NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

The journey continues

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one lipton80205 with 37 posts (58 thanks)
    2. looks_two Adamus with 2 posts (0 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 2 posts (1 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Quick Summary with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    1. trending_up 7,907 views
    2. thumb_up 59 thanks given
    3. group 2 followers
    1. forum 41 posts
    2. attach_file 32 attachments

Search this Thread

The journey continues

lipton80205 
Denver, CO

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NT
Broker: Zen-
Trading: ES, CL
Thanks Given: 108
Thanks Received: 100

Very long day, so I am going to be short.
Trade 1
After figuring out that we were in a trading range. I took a short about half way down (what I thought) I made a quick couple of pips, moved my stop to BE and was stopped out. I should have gotten in sooner, but after yesterday I was a little slow.
Trade 2
With the strong move up I thought we might break out of the trading range. I took a long at the top of the range, which wasn't smart. After a doji after my entry bar, I exited with a market order, good call. We stayed in the trading range.
Toady Total 3
Week total (29)

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-04-20_EURUSD-5M.png
Views:	202
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	37101  
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
29 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
25 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
21 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
17 thanks
 lipton80205 
Denver, CO

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NT
Broker: Zen-
Trading: ES, CL
Thanks Given: 108
Thanks Received: 100

I had some family in town for the holidays, so I took some time off from trading.
Today was a good day, followed my rules, did a couple silly things, but over all I am happy. Also, I got up early to try and get more screen time. Getting up a 4:00 (my time) was rough. I think I will try for 5:00 and work my way back to 4:00
Trade 1
Earlier in the morning there was a final flag, which broke the higher time frame S/R. When it got close to a S/H I thought there would be a stall then further down. The stall came, but further down wasn't until later. My read on the market was 50% correct, it did go down, but it did not get to what I thought it would. I also got in to early.
Grade B
Trade 2
After the P/B that stopped me out, I still felt like this was going to go down. I had a limit order to go short below the small bear inside bar. I had more slippage then I would have liked but it went promptly down from there. After 2 strong bear bars, things slowed down. I exited with a limit order, which I am glad I did.
Grade A
Trade 3 GBPUSD
The pound was trending down most of the morning. Then hit a trading range for about an hour. I felt with the downward movement and not being close to support, this would make it to support. I had a limit order to go short below support. Quick move down, into support which I didn't think was that big of a deal, well I was wrong. I did a quick market exit after it failed to hold below the support.
I also noted a better entry at 7:00. There was a 2 leg P/B and a final flag. This would have been a better entry. I would have taken no heat would have gotten to my target fast.
Grade C (wait for better entry)
Trade 4
I was trying to get in early after the final flag and lower high (or maybe it was late ) I hit the wrong button, wanted to go short and I went long. Stupid brain. I recovered and exited right away with a market order. I then entered the correct way short for trade 5
Grade D
Trade 5
Quick recovery from my mistake on trade 4, got me in the right direction for trade 5. Went short because of the final flag, lower high and break of support. I trailed my stop a little to close and got stopped out. I should have been stopped out on the next bar and would have gained 1 pip.
Grade B
Total for today +3
Total for week +3

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-04-26_EURUSD-5M.png
Views:	194
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	37427   Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-04-26_GBPUSD-5M.png
Views:	198
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	37428  
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

Last Updated on April 26, 2011

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts