NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Futures trading course feedback course (www.futurestradingsecrets.com)

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one papa15 with 3 posts (1 thanks)
    2. looks_two Jigsaw Trading with 3 posts (4 thanks)
    3. looks_3 dh004110 with 3 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 SeeTrader with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    1. trending_up 11,113 views
    2. thumb_up 7 thanks given
    3. group 9 followers
    1. forum 14 posts
    2. attach_file 1 attachments

Search this Thread

Futures trading course feedback course (www.futurestradingsecrets.com)

papa15 
Wake Forest, NC

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Sierra Charts, Investor RT, Ninja Trader
Broker: VanKar
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 583
Thanks Received: 1,248

omaha786 View Post
Nice, what instrument is this?

Sorry, I should have stated it earlier....it was CL. I used a 8 tick target and based the stop on the previous swing high/low.
Papa15

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Diary of a simple price action trader
26 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
25 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
23 thanks
My NQ Trading Journal
16 thanks
HumbleTraders next chapter
9 thanks

Jigsaw Trading  Jigsaw Trading is an official Site Sponsor

Thanks Given: 831
Thanks Received: 10,393

I have seen the course.

Anyone that has attempted to use oscillators will see the issue with what is discussed on the course. In particular is the way they point to the high of an oscillator and call it an entry point.

Oscillators throw many fake highs intra-bar and if you wait until the close of the bar, you will have missed the first part of the move. The videos point to the swing high and swing lows as if these could possibly be entry points.

An oscillator will turn down when price turns down. The delay generally depends on the lookback period of the oscillator but it WILL occur after the turn. This is the nature of oscillators. The videos discuss hindsight analysis of the market with no discussion on how to analyse in real time.

Like I say - anyone that has experience in oscillators will see the problem from watching the videos. For people without this, it will look very clear until they start in real time at which point the system will be as good as random entry.

papa15 
Wake Forest, NC

Platform: Sierra Charts, Investor RT, Ninja Trader
Broker: VanKar
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 583
Thanks Received: 1,248

DionysusToast View Post
I have seen the course.

Anyone that has attempted to use oscillators will see the issue with what is discussed on the course. In particular is the way they point to the high of an oscillator and call it an entry point.

Oscillators throw many fake highs intra-bar and if you wait until the close of the bar, you will have missed the first part of the move. The videos point to the swing high and swing lows as if these could possibly be entry points.

An oscillator will turn down when price turns down. The delay generally depends on the lookback period of the oscillator but it WILL occur after the turn. This is the nature of oscillators. The videos discuss hindsight analysis of the market with no discussion on how to analyse in real time.

Like I say - anyone that has experience in oscillators will see the problem from watching the videos. For people without this, it will look very clear until they start in real time at which point the system will be as good as random entry.

I don't disagree with anything you said. I have had major problems trading this system in the past. I have only sim traded it the last 2 days, and I would not draw any real conclusions from that small a sample. I will say I am not trading per the course directions. I have not watched the videos in several years and don't plan on watching them anytime soon....I don't like how the course book is written or presented in video.....but as in most things I have looked at, I see how I can use what is there to fit my style of trading. I will say that going with the trend as called for by the long term ergodic yesterday had me taking trades my previous efforts would either have passed by or had me going the other way and these trades came out winners where before I would have been down.

Anyway, I am not recommending this to anyone nor promoting it in anyway....I am just stating exactly what I did and why I did it.
Papa15

Bramhall17 
Manchester UK

Platform: NinjaTrader 7
Trading: ES NQ + Weekly Options
Thanks Given: 22
Thanks Received: 12

When I was in my' buying anything in sight' phase I bought this course- several years ago now. However, I found Ensign software to have too much latency to the UK at that time and like you I found some of the FTS fib derived indicators confusing as they often IMO just kept shunting from what looked like a settled turn.

However, similar to yourself, I did like the Ergodic indicators and in fact use versions of them to this day that I ported into TS and then I/RT. I also like the divergence type plays he advocates. In fact to be fair to Bill he does stand behind his product and whenever I had a question ,even a couple of years afterwards, he was always helpful and constructive. Out of all the courses I bought I am still using some elements & concepts from FTS so ultimately I did derive full value from my purchase. He is very much an ES trader on a fast time-frame with a longer term anchor chart ( circa x3) and whilst I like to day-trade, I personally am not quick witted enough to cope consistently with the combination of fast time-frames with a fast volatile market like the pit session ES . TBH this probably says much more about my weaknesses than FTS. HTH

Thanked by:
 kignkenny 
LA, CA, USA

Experience: Advanced
Platform: MultiCharts
Trading: S&P
Thanks Given: 6
Thanks Received: 36

dh004110 View Post
Would any body be interested in learning more about "futures trading secrets" course which i have bought 2 years ago.......please let me know...

Futures Trading Secrets Trading Course - Strategies and techniques that will make you money!

Yes I would love to know, please share experience

Last Updated on June 29, 2012

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts