NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Phoenix

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Phoenixrising8 with 75 posts (43 thanks)
    2. looks_two ThatManFromTexas with 7 posts (3 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 4 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 redratsal with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    1. trending_up 14,888 views
    2. thumb_up 47 thanks given
    3. group 4 followers
    1. forum 90 posts
    2. attach_file 71 attachments

Search this Thread

Phoenix

Anagami 
Cancun, Mexico
Legendary Market Hustler

Experience: Advanced
Trading: MES
Thanks Given: 707
Thanks Received: 2,300

Phoenixrising8 View Post

"Adapt or Die". Said the Cockroach to the Dinosaur.

That's why all systems die sooner or later... the only exception being a system that is capable of evolving along with the market. Have yet to see one... though not impossible.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
29 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
25 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
23 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
17 thanks
Phoenixrising8
Staines Surrey England

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 43

No trades today. Busy with other matters I'm afraid.

mattz   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 2,441
Thanks Received: 3,791

Anagami View Post
That's why all systems die sooner or later... the only exception being a system that is capable of evolving along with the market. Have yet to see one... though not impossible.

Traders give up on their system much faster than the market "breaks" it or it "dies", IMHO.

Trading futures and options involves substantial risk of loss and is not suitable for all investors. Past performance is not necessarily indicative of future results. You may lose more than your initial investment. All posts are opinions and do not claim to be facts. Please conduct your own due diligence. Use only Risk capital when trading Futures.
1 800 771 6748 local 561 367 8686 email [email protected]
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Phoenixrising8
Staines Surrey England

Mad short into the weekend.

Next week I'm getting the crazy idea of doing exactly the opposite of what I should do!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mad_short.png
Views:	122
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	34949  
Phoenixrising8
Staines Surrey England

Well, this is the fri close.

Unsure what I'll do with it yet. Let it run or close it.

Suppose will have to see what the open brings.

As for the doing the opposite of what I should do next week. I don't know if I'll be able to do it. I'm getting nervous now just thinking about it. But given that a lot of my trades go minus before going into profit. It could turn into a nice scalping system. Mmmm.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	fri_close_001.png
Views:	111
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	35121  
Phoenixrising8
Staines Surrey England

Think I'll just leave this running for a while.

Although it looks like it could have bottomed on the 4 hr chart. (Right one). We see what it does.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	mon_close.png
Views:	104
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	35243  
Phoenixrising8
Staines Surrey England

Looked like it was going to stall so came out yesterday. Have just now reversed and gone long with hopefull intent to hold it for a while and push it where I can.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	push_it.png
Views:	95
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	35458  
Phoenixrising8
Staines Surrey England

While I am on, just wana pass on a little tip.
You must have heard the saying 'Always read the small print'. Yes?

Well, how would you like a 99% tip off about a trading move that is almost certainly about to happen?

Yes?

Okay then.

Now this is not for forex trading. Although in reality it could happen in the future.
My in box gets stuffed with all sorts of crap on a daily basis, as I'm sure yours does.

Penny Shares.

Whoa! stop holding your hands up to the screen with first fingers formed in the shape of a cross. I'm not Dracula!

If you have been trading for any longer than 5 minutes, you will know that penny shares apart from the odd few are best avoided because of liquidity problems. ie. You have just bought 50,000 shares in xyz. Price goes up and you want to sell... But price has only gone up because some silly sod has just bought 50,000 shares and suddenly become the main share holder of the entire company! And there is NO ONE to take those shares off you. You have to hold them.

Thank the Lord for those penny share e mails though. Despite having got you into a very; shall we say 'difficult' situation. You can use the very same service to turn the tables.

READ THE SMALL PRINT!

The attached screen shot is from a email that landed in the in box today. Pay particular attention to the highlighted bits.
I really love your American disclosure laws!!!

This e mail is telling you to sit up and pay attention to follow this penny stock closely!
But you don't buy the bloody thing. You watch and wait... Then sell the arse off it!

Now the actual mechanics of the this will be the difficult part. Over here in cold wet England, we have spread betting. Which apparently. the main readers of this. You Yanks can't have.
So us Brits/Pomms/arseoles. Call us what you like. You generally do anyway;
Get the 'A' listed shares but for a 'D' listed share to pop up is very,very, very rare. Which makes this strat. virtually unworkable from this end.

But you have the problem of not being able to 'spreadbet' shares in any case.
So you have to find a solution to the 'problem'
Buying them is no problem. Selling them could be!
Liquidity! That is the problem.

In the old days, those with a few bob behind them use to get the banks to 'front' them the money to 'short' the stock.
But this was generally 1st or 2nd class stocks.

Penny shares stocks (Cough, spit) were a no no.
NOTE I am not talking about holding the ****tards for 5 years or so.

You know the problem of 'Bucket shops' over there.
Jesse Livermore had to contend with them in his day. And he beat them very often. Rules change though. They move the goal posts. This is about staying one step in front for a short while.
You have to find a way to short these sure fire winners at the right time.

Read the attached highlighted portions. It's like a hammer to the head moment. once you thing about it for a few seconds.
Hindsight is Always 20/20

Entrepreneur magazine recently included the following new “jargon” in their March 2011 edition, essentially implying that Groupon made a critical error in judgment.

Losing your Coupons
Definition: Making a bad business decision--or what looks to everyone else like a bad business decision. Inspired by Groupon's now-legendary rejection of Google's buyout offer.

Usage: "You turned down $6 billion. From Google. Have you lost your coupons?"

If You Only Knew Then What You Know Now...

With many sources now valuing a Groupon IPO at greater than $20 BILLION dollars, the $6 billion brush off now seems a stroke of genius. $6 billion would have been a slam dunk, lock-the-door-while-the-ink-dries kind of a bargain for Google. Oh what might have been? LivingSocial? Amazon opens the checkbook for a sliver of the “me too” player to the tune of nearly a quarter of a billion dollars. What’s the next home run opportunity?

This incredible valuation in the sector is what prompts this email today. AGOE today announced a letter of intent to acquire social buying site grazy.com. Leveraging the grazy.com brand, with an industry icon at the helm, almost seems like a ‘no-brainer’. With a market cap of less than $10 million dollars, the downside seems to be limited. The company has kept every commitment to its shareholders and genuinely seems interested in building value. With a reasonable valuation, veteran leadership, and a very small public float, AGOE just seems to make sense.

Have we all missed opportunities like this one in the past? Yes. But this is now, so take a moment, do some research, run the numbers, and answer the question that matters right now:

When it Comes to AGOE, Can You Afford NOT to play?Legal Disclaimer:

This newsletter is a paid advertisement and is neither an offer nor recommendation to buy or sell any security. We hold no investment licenses and are thus neither licensed nor qualified to provide investment advice. The content in this report or email is not provided to any individual with a view toward their individual circumstances. This newsletter is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Outstanding Investments, Inc. Outstanding Investments, Inc has received fifteen thousand dollars from a third party for research and an awareness campaign. Any future email regarding a specific company will be the result of an advertising and promotional campaign for which Outstanding Investments, Inc receives compensation. This compensation constitutes a conflict of interest as to our ability to remain objective in our communication regarding the profiled company. Because of this conflict, individuals are strongly encouraged to not use this newsletter as the basis for any investment decision. Outstanding Investments, Inc and its affiliates currently hold no shares in the profiled company.

While all information is believed to be reliable, it is not guaranteed by us to be accurate. Individuals should assume that all information contained in our newsletter is not trustworthy unless verified by their own independent research. Also, because events and circumstances frequently do not occur as expected, there will likely be differences between the any predictions and actual results. Always consult a real licensed investment professional before making any investment decision. Be extremely careful, investing in securities carries a high degree of risk; you may likely lose some or all of the investment.

Phoenixrising8
Staines Surrey England

Nope. I can't do it.

I can't bring myself do do the opposite of how I trade. Even though a lot of my trades go into negative ground before turning right.
It's supposed to be hard to lose money on purpose. I know it all too easy to lose money when you are trying to make it!

Go on. You try it. Make sure it's a demo account though. For gawd sake don't try to lose real money by trading that way.

Decided instead to do some correlation trading.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	corr_1.png
Views:	104
Size:	129.1 KB
ID:	35503  
Phoenixrising8
Staines Surrey England

Well, having more than one egg in your basket pays off.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	cor_pay.png
Views:	99
Size:	116.8 KB
ID:	35555  

Last Updated on April 1, 2011

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts