NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Horst's Trades

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one er2wizard with 87 posts (278 thanks)
    2. looks_two bluemele with 50 posts (50 thanks)
    3. looks_3 josh with 15 posts (16 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 14 posts (85 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 6.1 thanks per post
    2. looks_two er2wizard with 3.2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 RosDaBoss with 1.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 bluemele with 1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 91,549 views
    2. thumb_up 647 thanks given
    3. group 39 followers
    1. forum 326 posts
    2. attach_file 8 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

Horst's Trades

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,173
Thanks Received: 101,537

Yes the fake account number thing is an old trick.

But I believe if you go to the control center Log tab, you cannot fake the output messages generated on live accounts as the messages differ from sim to cash. Of course it has been a while since I used NT so I may be remembering wrong, and on top of that it is still possible the 'real live' account is only a dummy paper account on the broker side.

Bottom line is there are an infinite number of ways to deceive. At some point you have to focus less on that and more on whether or not you can learn something from what is being demonstrated regardless.

I believe a new thread should be started on this subject so we leave this thread intact. This way the community can work together to try and educate everyone to these possible deceptions and what to be on the look out for.

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds

Silvester17 
Columbus, OH
Market Wizard

Experience: None
Platform: NT 8, TOS
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 5,139
Thanks Received: 11,527

bluemele View Post
It is a very valid point, but remember also that Horst is not THE vendor. He is a student.

mike is right, I should have put that in a separate thread. because now it looks like I'm referring to horst or his system (vendor). but I'm not. in fact I have no clue who horst, henry and hans are or what they are doing. I just saw a post with "an account on the dom and real money".

sorry again for the disruption. won't do it again.

Twiddle 
Sydney, Australia

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Ninjatrader
Broker: Mirus
Trading: FDAX
Thanks Given: 150
Thanks Received: 94

This is a site where there are many Journals, most people are struggling to be even minimally profitable, and the majority of people Journaling are losing. To be expected with trading, since we know something like 90% of people fail at it.

When someone posts a journal up, goes for 3 weeks without a single losing day, and averages around $4,000 a day, of course questions are going to be asked about its legitimacy. Then when it is known to be connected to a vendor, even more suspicion is added.

I am not trying to say this Journal is fake, I have no idea, from watching the videos Horst seems genuine to me... But I am just trying to point out a skeptical response is quite a natural thing to such an anomalous event. (A HIGHLY profitable journal)

josh 
Georgia, US
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: None
Platform: SC
Broker: Denali+Rithmic
Trading: ES, NQ, YM
Thanks Given: 6,752
Thanks Received: 18,136

My only and last thought on this: the only way someone would not be legit is if it were replayed from past data, and according to the following post, when replay mode is on, the "Replay101" account is the only one that can be used, not even a sim account can be used:

NinjaTrader Support Forum - View Single Post - Running Strategies in Replay with Multiple Accounts

So sim money or real money, it's done in real time, and that's impressive! :-) I say we let Horst keep up his good work!!

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: ATC/TT, AMP/Zen-Fire, AMP/CQG
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 3,803
Thanks Received: 2,842

I believe Horst figured he would get a bit of static. haha...

Are his results that unbelievable?

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
Thanked by:
 Eric j 
NY

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Esignal, MBT navigator
Trading: Currencies
Thanks Given: 1,396
Thanks Received: 2,576

Big Mike View Post
I believe a new thread should be started on this subject so we leave this thread intact. This way the community can work together to try and educate everyone to these possible deceptions and what to be on the look out for.

Mike

Why disrupt his journal with bickering ? Read the above , thanks .

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
 swedein 
Jonkoping, Sweden

Platform: ninjatrader
Trading: tf
Thanks Given: 8
Thanks Received: 11

er2wizard View Post
Interesting discussion, and yes, that looks pretty cool on the DOM. Sim huh......does any one think I'm ready to go live yet?

I've been using MacBB as an indicator for a long time, the combination of timeframes you use is really interesting.
After all we are here to help each other become good traders, and pinpoint the perfect entry and exit with no fear or regret.
I really enjoy this thread, please keep up the good work.
If you ever decide to start to trade with real money, I'll lend you some, if you give me a good return

//Per

Thanked by:
 travelinman 
Chester Springs, PA

Platform: NinjaTrader 8
Broker: NinjaTrader Brokerage
Trading: ES, 6E, CL
Thanks Given: 107
Thanks Received: 50

Been on too many other trading forums where people are just so negative...glad there isn't much here and thanks for that Big Mike. I've been watching Horst trade for over 3-months now almost every day and I don't know how anyone could think he is not legit, but than I guess the mentality of most people (especially traders) is that if they can't and others around them can't be successful than how could someone possibly be successful. And as long as some people have that attitude they will just keep attracting the same crap into their life.

Horst, hopefully we can get back to just enjoying your journal and maybe a few people that actually have an open mind might get the information they are looking for to pursue delving deeper into becoming consistently successful or maybe just enjoy seeing a very successful technician trade effortlessly. Than again I am fine with just a group of us knowing what is the most important thing to being or becoming a successful trader.
Steve L

Thanked by:
jonny
Zürich

Thanks Given: 8
Thanks Received: 6

Hi,

Horst keep up the great work. You obviously know when there is a move change comming. Don`t let this negativity get to you. Just because one don`t understand how you trade that doesn`t mean that its not possible. Some here in this forum bring a lot of negative energy to show that it can not be done consistently! Man you trade, I will watch with an open mind. If someone is only searching for the bad he will get all the badness. That is how mentalism works! You get what you are looking for!

jonny

KySt 
Accokeek, USA

Platform: NT & TOS
Trading: ES RUT
Thanks Given: 17
Thanks Received: 24

Good day Horst,
How did the bb's line up today?

Thanked by:

Closed Thread

Last Updated on April 11, 2011

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts