NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Horst's Trades

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one er2wizard with 87 posts (278 thanks)
    2. looks_two bluemele with 50 posts (50 thanks)
    3. looks_3 josh with 15 posts (16 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 14 posts (85 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 6.1 thanks per post
    2. looks_two er2wizard with 3.2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 RosDaBoss with 1.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 bluemele with 1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 91,549 views
    2. thumb_up 647 thanks given
    3. group 39 followers
    1. forum 326 posts
    2. attach_file 8 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

Horst's Trades

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: ATC/TT, AMP/Zen-Fire, AMP/CQG
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 3,803
Thanks Received: 2,842

timefreedom View Post
Hi Bluemele,
I respect your question - and enjoy your journal. Philosophically, I like Stephen Covey's (7 Habits of Highly Effective People) paradigm: Win Win or No Deal. In other words, you agree up front that the only acceptable conclusion is to find something that both parties agree is a "win" or you simply agree to disagree. This would get way beyond the scope of what you're asking for, but it is actually possible that I could be short ES in a directional play and wanting the market to move down. The other side of my trade is held, for this example, by a bank that is using the long ES position that offsets my trade to hedge their delta, or directional risk of a different equity position. So from that standpoint, it is possible that a favorable move for me, could also end up as a "win" for the other side. But in general, I'm pretty much thinking that the only way I'm going to get filled short is if someone else thinks the market is going up. One of us will be right, and I hope I'm the one.

In the context of this thread... I'd like to see a little more competitive spirit from Horst. If he is for real, why roll over and quit when a little adversity comes along? If Horst takes a few losing trades, does he bid the market adieu? On the other hand, if there is an ulterior motive for his posting and he has been exposed, then his departure would make perfect sense.

Probably my favorite book of all time. If only I could master it. haha...

Well, I believe most banks can't hedge as a bona-fide hedger on ES correct? Not certain, but would think not. So they would be speculating at a certain distance and hence hedging which would make it a WIN/WIN!

Something though about Horst. If you are really in that 'mindset' of 'bliss', then proving or disproving things is really too much negative effort. I only say this as I am a psuedo-hippie haha compared to most people.

Quoting 
Imagine, you are floating in a river down and letting it carry you down the stream of life. You are effortless and you feel gooey inside! You open your eyes above and you see a beautiful sky with the tops of trees and clouds that you make into amazing shapes. All of the sudden you have people screaming at you as you pass them by yelling, "Hey, Mr. you are drowning, grab onto my boat so I can save you!" from another gentleman, "Mr. You can't float down that whole stream, as this river ends into a 200' drop into the lagoon!" from another "Mr. are you alive, can you hear me, I don't believe you could be enjoying this and you must listen to me now, wake up and save yourself!"........

You wake up, and realize that your "dream" is over and your new 'reality' has started and you grab onto this persons boat. You see this person has a fearful look in his eye and you look at what he is looking at. The end of the stream, it just ends, is this the drop the person was talking about, and the only thing you can see is the Mist! What is after that MIST?

I hope this makes some sense? But for some reason maybe in a String Universe or something Horst is actually showing his account and continuing to battle! haha...

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
38 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
27 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
19 thanks
The Program
18 thanks

dee50 
cordoba spain

Platform: ninjatrader
Trading: 6E
Thanks Given: 77
Thanks Received: 38

I can not believe you lot, you are entitled to your opinions, but quite frankly go and piss on someone elses parade. I can decide for myself whether horst´s videos are a sham or not i do not come on to this forum to trawl through pages and pages of rantings by people who seem to have missed the point. Also, computers are like televisions if you do not like the content just press the button!!! If you do not want to buy it, then don´t.!!! You and I have the right to choose, so make the choice for yourselves not for every one else. I for one have enjoyed the videos and have taken some valuable pointers from them and have taken them as purely educational as I do with most web content.

What do you lot do when you watch a film, thoroughly ruin it no doubt.

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Broker: ATC/TT, AMP/Zen-Fire, AMP/CQG
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 3,803
Thanks Received: 2,842

dee50 View Post
I can not believe you lot, you are entitled to your opinions, but quite frankly go and piss on someone elses parade. I can decide for myself whether horst´s videos are a sham or not i do not come on to this forum to trawl through pages and pages of rantings by people who seem to have missed the point. Also, computers are like televisions if you do not like the content just press the button!!! If you do not want to buy it, then don´t.!!! You and I have the right to choose, so make the choice for yourselves not for every one else. I for one have enjoyed the videos and have taken some valuable pointers from them and have taken them as purely educational as I do with most web content.

For a Spaniard you sure have a British accent when you type. I haven't heard the word 'tossers' in a while. haha.. Great word...

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
 Twiddle 
Sydney, Australia

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Ninjatrader
Broker: Mirus
Trading: FDAX
Thanks Given: 150
Thanks Received: 94

dee50 View Post
I can not believe you lot, you are entitled to your opinions, but quite frankly go and piss on someone elses parade. I can decide for myself whether horst´s videos are a sham or not

You may be able to decide whether they are a Sham or not, however this is a forum where you shouldn't have to.

The point of these Journals are to help the traders posting in them, not to provide a free advertising place for scam artists.

dee50 View Post
i do not come on to this forum to trawl through pages and pages of rantings by people who seem to have missed the point.

Precisely. By the same token others do not want to trawl through a forum having to sift out elaborate scams providing false hope.

dee50 View Post
Also, computers are like televisions if you do not like the content just press the button!!! If you do not want to buy it, then don´t.!!!

Yes, and forums have moderators, if they do not want their forums cluttered by fraudulent material they can press the "ban" button.

dee50 View Post
You and I have the right to choose, so make the choice for yourselves not for every one else.

You do not get to choose how Mike runs his forum, nor do you get to choose how people decide to employ critical thinking and skepticism.

dee50 View Post
I for one have enjoyed the videos and have taken some valuable pointers from them and have taken them as purely educational as I do with most web content.

Good that you found the videos entertaining, but that is hardly the point.

dee50 View Post

How presumptuous of you.

How would you know what any of us do when we watch a movie?
You have no evidence whatsoever for your assertion. But then it seems by your reaction to the skepticism in this thread that evidence may not be important to you.

Perhaps this thread would be better suited to you:

Notice how this thread has gone as long as it has without a single insult being thrown until your post?
No one is outright calling Horst a scammer, they are simply asking for evidence.

Thanked by:

Sentenza 
Up North

Broker: Zen-Fire
Trading: CL, NG, FDAX
Thanks Given: 59
Thanks Received: 35

Twiddle View Post

Notice how this thread has gone as long as it has without a single insult being thrown until your post?
No one is outright calling Horst a scammer, they are simply asking for evidence.

Your wrong there Twiddle....there's been a history of insults in this thread.

If Horst is done here this thing needs to be locked.......

Twiddle 
Sydney, Australia

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Ninjatrader
Broker: Mirus
Trading: FDAX
Thanks Given: 150
Thanks Received: 94

Sentenza View Post
Your wrong there Twiddle....there's been a history of insults in this thread.

I don't recall any of a direct nature such as calling people "tossers".

You may be right though, but I am not about to go back through the thread to see if there were.

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,173
Thanks Received: 101,537

Moderator Notice
Moderator Notice

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal

Closed Thread

Last Updated on April 11, 2011

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts