NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Horst's Trades

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one er2wizard with 87 posts (278 thanks)
    2. looks_two bluemele with 50 posts (50 thanks)
    3. looks_3 josh with 15 posts (16 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 14 posts (85 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 6.1 thanks per post
    2. looks_two er2wizard with 3.2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 RosDaBoss with 1.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 bluemele with 1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 92,094 views
    2. thumb_up 647 thanks given
    3. group 39 followers
    1. forum 326 posts
    2. attach_file 8 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

Horst's Trades

RosDaBoss 
USA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader, Tradestation, Win98
Trading: 6E, ES, TF
Thanks Given: 44
Thanks Received: 27

RosDaBoss View Post
Anticipating the videos with 10+ nuggets. I can hardly wait for those.

Thanks Horst for the 10 Nugget Video. I feel relieved. I couldn't hold it much longer.

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Increase in trading performance by 75%
The Elite Circle
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
36 thanks
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
24 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
20 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
16 thanks
 KySt 
Accokeek, USA

Platform: NT & TOS
Trading: ES RUT
Thanks Given: 17
Thanks Received: 24

er2wizard View Post
Didn't trade yesterday, Monday. Went out to celebrate a birthday with some friends Sun. night and lets just say too much wine was involved.....made note to self many trades ago......when the head is pounding, don't be trading.

Got up early to find something and then was headed to class. I think Silver is my new friend

1 trade 10 nuggets.

You couldn't hold it in......Good man
Very nice trade!

Thanked by:
 travelinman 
Chester Springs, PA

Platform: NinjaTrader 8
Broker: NinjaTrader Brokerage
Trading: ES, 6E, CL
Thanks Given: 107
Thanks Received: 50

er2wizard View Post
Didn't trade yesterday, Monday. Went out to celebrate a birthday with some friends Sun. night and lets just say too much wine was involved.....made note to self many trades ago......when the head is pounding, don't be trading.

Got up early to find something and then was headed to class. I think Silver is my new friend

1 trade 10 nuggets.

Thanks Horst, great job on Silver the last few days. You had me laughing during yesterday Silver trade when you kept putting up the Internet times. I kept thinking Horst is trying to prove to the skeptical ones that he is doing this live. I got a feeling most of them will just have another issue with your trading journal. Hard to change the closed-minded bunch, they would rather see inconsistency and losses and than you will have made some new friends.

Keep up your journal, I know that it is helping me and I am sure others who are more open-minded.

Thanks,
Steve L

Thanked by:

er2wizard 
Chicago Burbs

Experience: Master
Platform: NT, TS
Trading: TF, 6E, SI, CL, FDAX, ZN, ES
Thanks Given: 119
Thanks Received: 305

Family Trader View Post

Couple of questions, and accepting you have a "proprietary system", which is a croc....,

I lost interest right here.

“The more I am around people, the more I love my dogs.” ~Author Unknown
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread
Thanked by:

er2wizard 
Chicago Burbs

Experience: Master
Platform: NT, TS
Trading: TF, 6E, SI, CL, FDAX, ZN, ES
Thanks Given: 119
Thanks Received: 305

Traded the DAX and 6E this morning. Everything was going according to plan until my internet went out for a while (I think). I didn't feel comfortable trading anymore until I get a chance to double check whatever issues I was having. Lagging internet is my suspicion but I will look into it further. Anyway, I entered 2 trades DAX and 6E..... 6E returned around 3 nuggets and the DAX approx 1 for a total of 3.9 nuggets.

“The more I am around people, the more I love my dogs.” ~Author Unknown
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: ATC/TT, AMP/Zen-Fire, AMP/CQG
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 3,803
Thanks Received: 2,842

er2wizard View Post
Traded the DAX and 6E this morning. Everything was going according to plan until my internet went out for a while (I think). I didn't feel comfortable trading anymore until I get a chance to double check whatever issues I was having. Lagging internet is my suspicion but I will look into it further. Anyway, I entered 2 trades DAX and 6E..... 6E returned around 3 nuggets and the DAX approx 1 for a total of 3.9 nuggets.

Probably just a Java Applet feed issue is my guess. Good work today. Didn't get a chance to trade this morning as new time change and it has been getting hotter at night so harder to sleep at 9pm. haha...

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
Thanked by:
 Family Trader 
Palm Beach County

Experience: Advanced
Platform: OEC about to change to Ninja
Trading: ES ,EUR/USD
Thanks Given: 66
Thanks Received: 90

er2wizard View Post
I lost interest right here.

Well unfortunately, that is a cop out...so you are not prepared to offer any traders any guidance from your worthwhile experiences related to leveraging...

Disappointing...

Trader

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal

PandaWarrior 
In the heat

Experience: None
Thanks Given: 6,329
Thanks Received: 13,405

Family Trader View Post
Well unfortunately, that is a cop out...so you are not prepared to offer any traders any guidance from your worthwhile experiences related to leveraging...

Disappointing...

Trader

You have a funny way of encouraging transparency. Insults and accusations are wonderful methods of getting what you want.

You call his system a "croc". Why? Is it because he paid for it? So what. It works. You think he's lying about trading live? So what, he's showing his trades via video. They work. That's enough. If they work on sim, they work live. You don't like his response to how he sizes his trades, so what, its his journal and he can respond how he likes. So far he's treated you with a measure of dignity, something which you have not afforded him.

There is a huge bias against paid systems here on the forum. This is partly due to the nature of the beast. Charging for something that may work for the creator seldom works for the student. One really must make the system their own before trusting live money to it. Otherwise you'll just jump around like so many others have done. Horst seems to have done that.

Leave the man alone already. He is not advocating others buy the system, he is not condemning others who do...(something you may wish to emulate) he is providing a clear visual of what successful trading is all about. Will everyone trade like him? Of course not. Just because he doesn't trade like you does not mean he's not successful. It means he's different. I suspect he's even different from you in the making money department as your comments smack of jealousy more than a serious attempt to understand.

If I had my way, I'd ban you today.

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication, Leonardo da Vinci

Most people chose unhappiness over uncertainty, Tim Ferris
Arpeggi
Chicago, IL

Thanks Given: 19
Thanks Received: 36

aztrader9 View Post
You have a funny way of encouraging transparency. Insults and accusations are wonderful methods of getting what you want.

You call his system a "croc". Why? Is it because he paid for it? So what. It works. You think he's lying about trading live? So what, he's showing his trades via video. They work. That's enough. If they work on sim, they work live. You don't like his response to how he sizes his trades, so what, its his journal and he can respond how he likes. So far he's treated you with a measure of dignity, something which you have not afforded him.

There is a huge bias against paid systems here on the forum. This is partly due to the nature of the beast. Charging for something that may work for the creator seldom works for the student. One really must make the system their own before trusting live money to it. Otherwise you'll just jump around like so many others have done. Horst seems to have done that.

Leave the man alone already. He is not advocating others buy the system, he is not condemning others who do...(something you may wish to emulate) he is providing a clear visual of what successful trading is all about. Will everyone trade like him? Of course not. Just because he doesn't trade like you does not mean he's not successful. It means he's different. I suspect he's even different from you in the making money department as your comments smack of jealousy more than a serious attempt to understand.

If I had my way, I'd ban you today.

Second!

There have been a few people that have been critical of Horst's "system" that he uses - but I have yet to see him try to sell it, push it on others, or even try to convince people that his system is better than others. He has been patient with everyone who is being overly critical of him - something that I probably would have handled differently. He is neither condescending or rude towards anyone else here. Did you go to college? That's technically a system as it teaches you how to do something. You could very easily have skipped college and learned things on your own but either way you look at it, it's still technically a system (extremely overpriced too). Horst has built the experience and the intellectual know how to be successful at his trading. Let others enjoy this journal without the unnecessary negativity.

neilzep 
us

I feel bloated.

Closed Thread

Last Updated on April 11, 2011

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts