6 trades
+17 net
Ended the day well, trade mgmt got the best of me early.Any time we are at the lod/hod..10 tick target max.

Did you copy me today? Your chart looks remarkably similar to mine....

Great job by the way

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication, Leonardo da Vinci

Most people chose unhappiness over uncertainty, Tim Ferris
Thanked by:

bobarian 
whitestone, new york

PandaWarrior View Post
Did you copy me today? Your chart looks remarkably similar to mine....

Great job by the way

Yes, that 1st trade(and maybe a few others!) was identical...small stop and all!I realized the open was 20 seconds away, and crossed my fingers.I caught the end of the Al Brooks webinar....good stuff!

Thanked by:

bobarian 
whitestone, new york

1/25/2012
wednesday
2 trades
+1 tick net
A very range bound morning.When the cl finally double bottomed on the 60 min, it just blasted up.I had a chance to listen to Al Brooks, yesterday.I also had listened to his previous webinar.I am interested to try to learn more about his trading, and try to learn how to implement it into my trading day.If anyone wants to chat about that , let me know.I dont want to use his method out of context, with what i have been making progress with.Tough day today, fomc, so im not surprised

Attached Files
Elite Membership required to download: 1 25 2012.mp4
Thanked by:

VinceVirgil 
Toronto, Canada

Platform: NT
Broker: TD Ameritrade, Dorman/Zenfire
Trading: CL,ES
Thanks Given: 2,144
Thanks Received: 9,223

I caught Al Brooks webinar yeasterday and it was pretty good. Too many markets though, and he really didnt get into too much about his tradng method specifically, I guess because of all the information contained in his books. After all, 500,000 words...a 5 inch thick book?

I have gone through most of the pertinant (TO MY MIND) information in his first book. To use Als approach, you really want to have to learn how to trade with price action. Its great information, but it's hard to get too.

But, i have to say, he has helped me most (at least his book has) Its the only resourse I know of where Price Action has been quantified ( at least, the way the Al sees it)

There are many others that echo the same approach to trading, I see elements of Price Action in an afternoon with Big Mike, Price action trading.com, and of course, brooks price action trading websight and articles. All traders are using some form of price action to trade. He knows price action.

I like the approach because, in his own words, he can trade successfully using only a EMA20 on a 5 minute.
He bashes the media and how he refuses to pay attention to news. I like how Al is uninterested in other methods of trading. Other traders want to share their method with Al so that he will reciprocate. In fact, traders often get upset with him because he dosnt care how other people trade. He trades the way he trades, it works for him, and he dosnt care how anyone else does it, and prefers not to discuse it with them.

IN OTHER WORDS, AT A TRADERS CONVENTION, AL ISNT THE ONE EVERONE WANTS TO GET TO GET THEIR PICTURE TAKEN WITH.

bobarian 
whitestone, new york

VinceVirgil View Post
I caught Al Brooks webinar yeasterday and it was pretty good. Too many markets though, and he really didnt get into too much about his tradng method specifically, I guess because of all the information contained in his books. After all, 500,000 words...a 5 inch thick book?

I have gone through most of the pertinant (TO MY MIND) information in his first book. To use Als approach, you really want to have to learn how to trade with price action. Its great information, but it's hard to get too.

But, i have to say, he has helped me most (at least his book has) Its the only resourse I know of where Price Action has been quantified ( at least, the way the Al sees it)

There are many others that echo the same approach to trading, I see elements of Price Action in an afternoon with Big Mike, Price action trading.com, and of course, brooks price action trading websight and articles. All traders are using some form of price action to trade. He knows price action.

I like the approach because, in his own words, he can trade successfully using only a EMA20 on a 5 minute.
He bashes the media and how he refuses to pay attention to news. I like how Al is uninterested in other methods of trading. Other traders want to share their method with Al so that he will reciprocate. In fact, traders often get upset with him because he dosnt care how other people trade. He trades the way he trades, it works for him, and he dosnt care how anyone else does it, and prefers not to discuse it with them.

IN OTHER WORDS, AT A TRADERS CONVENTION, AL ISNT THE ONE EVERONE WANTS TO GET TO GET THEIR PICTURE TAKEN WITH.

I listened to his earlier webinar today, and while some of it i get, there is much more to it.I would like to get a better understanding of trading, so, will continue on the same path with the 1 min, but try to see the bigger picture a little better.As far as im concerned , the only person on the news worth listening to is Santelli, maybe because hes a former trader, and he doesnt bs.I never have the news on, but i read the headlines early, to see if anything happened in europe.
***********Following some of the traders here, and a few other traders in the past, is really the biggest influence i have.Im not new to trading, and i have seen nisons candlestick work, and various trend/support and resistance stuff.I finally ditched the 4 range for good, and , i hope to settle in now and proceed forward.Yhis is my third time around trading.The previous 2 times, i just stopped, because i wasnt making money.Thankfully, i never blew through too much money, but , nevertheless, im putting im many more hours a week, to try to get to the next step.Ive been simming since January2011, after trading live that year.I put on the breaks, and finally decided to give myself a fighting chance, and not allow myself to trade live, until the sim was good enough.************Anyway, my family is going on a long weekend ski trip, so , i wont be here friday.Hopefully, we have a blast, because im feeling a little burnt out, and in need of a recharge.If you have any examples, or info, on some of the trades you are taking, related to some of the stuff you learned from Al, please dont hesitate to pass it on .Have a good one!

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,173
Thanks Received: 101,537

Al's methods are quite advanced. Not for the beginner, and his teaching methodology is... well... lets just say he is a trader, not a teacher! I personally accept and understand that, but I know others who simply can't get through his books.

You might try his first two webinars on futures.io (formerly BMT). They cover a lot more of his methodology, whereas this last webinar assumes you already know it.

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread

bobarian 
whitestone, new york

Big Mike View Post
Al's methods are quite advanced. Not for the beginner, and his teaching methodology is... well... lets just say he is a trader, not a teacher! I personally accept and understand that, but I know others who simply can't get through his books.

You might try his first two webinars on futures.io (formerly BMT). They cover a lot more of his methodology, whereas this last webinar assumes you already know it.

Mike

thanks Mike, i have been doing that.I figure, if i watch them a bunch of times, and also the youtube recaps he does, ill start to get more of what hes doing.Just listening to his use of candlesticks was a nice refresher...Seeing a doji, at resistance for instance.Today was a funky morning session on the cl, just very rangy.There were trades however, just not trend trades(after the oil report, the uptrend started, also, a bigtime double bottom on the 60 minute)...thanks again!!

Last Updated on February 4, 2019

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts