NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

My path of becoming a trader

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one kingich with 91 posts (61 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 5 posts (6 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Robertczeko with 2 posts (1 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Eric j with 2 posts (1 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 1.2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two diane21 with 1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 kingich with 0.7 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Eric j with 0.5 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 18,799 views
    2. thumb_up 71 thanks given
    3. group 5 followers
    1. forum 102 posts
    2. attach_file 129 attachments

Search this Thread

My path of becoming a trader

kingich 
Zagreb, Croatia, Europe

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Dukascopy
Broker: Dukascopy SA
Trading: forex
Thanks Given: 55
Thanks Received: 71

Short EURAUD @ 1.42326, SL 1.43700 (137 pips), TP 1.39700 (263 pips)

Pair is out of 800 top bollinger band. It also totally missed it's weekly pivot. It broke 3rd up trend phase. Exhaustion is possible.

The markets are non-linear, dynamic systems. Chaos analysis has determined that market prices are highly random with a trend component. The amount of the trend component varies from market to market and from time frame to time frame.

Manus J. Donahue III
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	euraud.gif
Views:	150
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	34390  
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
What broker to use for trading palladium futures
Commodities
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle

kingich 
Zagreb, Croatia, Europe

kingich View Post

Pair is out of 800 top bollinger band. It also totally missed it's weekly pivot. It broke 3rd up trend phase. Exhaustion is possible.

I'm sitting in +160 pips of open profit, and cannot change my orders, move stop loss to BE or close it :-) Have to leave it to trading gods :-)

Good luck to you all,

ivan

The markets are non-linear, dynamic systems. Chaos analysis has determined that market prices are highly random with a trend component. The amount of the trend component varies from market to market and from time frame to time frame.

Manus J. Donahue III
 kingich 
Zagreb, Croatia, Europe

Debating now if I should close the position or not, I'm targeting some more pips.

Let's see....

Manus J. Donahue III
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	euraud.gif
Views:	132
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	34436  
 kingich 
Zagreb, Croatia, Europe

One of the trades I've mentioned last week, but haven't entered is AUDUSD.

Just for the record I'm posting a chart, clear take profit would have been there. Ok, now I already have one AUD long position, so it doesn't matter! But generally, I'm kind a long aud on all pairs. Think it's a strong economy fundamental, but also technical reasons behind are there.

Manus J. Donahue III
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	audusd.gif
Views:	133
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	34478  
 kingich 
Zagreb, Croatia, Europe

kingich View Post

Exit the trade + 185 pips. Don't like holding it more then 3 days. It's sitting on 100 SMA now.

EURUSD is @ major monthly resistance line. I've taken some shorts @ 1.4230 but haven't posted charts upfront, so that doesn't count here. My thoughts are building the position and running it till 1.30.

Manus J. Donahue III
Thanked by:
 kingich 
Zagreb, Croatia, Europe

Hi traders,

Looks like I could squeeze more pips from my EURAUD trade, but thats past now.

My EUR/USD short is going good. Lately, I have been studying harmonics patterns, and I'm seeing a bearish butterfly on the EUR/USD 4h chart. Combined with that monthly resistance downtrend it adds some more certainty for my trade. Only thing that I'm afraid is getting stopped out by a spike.

When it comes to major resistance, there are two types of traders. One take a short position at the resistance point, others have pending buy orders above the resistance, as they want the catch the great momentum on the breakout move. With the price spiking up through the resistance, both traders would be stopped out, and the market will continue it's way....

Wish you lots of pips/ ticks

ivan

Manus J. Donahue III
 kingich 
Zagreb, Croatia, Europe

This week has been lack of my favorite 4h setups.

I'm running short EUR/USD, considering to build my position, so all my resources are into that, so I'm not taking new positions so far.

Good luck,

ivan

Manus J. Donahue III
Thanked by:
 kingich 
Zagreb, Croatia, Europe

I'm aware of the fact that everybody at this moment is long EUR/USD, and trying to buy on dips, but I cannot resist myself. I'm short bias.

Manus J. Donahue III
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	pic14008-737701.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	229.5 KB
ID:	34950  
 kingich 
Zagreb, Croatia, Europe

Weeee! Have some time for longer term analysis. Posts comming soon! Enjoy your weekends!

Manus J. Donahue III
 kingich 
Zagreb, Croatia, Europe

These positions I intend to be longer term. Generally, these pairs are the extreme in terms of interest rate differentials, and carry most rollover profits.

I've decided to build a position from small to larger one, trading the extremes where rollover and the price (hopefully) go in my favor.

With AUD/CHF I see some resistance too close to my entry price, so I think my choice is going to be AUD/JPY.

This is purely long term channel trading.

Manus J. Donahue III
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	audjpy.gif
Views:	131
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	35048   Click image for larger version

Name:	audchf.gif
Views:	128
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	35049  

Last Updated on May 2, 2012

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts