NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Trading School Recommendation Request

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one plethora with 8 posts (2 thanks)
    2. looks_two MetalTrade with 5 posts (12 thanks)
    3. looks_3 TheSeeker with 2 posts (1 thanks)
    4. looks_4 sysot1t with 2 posts (6 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one omaha786 with 3 thanks per post
    2. looks_two sysot1t with 3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 MetalTrade with 2.4 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 jtrade with 1.5 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 15,819 views
    2. thumb_up 38 thanks given
    3. group 14 followers
    1. forum 37 posts
    2. attach_file 1 attachments

Search this Thread

Trading School Recommendation Request

benaam 
Mumbai, India

McMathews View Post
Hi
I am also looking for place where I can know more about trading . This forum circle had helped me a lot. But I am also looking for more practical oriented resource. Please provide me the link If there are any classes going on .

Wikipedia is one of the best resources for learning more about trading.

You could try charting @ freestockcharts. com, its free and very easy. you could also look at some other sites which are equally good.

Investopedia is probably the best source.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
18 thanks
 benaam 
Mumbai, India

bluemele View Post
That is a very good point and missed by most. Their are genetic differences between people's ability to pick things up using different forms of delivery like kinesthetic, auditory etc..

For me, when people talk about Universities giving 'real' education I have to laugh. Maybe for the theoretical industrial age jobs they want to plant the sheep in to somehow climb to the top so they can reap the rewards. For people like me, that type of instruction is DEATH, much like school was growing up. Strictly punishment by boring a person to death.

It is funny as you will see a general discussion on many threads that you don't need this. ONLY THIS way and you will be a master.

So true. University education can be a two-edged sword, it can spoil your natural style by feeding unnecessary junk into your head. For some, it can be useful.

cory 
virginia

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: ninja
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 877
Thanks Received: 8,090

MetalTrade View Post
I don't understand. The rules for entry are strictly defined at the perry system. What do we need to show you ? How to enter a trade ?

that is because one can only trade his method not somebody else's method.

Thanked by:

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: ATC/TT, AMP/Zen-Fire, AMP/CQG
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 3,803
Thanks Received: 2,842

MetalTrade View Post
You are cutting corners way to fast here, indeed for some or most regular people university is a waste of time. For a few, it's an enabler to dig into a subject or specialization and to be surrounded by extraordinary people who form your character by giving you impulses of all sorts. I have to admit that you have to search for it, but it's there in most universities. The most important task a university has for me is to trigger your interest. I became a changed person by listening to some great professors at the university, they showed me the way to some great books and some great insights. You have to blame only yourself, and not the teachers for failing to find it.

That's what you need to find in a university. Not a make me rich, teach it all scheme. Real life starts after university.

Life is not all about how much money you make.

Professors aren't the only one's with life lessons. Professors (whom several are my friends) are typically the least experienced in life that I know. They hide behind acronyms and 'tenure' (at least in the US) and unless you go to a really really great school, then most of them have never had a board room seat, much less traveled to see the Dalai Lama.

Life can definitely 'begin' in Uni, but it doesn't have to.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

TheSeeker 
Germany

Platform: MT4, StrategyRunner
Trading: ES,EUR/USD,Oil
Thanks Given: 81
Thanks Received: 73

bluemele View Post
Professors aren't the only one's with life lessons. Professors (whom several are my friends) are typically the least experienced in life that I know. They hide behind acronyms and 'tenure' (at least in the US) and unless you go to a really really great school, then most of them have never had a board room seat, much less traveled to see the Dalai Lama.

Life can definitely 'begin' in Uni, but it doesn't have to.

No, it doesn't have to.

Still, I wouldn't say university is useless -far fom it. Education is the only thing a person has got these days, a degree from university is still the best protection against unemployment, at least in Germany.

Thanked by:
burton82
chicago

Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 1

the cme group provides pretty good education and a lot of basics and some more advanced strategies

Thanked by:
Daytrader50
DELRAY BEACH

Thanks Given: 19
Thanks Received: 18

Big red Flag! Ive read several emaIls max trading has sent me, let me watch a long drawn out one for free, Gof knows how something spo simple caqn be made confusing, and all I am left with is :no idea what kind of indicaTORS THEY USE, NO IDEA IF THEY USE FIBONACCI, NO IDEA why they have no chat room. Its almost like the whole idea is to keep you injh the dark to keep yopu coming back. Welll, that dont work for most americans. I was just put to sleep by hours of trying to learn and got nothing. Disgraceful.

marc

Fibbee 
Boston, MA. United States

Platform: Ninja
Trading: Futures and Forex
Thanks Given: 102
Thanks Received: 166

plethora View Post
Is there a reputable school to go to learn how to trade? I need more help than I'm able to offer myself. Does anyone have a suggestion based on a very positive experience? TIA.

I would recommend Big Mike's Trading Forum.

There is plenty of helpful information and friendly fellow traders on this website alone. Ultimately though it will remain on your shoulders to figure out what kind, or style, of trader you are. That is the most important thing you can realize. When you pay for a school, you are at a disadvantage because you are trading someone else's method. Also keep in mind that you are being SOLD something. You will most likely realize that you need to create your own methodology and master something specific to you.

If you are just starting as a trader, you would be doing yourself a great service to realize that it is going to take a long time to become successful at this. No matter what road you go. If you are not willing to commit to trading as a business, you will not succeed, regardless of who your teacher is.

My advice to you is to save your money. Chances are you could have found the same information that you paid for, on the internet or in a book.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Last Updated on September 4, 2012

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts