NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Horst's Trades

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one er2wizard with 87 posts (278 thanks)
    2. looks_two bluemele with 50 posts (50 thanks)
    3. looks_3 josh with 15 posts (16 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 14 posts (85 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 6.1 thanks per post
    2. looks_two er2wizard with 3.2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 RosDaBoss with 1.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 bluemele with 1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 92,094 views
    2. thumb_up 647 thanks given
    3. group 39 followers
    1. forum 326 posts
    2. attach_file 8 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

Horst's Trades

DCFX 
USA

josh View Post
No where else has the overall spirit been so positive and encouraging.

Perhaps, but I just read through 3 or 4 pages of conjecture and gripes and saw nothing postive or encouraging... what I did find positive and encouraging was Horst's videos and commentary... and that's what I've been following this thread for.

Why all the attacks and demands for account proof here? Is this how everyone is treated who posts a journal, or only the successful ones?

So he's a student of a professional mentor? Does that disqualify a person from posting a journal? If so, I'd assume there are a lot of journals that shouldn't be here. As far as I can tell, he hasn't pushed or solicited anything.

I've watched the videos and have gleaned much for my own trading... that's why I'm here. It's what I assumed these journals are for, and what I'd love to see this thread get back to.

Horst, looking forward to your next video.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
PowerLanguage & EasyLanguage. How to get the platfor …
EasyLanguage Programming
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
29 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
23 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
21 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
17 thanks

josh 
Georgia, US
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: None
Platform: SC
Broker: Denali+Rithmic
Trading: ES, NQ, YM
Thanks Given: 6,775
Thanks Received: 18,223

DCFX View Post
Perhaps, but I just read through 3 or 4 pages of conjecture and gripes and saw nothing postive or encouraging... what I did find positive and encouraging was Horst's videos and commentary... and that's what I've been following this thread for.

Why all the attacks and demands for account proof here? Is this how everyone is treated who posts a journal, or only the successful ones?

So he's a student of a professional mentor? Does that disqualify a person from posting a journal? If so, I'd assume there are a lot of journals that shouldn't be here. As far as I can tell, he hasn't pushed or solicited anything.

I've watched the videos and have gleaned much for my own trading... that's why I'm here. It's what I assumed these journals are for, and what I'd love to see this thread get back to.

Horst, looking forward to your next video.

Well perhaps you missed the several posts by those of us who said basically the same thing you just did. I was responding to the poster who joined today, who made a broad statement about this forum. You are responding to my general statement with a small sample size here. If you would read my replies on this thread, and many others who encourage Horst to post his videos, I think you'll find lots of positive posts.

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: ATC/TT, AMP/Zen-Fire, AMP/CQG
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 3,803
Thanks Received: 2,842

timefreedom View Post
I don't care whether Horst is legit or a shill - it's nice that he put the vids together and it's funny how stimulated people have become. But... he made 80K last month trading for an hour per day and he's going to "class"? I wonder what he's studying... Maybe he can get an MBA, secure a great job with a solid company, put in 80 hour work weeks and knock down 100K per year when the economy turns around.. Or better yet, get his Ph.D., find a great job at a great university and bag $65K a year after he gets tenured in a decade. Give me a break. And just for fun... if Horst is really trading Silver with 10 contracts premarket, then he won't be around long anyway. Unless you are hedged, you don't incur that kind of risk without eventual consequences. Wish it wasn't so - but it just is.

Class
Class | Define Class at Dictionary.com

I would reference #2 on that list.

Class = Trading Class. He actually still to this day goes to class almost daily to watch his Mentor. He spends time trading, then heads to class to listen and be a part of the training and then also offers others like myself support on Skype etc.. (for free, on his own free will)

It is funny how one will take a given context and run with it in a certain direction that lines up with their own belief system. I think he is getting his PHD in trading and probably not going to only pay himself the 65K per year like most PHD's.

Plus, I will give you a break, but I think you are being disingenuous by saying you do not care if he is real or a 'shill'. Just my opinion, but I think we all care a little otherwise we would not be here typing these words. haha....

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
 timefreedom 
Indianapolis, IN USA

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Ninjatrader TOS Custom
Broker: Several
Trading: ES CL ZB
Thanks Given: 226
Thanks Received: 381

bluemele View Post
Class
Class | Define Class at Dictionary.com

I would reference #2 on that list.

Class = Trading Class. He actually still to this day goes to class almost daily to watch his Mentor. He spends time trading, then heads to class to listen and be a part of the training and then also offers others like myself support on Skype etc.. (for free, on his own free will)

It is funny how one will take a given context and run with it in a certain direction that lines up with their own belief system. I think he is getting his PHD in trading and probably not going to only pay himself the 65K per year like most PHD's.

Plus, I will give you a break, but I think you are being disingenuous by saying you do not care if he is real or a 'shill'. Just my opinion, but I think we all care a little otherwise we would not be here typing these words. haha....

@ bluemele, okay, thanks for the clarification about the class he attends - I did not realize that it was a trading class. And you are correct, my comment about him attending class is definitely out of context. Not the first mistake I've made and won't be last. As for the rest of my content, it is dead on and I stand by it. Go Butler!

Thanked by:
 KySt 
Accokeek, USA

Platform: NT & TOS
Trading: ES RUT
Thanks Given: 17
Thanks Received: 24

Mannnnnn.
I've just been reading all this stuff. I guess my last post was naive and a
patronizing as well.

I joined this forum in search of the macdbb's and found this thread in the process. Am I a Horst clony, nope; do I belong to NFTI, nope; am I selling something, nope. I am just a man seeking to succeed in a industry where few do.

I have had the opportunity, through a live format, where I could actually see the price and time trade of two successful traders. One of them every day for months. I was able to see on my own data feed, when he said he was going short/long the price he called. When he said he was scaling or closing at a price, I could verify it. I don't recall EVERY, in the months I observed this guy, that he had a losing day; EVERY. I tried my best to go back and look at the entries in attempt to figure out what he was doing. When I thought I was close to the formula, it didn't match future trades he took. Did he have losing trades, yes. But minimal, but not losing days.

So, I hear all the haters, skeptic, disbelievers now, "why didn't your learn from him"? Answer: I had two occasions to speak directly to him. He had not interest in trading anyone. He said he didn't have time to work through the baggage I was still carrying from childhood, my bad habits and emotional scares. And even if he would consent, he would charge 5 figures just to get started. He is arrogant, self centered, obnoxious and prideful. Oh, did I say full of himself? He was all of that and then some.

I vividly recall a lady who was trying to improve on her trading, report that she had a very good day. Something like $6-700. She was elated. He cut her down like she was nothing. Essentially he said, I don't know why you are talking so much, I made 10 times that. And he may have. His attitude was, "just take some of the trades I call and be happy".

What's my point? I know what Horst shows can be done. I've watched it with skittish skepticism from a bonafide jerk.

If I were Horst (and I'm not), I can easily see why he has not responded. I'm not the object of scrutiny and you drain my energy with your negativity. But, I have the power to resolve that.

Horst, trade on brother and live your life to the fullest.

Oh, way did the guy that I was able to observe for so long, a very successful trade no doubt, have the need to be in a forum of novices? I wonder that as well. So I asked. He responded out of his arrogance; "I don't need this forum, I just like the company".

I guess this is type of guy you can respect. Respond if you like, but there truly is no need......Au revoir

Thanked by:

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,215
Thanks Received: 101,603

KySt View Post
So, I hear all the haters, skeptic, disbelievers now, "why didn't your learn from him"? Answer: I had two occasions to speak directly to him. He had not interest in trading anyone. He said he didn't have time to work through the baggage I was still carrying from childhood, my bad habits and emotional scares. And even if he would consent, he would charge 5 figures just to get started. He is arrogant, self centered, obnoxious and prideful. Oh, did I say full of himself? He was all of that and then some.

Did the guy you are referring to go to other forums, media outlets, blogs, and create new threads that talk up how great the system is which is responsible for his earnings? Did the seller of that system create youtube video's that said you could turn your computer into an ATM machine?

If you missed these two things -- re-read the last dozen or so pages of this thread and then let me know if you still believe your post is an accurate reflection or comparison. It is 100% fine if you do --- I'm just asking. Do these things sound credible to you? Do you believe the association of the student and his mentor is irrelevant or that recent posts are not accurately reflecting things?

I believe the clues are in the details, how it was presented or what claims are made, relationships involved. Basically I go back to my original keyword: "motive". Does it not sound suspect to you the amount of time involved to record, produce, upload videos and make forum posts, depicting a method that coincidentally is for sale for what someone has told me is $10,000? Someone that says he earned 82k last month is promoting a vendor selling 10k of training?

Spending 10k to make 82k a month is a good investment it would seem. Why only 82k? Does the 10k method for sale not allow you to trade more contracts? Why not 820k a month? Does the method not support 10 members, all trading the same way? Why would a method that claims to be so immensely profitable need a youtube ad to make sales? Why would the ad resemble a 2AM get-rich-quick commercial, with money flying out of your computer monitor like an ATM.

To me, it is these details that raise major concerns.

I'm going to step back from this thread and let you guys continue to debate it. This is a personal choice that I feel is best for this discussion.

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
TechnicalTrader
Chicago

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 1

Big Mike View Post
Did the guy you are referring to go to other forums, media outlets, blogs, and create new threads that talk up how great the system is which is responsible for his earnings? Did the seller of that system create youtube video's that said you could turn your computer into an ATM machine?

If you missed these two things -- re-read the last dozen or so pages of this thread and then let me know if you still believe your post is an accurate reflection or comparison. It is 100% fine if you do --- I'm just asking. Do these things sound credible to you? Do you believe the association of the student and his mentor is irrelevant or that recent posts are not accurately reflecting things?

I believe the clues are in the details, how it was presented or what claims are made, relationships involved. Basically I go back to my original keyword: "motive". Does it not sound suspect to you the amount of time involved to record, produce, upload videos and make forum posts, depicting a method that coincidentally is for sale for what someone has told me is $10,000? Someone that says he earned 82k last month is promoting a vendor selling 10k of training?

Spending 10k to make 82k a month is a good investment it would seem. Why only 82k? Does the 10k method for sale not allow you to trade more contracts? Why not 820k a month? Does the method not support 10 members, all trading the same way? Why would a method that claims to be so immensely profitable need a youtube ad to make sales? Why would the ad resemble a 2AM get-rich-quick commercial, with money flying out of your computer monitor like an ATM.

To me, it is these details that raise major concerns.

I'm going to step back from this thread and let you guys continue to debate it. This is a personal choice that I feel is best for this discussion.

Mike

What are others doing here on this forum?
Why so much negatism for other training methodologies.
I have watched Horst's videos and am always excited to see the next.
Are you upset that proper training costs money?
Well, good luck to you and all the negative people here!

Thanked by:
 RosDaBoss 
USA

Platform: NinjaTrader, Tradestation, Win98
Trading: 6E, ES, TF
Thanks Given: 44
Thanks Received: 27

Horst.... To blend in with the crowd you need to throw in a volume or market profile indicator. They'll eat that stuff up.

Thanked by:
nverstop
Ohio

Thanks Received: 18

TechnicalTrader View Post
What are others doing here on this forum?
Why so much negatism for other training methodologies.
I have watched Horst's videos and am always excited to see the next.
Are you upset that proper training costs money?
Well, good luck to you and all the negative people here!

Thanks for registering to tell us that.

Thanked by:
nverstop
Ohio

Thanks Received: 18

RosDaBoss View Post
Horst.... To blend in with the crowd you need to throw in a volume or market profile indicator. They'll eat that stuff up.

Or just tell them that your pc is really an atm that'll work too.

Thanked by:

Closed Thread

Last Updated on April 11, 2011

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts