NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Horst's Trades

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one er2wizard with 87 posts (278 thanks)
    2. looks_two bluemele with 50 posts (50 thanks)
    3. looks_3 josh with 15 posts (16 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 14 posts (85 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 6.1 thanks per post
    2. looks_two er2wizard with 3.2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 RosDaBoss with 1.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 bluemele with 1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 92,030 views
    2. thumb_up 647 thanks given
    3. group 39 followers
    1. forum 326 posts
    2. attach_file 8 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

Horst's Trades

jonny
Zürich

Thanks Given: 8
Thanks Received: 6

Hi @ all,

thanks Horst. Please don`t listen to anyone and keep up your great work. How long does it takes to be such a professional? I began to trade 6 years ago. I am profitable but not like you. That is amazing!!!

jonny

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
27 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Diary of a simple price action trader
20 thanks
My NQ Trading Journal
14 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
9 thanks

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: ATC/TT, AMP/Zen-Fire, AMP/CQG
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 3,803
Thanks Received: 2,842

Well, Horst has an immense loyalty to those who gave him the profitable 'edge'. So, you will see some defending of NFT and all that. However, Horst is his own person from what I have discovered and a legitimately good trader.

If you look at both of our journals you will see that we take our trades off the same 'guidelines', but he is much better at waiting and seeing price action correctly.

To be honest, most people can't follow his trades even if he explained them as some of them I don't even get and I have been doing this system for 18 months. He knows when to hold em', knows when to fold em', knows when to walk away, and knows when to run.

This answers the next question as I believe he has been doing this for just over 4.5 years, ex-contractor and spent a couple years gleaning a massive amount of chart time to truly understand his limitations and overcome those. (He is a very big believer that you do not need to spend as much time learning the ropes as he did)

I have had a challenge overcoming my changing of the system and minimizing it and basically creating a break even system. Horst has been helping me to get back to see the 'big picture'. (not for money)

He is very loyal like I said, so expect some 'feedback', but besides that I think if you sit back and watch it you will glean information from the vids.

I did the same for several weeks, but because I wasn't profitable nobody cared. haha..

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
 bugsbunny 
toronto,ontaio

hey horst keep being profitable thats what matters in the end u will have the last laugh.....
you rite this is your journal, so whatever u do here entirely is your stuff, not others to decide whether u should share your system @ least i can see u are trading live & not even bothering hiding your account info, so it takes a man to not care about all this little stuff so dont be bothered i dont think u did, just keep rolling that profit dice..... Cheers
I just enjoy just watching someone making $$$$

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Yes, in my opinion it doesn't matter as it is inspiring for someone to actually show profitable trading. I wish more successful traders did it and not just vendors. Maybe someday. I don't think they understand how inspiring it is to aspiring traders.

Thanked by:
 Eric j 
NY

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Esignal, MBT navigator
Trading: Currencies
Thanks Given: 1,396
Thanks Received: 2,576

Thanks js12 for the cool link .

New Futures Trading - A way of life...

Very interesting site they have there .

jonny
Zürich

Thanks Given: 8
Thanks Received: 6

Hi @ all,

Thank you so much js 12 for that link. Newfuturestrading.com has a very intersting site. Very clear charts. Here is the different between traders and real professionals.

Thanks to blue for the respond.

@ Horst:
Are you a student from NFT? Can you tell me more about the program? How long does it takes to ... make me feel better???

er2wizard 
Chicago Burbs

Experience: Master
Platform: NT, TS
Trading: TF, 6E, SI, CL, FDAX, ZN, ES
Thanks Given: 119
Thanks Received: 305

Didn't get a chance to trade today, as I had data issues. Just as well, I have a habit of taking a long weekends anyway and not trading on Fridays so this worked out quite well...

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread

er2wizard 
Chicago Burbs

Thanks for all the support guys, I appreciate all the kind words and positive thoughts.

Jonny, I have been trading for about 9 years. I went through all the phases. Buying books, DVD's, joining chat rooms, trading rooms. This guru claims he's great for this, that guru claims he's great for that. You name it, I have probably tried it. Getting to the level of consistency required to earn a decent living takes lots of hard work and a path of disciplined education. I finally realized that instead of just handing over my money to the market, because I thought I knew how to trade, I would get a decent education. You can't compete with the professionals, without the proper tools. I went through 3 schools of trading and each one taught me a different logic. Some of which was totally useless. I have had 6 years of professional trading education, and my education has more than paid for itself. I am still a student for the simple fact that you can never learn enough. As long as there is someone better than you, there is something more to learn.

So in a nutshell, I floundered for about 3 years and wandered around aimlessly before getting serious and buckling down, and finally became profitable in year 7. So if you have been trading for 6.....you only have one more to go.....

Bluemele, you are absolutely correct, I am one loyal son of a gun. I will go to the mat for any of my friends or associates. I am not about to bite the only hand that has taught me how to feed myself.

Bugsbunny, I appreciate the fact, that you appreciate the fact, that someone is finally walking the talk and actually showing eager traders that..... HECK YEAH, it can be done, WATCH...........and if I can do it, you most assuredly can do it.

Horst

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

er2wizard View Post
Didn't get a chance to trade today, as I had data issues. Just as well, I have a habit of taking a long weekends anyway and not trading on Fridays so this worked out quite well...

If you are scared to trade the market, then just say it.

I will try the TT datafeed and see if I get a difference to what the zenfire has been giving me. I need something to blame my trading on!

er2wizard 
Chicago Burbs

bluemele View Post
If you are scared to trade the market, then just say it.

I will try the TT datafeed and see if I get a difference to what the zenfire has been giving me. I need something to blame my trading on!

The only reason I chose Trading Technologies over Zenfire was the fact of the Zenfire data made my DOM very bouncy and jittery for some reason. I tried TT and it was a lot smoother and less hectic. Strange thing was that it was pc specific. I didnt experience the Zenfire bouncing on my laptop. Asking around I discovered that it was hit or miss. If you've seen Julia's videos she commented that her DOM seemed to be bouncing a lot, and she has TT, so go figure.

I have been watching your videos and have to say that your whole new approach is starting to pay off. I see a positive difference from say .....3 weeks ago. You are on a plateau, and need to break that flatline barrier of having as many plus days as you are minus days. One day very soon it will just click into place, and you will just have this ear to ear grin on your face.

Hang in there buddy, good things come to those that wait.

Thanked by:

Closed Thread

Last Updated on April 11, 2011

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts