NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Horst's Trades

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one er2wizard with 87 posts (278 thanks)
    2. looks_two bluemele with 50 posts (50 thanks)
    3. looks_3 josh with 15 posts (16 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 14 posts (85 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 6.1 thanks per post
    2. looks_two er2wizard with 3.2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 RosDaBoss with 1.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 bluemele with 1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 91,549 views
    2. thumb_up 647 thanks given
    3. group 39 followers
    1. forum 326 posts
    2. attach_file 8 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

Horst's Trades

Jeff Castille 
Northern California

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninja Trader
Broker: Amp Futures/ Zen-Fire
Trading: YM and CL
Thanks Given: 1,783
Thanks Received: 3,303

tickvix View Post
Thank you Bluemele for taking your time to reply to my question!!! Your answer was full of information I was looking for. Moreover thank you for suggestion to read more posts.
On the other hand if I was looking for an answer from you I would have asked you my question directly and not via Hurst. But as I recall I did not have your name mentioned anywhere in my request. But thank you!!!
After my review of the post I continue to seek an answer to my original question if not to much trouble.
In case it is not possible to get an answer because information is proprietary there is no problem. Once again Hurst thank you for your videos and commentary.

Regards

TickVix/Gregory

Hi Gregory,

From my reading of the thread.....Horst is a student with New Futures Trading..... New Futures Trading - A way of life...

Ask for Henry.

Jeff

Follow me on Twitter
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
18 thanks
The Program
18 thanks

er2wizard 
Chicago Burbs

Experience: Master
Platform: NT, TS
Trading: TF, 6E, SI, CL, FDAX, ZN, ES
Thanks Given: 119
Thanks Received: 305

tickvix View Post
Thank you Bluemele for taking your time to reply to my question!!! Your answer was full of information I was looking for. Moreover thank you for suggestion to read more posts.
On the other hand if I was looking for an answer from you I would have asked you my question directly and not via Hurst. But as I recall I did not have your name mentioned anywhere in my request. But thank you!!!
After my review of the post I continue to seek an answer to my original question if not to much trouble.
In case it is not possible to get an answer because information is proprietary there is no problem. Once again Hurst thank you for your videos and commentary.

Regards

TickVix/Gregory

Thanks for your question Gregory. Bluemele is a fellow student of mine and he just happened to see your post before I got a chance to see it. He answered to the best of his ability given the circumstances. We are not here to advertise our mentor, as it is highly frowned upon by forum policy. You will find that if you go back in my journal, the answers you are seeking are not difficult to find. There is also a thread in the vendors section covering your same questions. Hope you understand.....

Horst

“The more I am around people, the more I love my dogs.” ~Author Unknown
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread
Thanked by:

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: ATC/TT, AMP/Zen-Fire, AMP/CQG
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 3,803
Thanks Received: 2,842

tickvix View Post

Regards

TickVix/Gregory

Sorry to offend. Very passionate reply.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
Thanked by:

er2wizard 
Chicago Burbs

Didn't trade today. Started up my main PC and NOTHING.....It wold run but the fan didn't sound right and I could not get to the start up screen.......Needless to say I was elbow deep in PC inards for the last 3 hrs......finally got her running after fearing the worst. I couldn't diagnose the problem because I had no working monitors. Started with the video cards and pulled them out one at a time and re-seated them.....still nothing......swapped ports ...still nothing.... swapped with different video cards that I knew worked......still nothing........pulled memory cards and re-seated them.....nothing......finally asked my friend Google.......he replied "disconnect power cord and push and hold in start button on front of PC for 15 seconds, then plug back in and start as normal".........and........VIOLA

Finally got her back together with a pulse and heartbeat, and NO parts left over so I should be all set to go for tomorrow.....

Thanked by:

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: ATC/TT, AMP/Zen-Fire, AMP/CQG
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 3,803
Thanks Received: 2,842

Well, considering how many screens you are running, it sounds like the thing probably went on strike. I think it may want part of your profits and you may need to hire a Union Negotiator for some Collective Bargaining issues......

Walmart would disconnect this computer and throw it in the trash before it contaminates the other PC's.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
Thanked by:

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,172
Thanks Received: 101,537

This can happen with power surges or brown outs.

It sounds like your PC is not on a UPS. If that is the case, I recommend buying a UPS. You can go to newegg.com and look at CyberPower as a good brand, I've got about 6 of them in my house, mostly the 1000-1400VA variety, have used them for many years and always been happy.

But I am in Texas and we often have bad thunderstorms which can cause surges or power loss for a few minutes. I have all computers on a UPS, modem/routers/wifi, all AV theater equipment and big tv, etc.

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
Thanked by:

er2wizard 
Chicago Burbs

Big Mike View Post
This can happen with power surges or brown outs.

It sounds like your PC is not on a UPS. If that is the case, I recommend buying a UPS. You can go to newegg.com and look at CyberPower as a good brand, I've got about 6 of them in my house, mostly the 1000-1400VA variety, have used them for many years and always been happy.

But I am in Texas and we often have bad thunderstorms which can cause surges or power loss for a few minutes. I have all computers on a UPS, modem/routers/wifi, all AV theater equipment and big tv, etc.

Mike

WOW...funny you should say that Mike. About a month ago my UPS for that PC started beeping constantly. So instead of replacing the battery I unpluged my PC from there and went direct with the, "yeah I'll do it tomorrow excuse". I guess tomorrow is here. Thanks for the tip....... Replacement battery has been ordered......

tickvix 
USA

Platform: Infinity
Broker: Infinity
Trading: ES, Euro
Thanks Given: 137
Thanks Received: 157

Jeff Castille View Post
Hi Gregory,

From my reading of the thread.....Horst is a student with New Futures Trading..... New Futures Trading - A way of life...

Ask for Henry.

Jeff

Hi Jeff

Thank you for posting. I saw the link but I did not pay attention. I for one reason or the other though Hurst had some one other then NFT. My bad.
Once more thank you for posting and to Hurst for recording and placing all on the forum. It is great to know that people like you and Hurst are making it in this business.
There is a light in front of the tunnel after all

Thank you
Gregory

Thanked by:

er2wizard 
Chicago Burbs

Ok, I'm finally back in the saddle again. I traded the TF this morning at the open. Watched as 2 points just slipped through my hands for a break even. Watched the video and definitely should have covered 1/2 at the top rather than letting it come all the way back down. One gift, one break even and a total of 3 nuggets.

KySt 
Accokeek, USA

Platform: NT & TOS
Trading: ES RUT
Thanks Given: 17
Thanks Received: 24

Good day Horst,

I thought it was you. I'm visiting your place, say these trades.
I'm new here, so couldn't send you a message.
If your time is good I'd appreciate an email.
Thank you for your posts and time!
Best regards, Ky

Closed Thread

Last Updated on April 11, 2011

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts