NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Horst's Trades

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one er2wizard with 87 posts (278 thanks)
    2. looks_two bluemele with 50 posts (50 thanks)
    3. looks_3 josh with 15 posts (16 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 14 posts (85 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 6.1 thanks per post
    2. looks_two er2wizard with 3.2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 RosDaBoss with 1.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 bluemele with 1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 91,599 views
    2. thumb_up 647 thanks given
    3. group 39 followers
    1. forum 326 posts
    2. attach_file 8 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

Horst's Trades

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: ATC/TT, AMP/Zen-Fire, AMP/CQG
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 3,803
Thanks Received: 2,842

nverstop View Post
Have the youtube videos always been private?

Nope, I bet that Horst has decided to move on.

That is too bad in my opinion, but I will continue to watch them daily I hope. There is a lot of doubt and the way people jump onto someone is interesting. I am sure there is some psychological name for it as I always noticed it in the TEAMS and HIGH-SCHOOL where everyone would jump on the one being picked on. hhahaa...

I respect a great many people who have commented here, but what I see more than anything from those comments is a reflection of fear, weakness and lack of knowledge.

To make fun of the 'peace loving attitude' is strictly juvenile (meant as a lack of development not an insult) and shows your outlook on life and to judge another's perspective is probably not the best way to grow. It has been said a great many times that success with trading is between the person and whatever you want to call it "brain" "subconscious" "spirit" "energy" "God" etc...

This reflection also shows the inexperience of the traders participating in the conversation. If you are emotional during trading, then why would you be trading? Maybe you can 'force' the market to agree with an angry mindful decision, but gosh I know of no successful traders like that?

I am sorry to see Horst go as he inspired many with his videos including myself. Posting the 82K wasn't the best idea as many have so many boundaries inside of themselves and couldn't accept that as a monetary return. I have the same feelings though as why would one do this if they could make that a month etc.. I think you have your answer.

I think something that could be cool is if @Big Mike somehow moved this thread to 'vendor' and we could get more vendors (Horst is not the Vendor as I know for a fact) on the site showing daily trades etc.. That would be awesome! I know there are a few vendors online here and I would love to see their journals as well and I think we could learn a lot!

I have yet to see one trader on this forum PROVE his profitability. I am realizing how hard now that would be to stop the chatter, but in my opinion worth the effort as I believe the people on this board are great and mindful (most times).

What do you think @Big Mike?

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
Online prop firm The Funded Trader (TFT) going under?
Traders Hideout
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Broker: ATC/TT, AMP/Zen-Fire, AMP/CQG
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 3,803
Thanks Received: 2,842

TechnicalTrader View Post
So Are you admitting to misinformation from your previous posts as you all are?
You still aren't saying everything!

You know, if putting 3 world time clocks on your charts ain't enough to convince you hat he was trading live then I would say that you guys are unconvincable or have allterior motives in trying to get Horst to show you in real time.

Hey, How about giving me a million bucks?
OK Balls in your court

HAHA

This really isn't productive. I agree that is a hard one to fake.

Let's move on and find a way to get good people to post on this forum to inspire others in my opinion. That is a nice way to move forward!

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
Thanked by:

Private Banker 
La Jolla, CA

Experience: Master
Platform: Sierra Chart, X_Trader Pro, OptionsCity
Broker: Advantage, Trading Technologies, OptionsCity, IQ Feed
Trading: CL, NG
Thanks Given: 1,713
Thanks Received: 3,863

bluemele View Post
Nope, I bet that Horst has decided to move on.

That is too bad in my opinion, but I will continue to watch them daily I hope. There is a lot of doubt and the way people jump onto someone is interesting. I am sure there is some psychological name for it as I always noticed it in the TEAMS and HIGH-SCHOOL where everyone would jump on the one being picked on. hhahaa...

I respect a great many people who have commented here, but what I see more than anything from those comments is a reflection of fear, weakness and lack of knowledge.

To make fun of the 'peace loving attitude' is strictly juvenile (meant as a lack of development not an insult) and shows your outlook on life and to judge another's perspective is probably not the best way to grow. It has been said a great many times that success with trading is between the person and whatever you want to call it "brain" "subconscious" "spirit" "energy" "God" etc...

This reflection also shows the inexperience of the traders participating in the conversation. If you are emotional during trading, then why would you be trading? Maybe you can 'force' the market to agree with an angry mindful decision, but gosh I know of no successful traders like that?

I am sorry to see Horst go as he inspired many with his videos including myself. Posting the 82K wasn't the best idea as many have so many boundaries inside of themselves and couldn't accept that as a monetary return. I have the same feelings though as why would one do this if they could make that a month etc.. I think you have your answer.

I think something that could be cool is if @Big Mike somehow moved this thread to 'vendor' and we could get more vendors (Horst is not the Vendor as I know for a fact) on the site showing daily trades etc.. That would be awesome! I know there are a few vendors online here and I would love to see their journals as well and I think we could learn a lot!

I have yet to see one trader on this forum PROVE his profitability. I am realizing how hard now that would be to stop the chatter, but in my opinion worth the effort as I believe the people on this board are great and mindful (most times).

What do you think @Big Mike?

That's not a bad idea. I've just read through all the various interesting posts being made by everyone here. I think there is some great confusion going on here with the facts. I think many will agree that trading fibonacci levels while using the MACD BB as a filter can be an extremely successful method of trading. It appears to be very simple yet effective. So, people shouldn't question that anymore IMO. But I do feel kind've funny about the fact that he's doing this during pre-market before real volume comes in all in an hour's time typically. That does add a bit of skepticism in my book but like I said the system could certainly work.

What should be provided as I've requested several times now, is simply the trading statistics that led him to the $80k. I don't think $80k is that much money based on the leverage being used. Showing the trade blotter matched with NT's trade stats would serve as a great benefit in evaluating his trading and system. Like I said before, I can easily make 1 point per day on the ES trading say 200 cars and make roughly $200k/month. But the important thing to such a system is how many stop outs did I have? What was my R:R? Max draw down vs max gain, etc? This is the reason for my request. Let's see what's under the hood.

I can't see why Horst wouldn't be willing to provide further evidence that supports his trades. If these were in fact real trades, it would take a second to do a month to date summary showing all his gains, losses, etc. He should disregard any emotional issues that may have come along with the criticism here and just provide the goods. If he can't or is unwilling to do so, I think many including myself, will continue to believe that this was just an elaborate attempt to promote New Futures Trading. Either way, it worked as everyone knows of this company now (congratulations) and maybe that's all they were looking for.

For all those who think no one is profitable in trading on this forum, you shouldn't be so myopic. But more importantly, is trading about proving yourself to others? I can't recall that ever adding additional money in my account because I was able to prove that I'm really making the trades that I say I do. Successful trading is only up to you. No one is looking over your shoulder verifying anything. If you're lying about your trading, you either have a different source of income or, you will go broke in due time as you're probably draining your trading capital on living expenses and the like.

So, why did I just say this after requesting all that information from Horst? Whether he's trading live or SIM, it doesn't matter to me. What interested me was the emphasis on the money being made with zero details on the trading statistics. This isn't a question of being profitable but a question in evaluating a trader and his system as he has portrayed to the viewers here.

Best,
PB

PepperPhd
Scottsdale

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 11

Private Banker View Post
Like I said before, I can easily make 1 point per day on the ES trading say 200 cars and make roughly $200k/month.
PB

Private Banker,
You're easily making $200k per month trading the ES? That's awesome. Congrats.

Thanked by:

Private Banker 
La Jolla, CA

PepperPhd View Post
Private Banker,
You're easily making $200k per month trading the ES? That's awesome. Congrats.

Lol! No, that was a hypothetical scenario to prove a point. I don't intraday trade ES anymore. It's too slow for me and I'm not throwing around that kind of leverage. I prefer more volatile markets most notably, CL.

Sentenza 
Up North

Broker: Zen-Fire
Trading: CL, NG, FDAX
Thanks Given: 59
Thanks Received: 35

OK, so Horst says he made 82,886.00 in the 18 days he traded.
I’m going to break his profits down by contract, just by simple division (not taking into account the various tick values for the different markets he traded....because I don’t want to waste time).

If horst were trading:
1 contract:
Month Profits: $8,288.6
Day Profits (avg): $460.48

2 contracts:
Month Profits: $16.577.2
Day Profits (avg): $920.96

3 contracts: $24,865.8
Month Profits:
Day Profits (avg): 1,381.44

4 contracts:
Month Profits: $33,124.4
Day Profits (avg): $1841.92

Etc….. (Hopefully I didn’t screw something up….math is not my strength).

I don’t see $460 a day on 1 contract being a huge number for a nine year veteran trader. I really like his style, but it’s not as though he’s the king ding of trading. Why are people so shocked by these profits?

It may be rare to have consistent returns for journals here on futures.io (formerly BMT), but that’s because there are a lot of beginner journals with traders trying to figure it all out. I think studying traders who are consistent and professional is hugely important. It will undoubtedly teach people something that they are unlikely to learn from all the beginner journals.

If Horst’s method was based on proprietary indicators, then maybe he would be crossing the advertisement line here……. but he’s trading with MACDBBlines (which you can get here), NT drawn Fibs, and some chart buttons (which have nothing to do with his method). If people think that to trade like Horst you have to take the same NFT course he does, they’re fools.

It seems that if you have a profitable journal here on futures.io (formerly BMT), you are expected to post indicators, chart templates, statistics, and I guess even a brokerage statement! If you don’t, the hoard seems quick to tar and feather you!

The sense of entitlement here is laughable!

Thanked by:
PepperPhd
Scottsdale

Oh. .... So, if you could do that 'easily', probably in one trade (perhaps two or three on a bad day), why would you be trading the CL? Is a hard $10k more enjoyable then an easy $200k? Do you trade for the action or trade for the money? It seems that readers in this forum prefer the easy money, demanding Horst to prove himself, when all along you could perhaps help out a brother in arms. Are you a vendor? Did you just subliminally cause me to start questioning YOUR motive for posting here? How unfair of you.

RosDaBoss 
USA

Platform: NinjaTrader, Tradestation, Win98
Trading: 6E, ES, TF
Thanks Given: 44
Thanks Received: 27

Sentenza the numbers may be a little off since he did trade the DAX contract (Euro Value) as u mentioned, but Horst as you can see aims for 3-4 points a day. All his trades in his videos are 10 contracts. For most of the products Horst trades, all he needs is $5000 margin. His stops are very conservative as shown in videos. His profit targets and stops contribute to his positive expectancy. Look at that day when he only had 17% winning trades. He still came up on top. In none of his videos have I seen him trade more (as some people imply) than 10 contracts. Overleveraging??? Not at all.

PepperPhd
Scottsdale

I now remember where I've seen this thread before.

YouTube - She's a witch!

Thanked by:

Private Banker 
La Jolla, CA

PepperPhd View Post
Oh. .... So, if you could do that 'easily', probably in one trade (perhaps two or three on a bad day), why would you be trading the CL? Is a hard $10k more enjoyable then an easy $200k? Do you trade for the action or trade for the money? It seems that readers in this forum prefer the easy money, demanding Horst to prove himself, when all along you could perhaps help out a brother in arms. Are you a vendor? Did you just subliminally cause me to start questioning YOUR motive for posting here? How unfair of you.

Oh, I get it. You want to debate markets and methods. I specifically said I don't utilize that much leverage in my trading. I'm not here to prove myself either. My request here is very clear and won't pursue useless conversations like this any further.

Update: And as far as being a Vendor, definitely not. I make my living from trading not selling my method. But I think that's a good question/comment to point out.

Closed Thread

Last Updated on April 11, 2011

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts