NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Horst's Trades

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one er2wizard with 87 posts (278 thanks)
    2. looks_two bluemele with 50 posts (50 thanks)
    3. looks_3 josh with 15 posts (16 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 14 posts (85 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 6.1 thanks per post
    2. looks_two er2wizard with 3.2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 RosDaBoss with 1.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 bluemele with 1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 91,549 views
    2. thumb_up 647 thanks given
    3. group 39 followers
    1. forum 326 posts
    2. attach_file 8 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

Horst's Trades

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,173
Thanks Received: 101,537

josh View Post
I still did not get a satisfactory answer to this question: how would someone fake trading this in real time?

Did you see:

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
38 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
19 thanks
The Program
18 thanks

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,173
Thanks Received: 101,537

Futures Spirit View Post
Good words about good traders spread fast

So your answer to my question is essentially "through the grapevine" ?

Are you Horst?

Are you friends with Horst?

Are you a customer of the vendor selling this method?

Are you affiliated in any way whatsoever with the group of people that created and are selling this method?

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
Thanked by:
PepperPhd
Scottsdale

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 11

I registered to BigMike's forum to get access to indicators. My time is focused on my profession. I am a professional trader and I treat it as such. Following the threads in trading forums is a waste of energy. I have no interest the never ending dramas of losing traders. My passion is trading, not posting in forums to increase my stats. The key to the holy grail is in your head. The turtle traders used the same set of identical trading rules, and yet no two individuals had identical results. Proven system with a positive expectancy (and funded with someone elses money), yet human psychological prevented following the precise rules. And I could care less about who his mentor is, and am not interested in his motive. From what is obvious, Horst has not pushed anything, yet posters are trying to pull it out, casting unkindness and doubt along the way. Essentially proving their point about where their trading success is and why.

Thanked by:

PositiveDeviant 
United Kingdom

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Multicharts
Trading: Dow
Thanks Given: 257
Thanks Received: 256

Futures Spirit View Post
Admire the good things you see in others, that would be a great change to 90% of this board.

For anyone new to any forum, to make this type of comment, in my view shows a lack a judgement. I'm a relatively new member here and it's very obvious the work that has gone into making this a positive place where people can learn from each other. I've been on quite a few forums and I haven't seen anything quite like this. People helping each other, sharing ideas, indicators etc. There's a very good vibe here.

Your comment is factually incorrect.

"The primary thing required to obtain what you want from life, is simply the will to pursue it, and the faith to believe it is possible." - Author Unknown

"The ability to maintain discipline and stick to the rules is the hallmark of the experienced successful trader" - Curtis Faith
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal

Private Banker 
La Jolla, CA

Experience: Master
Platform: Sierra Chart, X_Trader Pro, OptionsCity
Broker: Advantage, Trading Technologies, OptionsCity, IQ Feed
Trading: CL, NG
Thanks Given: 1,713
Thanks Received: 3,863

josh View Post
I still did not get a satisfactory answer to this question: how would someone fake trading this in real time? The only way I see would be to use replay data, and as far as I have seen, the "Account" box in NT's DOM will show "Replay101" when in this mode. Whether sim or real account, is there any way to fake doing this in real time? If so, I would like to hear an explanation.

Futures Spirit / Henry / whoever: you're not helping anyone's credibility when you register and make 1 post to this thread. This is probably the biggest red flag people look for.

Josh,

From what I can tell, the easy way to fake it would simply be alter the account number from it saying SIM to a random a/c#. Mike eluded to this earlier. You would then record all of your trades and only show your winning trades vs. your losing trades. Shouldn't the NT DoM also display your a/c# vs the instrument being traded? Maybe that's a broker specific thing, not sure I don't use NT's DoM. This is precisely why I requested a trade blotter and other trading related statistics. I realize those can be faked as well, but it would be a big effort for someone. Question, why wouldn't someone who is making $80k/month not donate to this forum to become an Elite member? Just curious, if there's personal obligations/issues involved, I totally respect that.

I think the New Futures method could certainly be successful however, I was skeptical because there were no losses being shown. Every trader takes losses here and there. It's just a part of the business. To not have one loss mentioned for the entire month is unrealistic. I think one of the most important elements to a trading system is how you manage your risk and recover from a losing trade(s). If a system is solely focused on how much money you will make and doesn't demonstrate the importance of managing your risk, that's the biggest red flag there is. Trading isn't all about just making money. It's how you make money while managing your risk. In turn, creating a favorable reward to the risk your taking.

Anyway, I am again respectfully requesting Horst to provide further details to his trades. I think it would be a great benefit for a lot of newer traders out there that have been following his posts. I for one believe it's certainly possible to make $80k/month when using the leverage that he has displayed. In fact, I wonder why he only made $80k trading with that amount of leverage? We need some answers here, lol! That isn't much from a total points gained perspective. That's like someone going on and making videos on how successful a system is by trading 200 ES contracts to make 1 point/day. That would yield roughly $200k/month before commissions, etc. But 1 point isn't very impressive IMO. Again, it would be great if you provided some sort of written dialogue with your entries discussing your trading day in more detail that included risk/reward and other stats.

Horst, do the right thing here and support your posts. Provide the details of the trades you've posted. I think it'll be a great benefit for you, your trading method, firm, mentor and the forum.

Cheers,
PB

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: ATC/TT, AMP/Zen-Fire, AMP/CQG
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 3,803
Thanks Received: 2,842

@Private Banker

He does have quite a few losses, just no losing days. If you watch his videos (which I have done for 5+ months) you will find that he trades premarket now so he can get to class and that he will typically trade for no more than 1 hour. If he doesn't get what he wants, he will take a break and then jump in again and get a trade he wants.

It is up to Horst to defend himself, but just showing you what I have seen. I am all for Horst showing more to the public as I do believe he has Mastered something, but that is his choice.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal

josh 
Georgia, US
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: None
Platform: SC
Broker: Denali+Rithmic
Trading: ES, NQ, YM
Thanks Given: 6,752
Thanks Received: 18,136

Big Mike View Post
Did you see:

Mike

Thanks Mike, I didn't see this post.

I am playing devil's advocate here. The fact is, no one has any evidence. That's what bothers me in the whole thing. I have no vested interest either way. I sent a video to Horst to get some feedback on one of my trades a few weeks ago, and he kindly provided some. I have chatted with him online a few times, and he has always been pleasant and nice. On this thread, and in our personal conversations, he has not ONCE actually plugged his method. He has not revealed information that he promised to not reveal.

Perhaps the whole thing is a scam, and I'm fine with that--I'd rather pass judgement when I have facts rather than conjecture, that's all. With these one-time posters coming in, it lends itself to being more that way all the time. But I wouldn't give someone the guilty verdict if I were on a jury based on what might be ...

Real money or sim money is not important to me at this point--what's important is, Is it done in real time? The answer is obviously yes, per my last post regarding the Replay101 account. So, I address the other two points you made:

1) Hedging -- this is an interesting way to do it I think. Have two computers set up, record both, take opposite positions (perhaps at different times), and record the audio later. However, I do hear NT's "order filled" in the background and certainly this could be added in I suppose, though it sounds "unedited" to me.

2) Take lots of trades, and then only post the good ones. If I recall, Horst displays his "arrows" indicating trade entry and exit, and when you change the account in NT on the chart trader, it changes arrows to show the trades taken from that account. So, I could get up at 6:00 and start taking trades, and any that I don't want to show I can delete by wiping the sim account, and start over. Intriguing and possible. The only thing is, Horst has pretty consistently traded from 7am central to 8am central or so, so it's not like he's posting in the afternoon after he's screwed up all morning or something. Horst has kept a pretty narrow window, in other words, a window that doesn't give one too many chances to do this.

So, is it perhaps possible, (not even probable) that Horst is really doing what he's saying he's doing? I trade with Velocity futures and have seen on their leader board the same names at the top every day--there are 4 or 5 guys who always net around 10K or higher. And they do it every day. After all the encouragement to start journals here, perhaps the motive for posting this journal is because it's been encouraged?

To you who have decided that this is a fake:

1) Can you yourself produce a similar video that's as good a fake?
2) What would give you undeniable proof and evidence that the trades are real?

Thanked by:
 travelinman 
Chester Springs, PA

Platform: NinjaTrader 8
Broker: NinjaTrader Brokerage
Trading: ES, 6E, CL
Thanks Given: 107
Thanks Received: 50

I enjoyed the journal until everyone else started trying to take control of it. I'm sure those same people who are questioning Horst integrity are making similar posts on ALL other journals here on futures.io (formerly BMT), right???
If you don't like something than move on, there are things I don't like that others do I don't ruin their time just because it doesn't fit with how I view the world.

This place is still a lot better than any other trading forum that I have spent time on. There is nothing wrong with being skeptical, just don't take over someone else's thread with it...you know they have a thing here called "Private message" if you feel the need to vent. Or perhaps everyone who is questioning Horst can point us to your Trading Journal here and the live video trades that you do. Don't worry I'm not going to hold my breath on that actually happening.

Steve L.

josh 
Georgia, US
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: None
Platform: SC
Broker: Denali+Rithmic
Trading: ES, NQ, YM
Thanks Given: 6,752
Thanks Received: 18,136

Futures Spirit View Post
Mike, you are great guy, u mean well, but somehow attracting same type of people. It is your business and it might be profitable this way. How about keeping the the ones that can really teach you something.

Love you all truly, you have my blessings for success...as weird as it sounds to you, but it is from the heart...

FS, perhaps you mean well but this forum is tops on the internet. No where else has the overall spirit been so positive and encouraging. You have not been on this forum long enough to see that, and it's a bit arrogant to assume you know it so well from such a small sample size. And if I may add, it may sound a slight bit arrogant to say "you have my blessings for success" ... as far as I have seen, no one asked for your blessings, though I personally thank you for your good wishes.

timefreedom 
Indianapolis, IN USA

Platform: Ninjatrader TOS Custom
Broker: Several
Trading: ES CL ZB
Thanks Given: 226
Thanks Received: 381

bluemele View Post
@ Private Banker

He does have quite a few losses, just no losing days. If you watch his videos (which I have done for 5+ months) you will find that he trades premarket now so he can get to class and that he will typically trade for no more than 1 hour. If he doesn't get what he wants, he will take a break and then jump in again and get a trade he wants.

It is up to Horst to defend himself, but just showing you what I have seen. I am all for Horst showing more to the public as I do believe he has Mastered something, but that is his choice.

I don't care whether Horst is legit or a shill - it's nice that he put the vids together and it's funny how stimulated people have become. But... he made 80K last month trading for an hour per day and he's going to "class"? I wonder what he's studying... Maybe he can get an MBA, secure a great job with a solid company, put in 80 hour work weeks and knock down 100K per year when the economy turns around.. Or better yet, get his Ph.D., find a great job at a great university and bag $65K a year after he gets tenured in a decade. Give me a break. And just for fun... if Horst is really trading Silver with 10 contracts premarket, then he won't be around long anyway. Unless you are hedged, you don't incur that kind of risk without eventual consequences. Wish it wasn't so - but it just is.

Thanked by:

Closed Thread

Last Updated on April 11, 2011

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts