NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Horst's Trades

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one er2wizard with 87 posts (278 thanks)
    2. looks_two bluemele with 50 posts (50 thanks)
    3. looks_3 josh with 15 posts (16 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 14 posts (85 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 6.1 thanks per post
    2. looks_two er2wizard with 3.2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 RosDaBoss with 1.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 bluemele with 1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 91,549 views
    2. thumb_up 647 thanks given
    3. group 39 followers
    1. forum 326 posts
    2. attach_file 8 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

Horst's Trades

Silvester17 
Columbus, OH
Market Wizard

Experience: None
Platform: NT 8, TOS
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 5,139
Thanks Received: 11,527

I can see something a lot more powerful than MACDBB lines. really like those extra buttons on your charts. especially for the fib tools it would come handy.

would you mind sharing that nice tool?

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
Ninja Mobile Trader VPS (ninjamobiletrader.com)
Trading Reviews and Vendors
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
36 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
22 thanks
The Program
20 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
19 thanks
 Family Trader 
Palm Beach County

Experience: Advanced
Platform: OEC about to change to Ninja
Trading: ES ,EUR/USD
Thanks Given: 66
Thanks Received: 90

nverstop View Post
Don't feel like reading thread through but easy way to prove whether one is legit or not is to ...

Post trade idea, entry, stop loss before taking the trade. Therefore there is a realtime record of wins, losses, etc. Scaling or anything else like that should be thought out before the trade scenario occurs so that could be reported in realtime as well before taking the trade. Everything else is smoke and mirrors.

Problem solved.

It is not going to happen...not a hope in Holle...

But stay tuned...

Trader

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal

trendisyourfriend 
Quebec Canada
Market Wizard

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: AMP/CQG
Trading: ES, NQ, YM
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 4,171
Thanks Received: 6,018

Silvester17 View Post
I can see something a lot more powerful than MACDBB lines. really like those extra buttons on your charts. especially for the fib tools it would come handy.

would you mind sharing that nice tool?

Was your question directed to me ? If yes then i don't know what buttons you are talking about.

Silvester17 
Columbus, OH
Market Wizard

Platform: NT 8, TOS
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 5,139
Thanks Received: 11,527

trendisyourfriend View Post
Was your question directed to me ? If yes then i don't know what buttons you are talking about.

no, not to you. was asking horst about the chart buttons on his charts.

Family Trader 
Palm Beach County

aztrader9 View Post
You have a funny way of encouraging transparency. Insults and accusations are wonderful methods of getting what you want.

You call his system a "croc". Why? Is it because he paid for it? So what. It works. You think he's lying about trading live? So what, he's showing his trades via video. They work. That's enough. If they work on sim, they work live. You don't like his response to how he sizes his trades, so what, its his journal and he can respond how he likes. So far he's treated you with a measure of dignity, something which you have not afforded him.

There is a huge bias against paid systems here on the forum. This is partly due to the nature of the beast. Charging for something that may work for the creator seldom works for the student. One really must make the system their own before trusting live money to it. Otherwise you'll just jump around like so many others have done. Horst seems to have done that.

Leave the man alone already. He is not advocating others buy the system, he is not condemning others who do...(something you may wish to emulate) he is providing a clear visual of what successful trading is all about. Will everyone trade like him? Of course not. Just because he doesn't trade like you does not mean he's not successful. It means he's different. I suspect he's even different from you in the making money department as your comments smack of jealousy more than a serious attempt to understand.

If I had my way, I'd ban you today.

I have given some time and thought as how to respond to your well written post. My beachcomber friend has asked I refrain from using any emotions and simply state the facts. I will do just that.

Unfortunately, the content of your posting is not accurate .

I did not say the system was 'croc'....I suggested that using the reference of the system being "proprietary" is a 'croc'...could have used a better phrase though...

However, the reference to its "proprietary" nature had me curious. This is a line I have heard from vendors and 'educators' who are trying to sell a product.This is not something that you hear from educated traders who genuinely try to share information.

Cash management issues are VERY important to me as it took a long time for me to wake up in relation to being adequately funded to trade and survive. Therefore, I wanted to know how a good trader manages their trades and leverage.,etc.

Horst will not provide and for good reason and I will get to that later.

In the meantime, I have done some due diligence in relation to the student/promoter Horst Bauer.

On another forum Horst's profile indicated he is a vendor...'coach/trainer'....

Videos...

All the videos are directed to You Tube; not something that could be like a screen cast where it is private and can be displayed for futures.io (formerly BMT) exclusively.

So there is an interest on the "clicking side"....the more clicks on videos, the more popularity on You tube, more viewers, etc ...equate to promotion of a product.

In addition , there is another You Tube channel...https://www.you tube.com/user/NewFuturesTrading. The same intro music, same charts, same chart colors,same chart set ups etc

Precisely the same as Horst is using.

Horst's video actually appears on the New Futures site...both loaded up from the same source to different channels.

All the students are wunderkind ,all making profits..no losses...

The testimonials are hilarious on the New Futures Trading site where Horst was so excited he posted twice and stated that if he could, he "would name his first born after Henry"!!

There are a number of posts on other forums where Horst is promoting the New Futures Trading but under the name of Third Realm Institute....same individual, Henry Roche running both.

Third Realm in German translation is likely to upset some people...

References... http:// www.onlinetradersforum.com/showpost.php?p=543469&postcount=1

https://forex-scam.com/trading-systems/71666-third-realm-institute.html

Third Realm Institute

It is important that we undertake some due diligence when selecting vendors and brokers.

If I have offended anyone I would offer my apologies, but in lieu of the facts offered, may be we all ought to use a little more due diligence.

In conclusion, I will offer my unsolicited opinion that the Horst Trading journal is nothing but a blatant opportunity to promote the 'education services' of NewFutures Trading.

Trader

Take aim...fire!!!

Apologies for all the links not being available...I am not a techie, however will attempt straighten out the problem...in the meantime I can say the referred to are all available on Google...under NFT or Third Realm

PandaWarrior 
In the heat

Thanks Given: 6,329
Thanks Received: 13,404

Family Trader View Post
I have given some time and thought as how to respond to your well written post. My beachcomber friend has asked I refrain from using any emotions and simply state the facts. I will do just that.

Unfortunately, the content of your posting is not accurate .

I did not say the system was 'croc'....I suggested that using the reference of the system being "proprietary" is a 'croc'...could have used a better phrase though...

However, the reference to its "proprietary" nature had me curious. This is a line I have heard from vendors and 'educators' who are trying to sell a product.This is not something that you hear from educated traders who genuinely try to share information.

Cash management issues are VERY important to me as it took a long time for me to wake up in relation to being adequately funded to trade and survive. Therefore, I wanted to know how a good trader manages their trades and leverage.,etc.

Horst will not provide and for good reason and I will get to that later.

In the meantime, I have done some due diligence in relation to the student/promoter Horst Bauer.

On another forum Horst's profile indicated he is a vendor...'coach/trainer'....

Videos...

All the videos are directed to You Tube; not something that could be like a screen cast where it is private and can be displayed for futures.io (formerly BMT) exclusively.

So there is an interest on the "clicking side"....the more clicks on videos, the more popularity on You tube, more viewers, etc ...equate to promotion of a product.

In addition , there is another You Tube channel...https://www.you tube.com/user/NewFuturesTrading. The same intro music, same charts, same chart colors,same chart set ups etc

Precisely the same as Horst is using.

Horst's video actually appears on the New Futures site...both loaded up from the same source to different channels.

All the students are wunderkind ,all making profits..no losses...

The testimonials are hilarious on the New Futures Trading site where Horst was so excited he posted twice and stated that if he could, he "would name his first born after Henry"!!

There are a number of posts on other forums where Horst is promoting the New Futures Trading but under the name of Third Realm Institute....same individual, Henry Roche running both.

Third Realm in German translation is likely to upset some people...

References... http:// www.onlinetradersforum.com/showpost.php?p=543469&postcount=1

https://forex-scam.com/trading-systems/71666-third-realm-institute.html

Third Realm Institute

It is important that we undertake some due diligence when selecting vendors and brokers.

If I have offended anyone I would offer my apologies, but in lieu of the facts offered, may be we all ought to use a little more due diligence.

In conclusion, I will offer my unsolicited opinion that the Horst Trading journal is nothing but a blatant opportunity to promote the 'education services' of NewFutures Trading.

Trader

Take aim...fire!!!

Ok, this is the kind of thought provoking, researched and fact based opinion you should have written in the first place. He may in fact be a product placement scam, and if so, should be exposed as such.....if he is simply a student, then more power to him.....but at least this time through, you gave us something to think about and explore as opposed to just slamming him out of hand.

I take back my suggestion to ban you....

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication, Leonardo da Vinci

Most people chose unhappiness over uncertainty, Tim Ferris
Thanked by:
nverstop
Ohio

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 18

YouTube - New Futures Trading

Nuff said...

Family Trader 
Palm Beach County

aztrader9 View Post
Ok, this is the kind of thought provoking, researched and fact based opinion you should have written in the first place. He may in fact be a product placement scam, and if so, should be exposed as such.....if he is simply a student, then more power to him.....but at least this time through, you gave us something to think about and explore as opposed to just slamming him out of hand.

I take back my suggestion to ban you....

I had no idea who the hell Horst was ...I simply wanted to get an idea as to how he addressed the capital/leverage issues and of course,recovery of the cost of education. They were not 'gotcha ' questions and I was surprised nobody had thought to ask.

It would have benefitted a lot of traders who may have considered taking that route.

There is a lot more out there in internet land, but I have made my point.

Case closed.

Trader

Private Banker 
La Jolla, CA

Experience: Master
Platform: Sierra Chart, X_Trader Pro, OptionsCity
Broker: Advantage, Trading Technologies, OptionsCity, IQ Feed
Trading: CL, NG
Thanks Given: 1,713
Thanks Received: 3,863

trendisyourfriend View Post
People underestimate the power of the MACDBB lines.

Good day all and sorry i could not resist

Thanks! I use the MACD as well and have been using it from day 1. I agree, it's an excellent tool to use provided you're using it correctly. The added BB's are somewhat newer I guess but look very interesting and have been using them since Fat Tails brought his version on board. From reading my previous post here, I want to make it a point that I wasn't questioning anyone's methods. I think using MACD BB's combined with Fib levels can certainly work very well. But nothing is perfect which prompted me to learn more about the trading results with there being no losses. Maybe I missed one or something. I respect everyone's trading methods and appreciate seeing how they utilize different tools successfully.

I just think if you're going to post monthly gains, why not be more analytical about it providing trading stats such as points gained per trade, average winners vs. losers, max draw down vs. max gain, etc. I think it would also be helpful to provide some sort of trade blotter which includes time stamps, order ID's, etc. I'm sure all of those items can be faked but it would be one hell of a process to go through mocking it all up but who knows with technology these days. I would assume that if no further evidence can be presented, we will remain skeptical on the results (not the method of course).

Cheers,
PB

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: ATC/TT, AMP/Zen-Fire, AMP/CQG
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 3,803
Thanks Received: 2,842

Silvester17 View Post
no, not to you. was asking horst about the chart buttons on his charts.

Those buttons were developed by a student of NFT and hence the property of such, etc... He won't even share them w/ me.

Closed Thread

Last Updated on April 11, 2011

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts