NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

bobs qwest to attain consistency

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one bobarian with 783 posts (1,408 thanks)
    2. looks_two VinceVirgil with 31 posts (68 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Rrrracer with 22 posts (29 thanks)
    4. looks_4 PandaWarrior with 21 posts (45 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one VinceVirgil with 2.2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two PandaWarrior with 2.1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 bobarian with 1.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Rrrracer with 1.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 144,503 views
    2. thumb_up 1,833 thanks given
    3. group 50 followers
    1. forum 1,025 posts
    2. attach_file 987 attachments

Search this Thread

bobs qwest to attain consistency

PandaWarrior 
In the heat

Experience: None
Thanks Given: 6,329
Thanks Received: 13,405

bluemele View Post
I agree. Please take anything I say with a grain of salt and I deserve no weight put on any words I type.... Just showing you the other side of the story.

To me, what I have learned seeing guys from a couple years ago on many forums is when they start becoming profitable. The realization I have come to is like what Big Mike and others have been screaming for a while. When you start adding indicators on your chart you are just covering up some of the 'price action' (over used word in my opinion).

Just like divergence, selling/buying into strength, etc.. To me, you don't need indicators to see it, but if it helps you then by all means.

The challenge I see with so many too is that they don't get immediate results or the market conditions change slightly. Perry's Method/Shadow Traders Method and so many derivatives like it (Charles Booth/Nexgen) or whatever all are doing the same thing.

What I have been doing in my own personal journey is looking at people's systems and seeing if I can see when a certain indicator does a certain thing what price looks like via a RENKO, Range and Tick chart or even volume chart. When I can identify that price movement via those charts and without the indicator then I truly free my mind from having a proxy and when my eyes see that setup again it is much easier to 'click'.

I look back at my own journey and I noticed that I am following my indicators much less than I used to... Is that why I am less profitable. I believe it is a transitional period of taking the training wheels off. Indicators show you a possibility, much like price does on its own.

I am overstepping my advice for today as I have seem to upset a few people... haha... Again, this is all from a DEMO trader who has lost way too much of his own money to take advice from....

My comment at Bob was mainly that the system will work IF YOU STICK TO IT FOR A VERY LONG TIME and DON'T CHANGE IT THAT OFTEN. Once you can identify the true underlying price and how that looks, then you will trade a naked chart like nothing.

I will butt-out of this journal for the time being and let you follow your own path. I have been shaken up by a few people myself in my journey/journal, and sometimes I didn't like it, but most of the time I grew as a trader.

Nothing bothers me more than trolling though, so at least I haven't been doing that... haha...

Uh, in no way did your post anger me although it could have perhaps angered someone else.....FYI....almost time for

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication, Leonardo da Vinci

Most people chose unhappiness over uncertainty, Tim Ferris
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
PowerLanguage & EasyLanguage. How to get the platfor …
EasyLanguage Programming

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
29 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
21 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
17 thanks

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: ATC/TT, AMP/Zen-Fire, AMP/CQG
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 3,803
Thanks Received: 2,842

PandaWarrior View Post
Uh, in no way did your post anger me although it could have perhaps angered someone else.....FYI....almost time for

Well then, my apologies to anyone I have offended.. I did not mean too... So much goes into typing without thinking... haha...

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

bobarian 
whitestone, new york

Platform: ninja trader
Thanks Given: 5,258
Thanks Received: 3,120

I appreciate the feedback guys.Just like many others, i have been beat on a little bit in this business.Its part of the deal, and as such, we must develop a thicker skin, just to stay positive and focussed.I have been in rooms, were people were obnoxious, so i know the difference between constructive criticism, and otherwise.And your comments have value.So basically, if you want to say something, then by all means, do so.Some may think this is just a personal journey, but i think that is not the case.We are all working toward the same goals, more or less, its just that some of us are at differnt levels.When i see Pandawarrior finally cross over into profitability, that affects me.
I am so glad to be back from the break!Everyone was sick, and my kids couldnt go outside, so they grinded us for 10 days.This week, vol should be a little low, but hopefully will start picking up.
The plan, is to continue watching the 1 min, and take those trades for sure.Also, i will continue to observe the new 4 range, and trade as well, with the permission of the 1 min.My video and pics from yesterday, appeared to be focussed on the 4 range.However, the 1 minute was the boss.We were in a solid uptrend while i was trading.Unfortunately, on the 1 min, the moving avgs just ran away.
And last but not least, i am not ditching everything i put together these last few months, to get off track on something new and exciting.Been there done that.So, i totally get what you are saying, and i will be careful!
thanks again guys!

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

bobarian 
whitestone, new york

1/4/2012
wed
5 trades
-$185 net
im fumbling my way through, with trying to use the 2 charts together.This may take some time.Had a crazy spike after 9:40, i got sucked into 1 loser there.The 2 charts were conflicting, which made for a tough day.My thoughts are, for longs, when the 1 min mas are correct, if we dont get an entry off the 1 min, be aware of entries on the 4 range.Opposite for longs
Volume tailed off, as usual, after 10:30, and all in all, this week, vol will probably be light.
Also, when the price initially crosses the 21 ma on the 1 min with a correct close, and the mas are correct, this is when we can look to the 4 range.
Typically, the entry technique on the 1min, is very different, than the 4 range.An entry on the 1 min, taken on a pb with the trend, will be much earlier than the 4 range.And , when the 4 range entry sets up, price will be away from the trendline on the 1 min.Is this good?bad? neither? im not really sure.I know one thing tho, i cant take 4 tick goals.So, ultimately, price action always rules out.Not feeling well today, so, i will stay home from the gym for now, and replay the day.these pics are obviously not the trades i took today, but they areentries in the rules i am working on.I did them on replay, so i can look at em.
A and C are with the trend on the 1 min, but the entries were off the 4 range, with approval from the 1 min.Trades B and D are counter trend trades.Once price closes below the 21 ma on the uptrending 1 min, i look to the 4 range, for an entry to take me towards the 89.As long as there is adequate room, between the 21 and 89 on the 1 min.It makes sense, i believe.
Also, although none here, i am still looking to take entries off the 1 min, as i was in december.
Lets give this some time, and see what we see

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CL 02-12 (1 Min)  1_4_20121.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	173.7 KB
ID:	58626   Click image for larger version

Name:	CL 02-12 (4 Range)  1_4_20122.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	136.2 KB
ID:	58627   Click image for larger version

Name:	CL 02-12 (4 Range)  1_4_20123.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	121.8 KB
ID:	58628   Click image for larger version

Name:	CL 02-12 (4 Range)  1_4_20124.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	123.5 KB
ID:	58629  
Thanked by:

bobarian 
whitestone, new york

1/5/2012
4 trades
-$70net
there were opportubities earlier, but between being sick, and otherdistractions, i managed to take a loss.Just wasnt alert enough today, plain and simple.The trades , seem to set up between 8:30 and 10:15 nicely.After that, price action seems to change.Made a mistake on that last trade.Seeing the leaves, and ignoring the forrest.Well, i knew price action was sideways and sloppy, but we were getting higher lows.I moved my sl to below the slop, and got hit.What a waste.As bad as my timing was today, i was green before that lousy entry.
The 1 min,i have drawn circles in areas where there is a pb area, and thus, where an entry makes sense.This is really based on price action.From 9:15 to about 9:45, i was just looking for short entries.I did miss afew, and fat fingered one, but as i said, was green , until that last one.I bailed on the 3rd trade, it just pulled back too much, but, if i was alert enough, there was an entry just after that, same area.
Also, the dow was playing the spoiler today, such a pos.
pics soon

Attached Files
Elite Membership required to download: 1 5 2012.mp4

bobarian 
whitestone, new york

1/6/2012
3 trades
+$65 net
the cl sold off pretty hard after the dow open.I had 1 mistake, but a few good trades as well.In my review yetserday, i was looking at entries, and realized, that , when lookin at the 1 min, i was getting in late.I went back to the 4 range, and realized, that i was passing on the initial entry, and essentialy taking the 1st pb in the move.When trading on the 4 range, the way perry does, i believe you have to look at a potential setup, and place your entry accordingly.This way, if it does hit the entry, the mas will be in line.This takes some practice, as, i am forecasting and saying"ok, the mas are very close to being in line, if i put my entry here, and it triggers, the entry will be in line upon my entry"I have been doing this for a while anyway.The great thing today, is that, typically, the entries on the 4 range were very close to the entry on the 1 min.Yhis, is what i am hoping to dial in.Basically, when price pulls back in a trend, i want both charts to be able to say something to me.

Attached Files
Elite Membership required to download: 1 6 2012.mp4
Thanked by:

bobarian 
whitestone, new york

just dialing into price action.These cicles are areas to look for entries.Seems too easy, but the 4 range provides the heads up, and the entry.The 1 min is just to identify the swings and ranges.Nothing but candles...hmmmm

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	CL 02-12 (1 Min)  1_6_20125.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	123.6 KB
ID:	59009  

PandaWarrior 
In the heat

Experience: None
Thanks Given: 6,329
Thanks Received: 13,405

bobarian View Post
just dialing into price action.These cicles are areas to look for entries.Seems too easy, but the 4 range provides the heads up, and the entry.The 1 min is just to identify the swings and ranges.Nothing but candles...hmmmm

why is this to easy? If you can see it, then you can trade it. Its that simple. Why try to complicate it, just take the trade. If you can mark the chart like that in real time, then you can trade it.

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication, Leonardo da Vinci

Most people chose unhappiness over uncertainty, Tim Ferris

bobarian 
whitestone, new york

PandaWarrior View Post
why is this to easy? If you can see it, then you can trade it. Its that simple. Why try to complicate it, just take the trade. If you can mark the chart like that in real time, then you can trade it.

yup, this is what ill be workin on.The 1 min , as usual , is the boss

Thanked by:

bobarian 
whitestone, new york

1/9/2012
monday
3 trades
-$105 net
today , just felt like i was a little off on my timing.Missed a nice retrace to the desc 21, i cant do that.Also, didnt get a fill on another good one.I had, realistically, 8 entries, thet were takable.Its funny, but i just have this feeling, that until it all comes together, i will conntinuosly break even, or draw down.Kinda like a football team on the verge of crossing over to victories, and is getting closer, but at this stage, still finds a way to lose by the end of the day.Well, we must continue on, work harder, and focus.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	CL 02-12 (1 Min)  1_9_20121.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	173.7 KB
ID:	59136  
Attached Files
Elite Membership required to download: 1 9 2012.mp4
Thanked by:

Last Updated on February 4, 2019

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts