NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

My path of becoming a trader

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one kingich with 91 posts (61 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 5 posts (6 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Robertczeko with 2 posts (1 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Eric j with 2 posts (1 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 1.2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Bermudan Option with 1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 kingich with 0.7 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Robertczeko with 0.5 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 18,781 views
    2. thumb_up 71 thanks given
    3. group 5 followers
    1. forum 102 posts
    2. attach_file 129 attachments

Search this Thread

My path of becoming a trader

kingich 
Zagreb, Croatia, Europe

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Dukascopy
Broker: Dukascopy SA
Trading: forex
Thanks Given: 55
Thanks Received: 71

This pair is giving me trouble now.

It's also going south, constantly. Now I've been a prophet searching for reversals.

On the daily, and weekly (longer period MACD histogram), it's been showing signs of bullish divergence.

From the pivot point of view, you can see that he totally missed last two pivot points. I mean, it's not something usual, as every pair almost all the time at least touches it's daily pivot, not to mention spend some time around it.

I would like to see him going north, so I can say I told you so :-)

No exact entry point also, just an observation.

The markets are non-linear, dynamic systems. Chaos analysis has determined that market prices are highly random with a trend component. The amount of the trend component varies from market to market and from time frame to time frame.

Manus J. Donahue III
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	usdcad_daily.gif
Views:	205
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	31993   Click image for larger version

Name:	usdcad_vortex.gif
Views:	213
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	31994  
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
NexusFi Journal Challenge - May 2024
Feedback and Announcements

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
45 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
31 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
24 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks
 kingich 
Zagreb, Croatia, Europe

Good evening boys and girls,

I feel a bit frustrated, as I haven't took that GBPCHF position I was talking about, haven't thought it would develop so quick, and there has been lots of movement in the market for a Monday. I guess lots of news data, this week are NFP, so it's positioning of the big.

I've gone long now USDCHF, @ 0,9290, SL 0,9210, TP 0,9450.

I'll do some charting and analysis, and hopefully come up with some new stuff.

Cheers,

ivan

The markets are non-linear, dynamic systems. Chaos analysis has determined that market prices are highly random with a trend component. The amount of the trend component varies from market to market and from time frame to time frame.

Manus J. Donahue III
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	gbpchf.gif
Views:	200
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	32089   Click image for larger version

Name:	gbpjpy.gif
Views:	193
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	32090   Click image for larger version

Name:	usdchf.gif
Views:	200
ID:	32091  
Thanked by:
 kingich 
Zagreb, Croatia, Europe

Short position on EUR/USD, @ 1,38, SL 1,39, TP 1,3650

There's no much explanation here, it's just my personal view. Divergence and return to the 50-100 MA's on 4h, ranging bollinger band trade on the daily

Manus J. Donahue III
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	eurusd.gif
Views:	194
ID:	32107   Click image for larger version

Name:	eurusd_daily.gif
Views:	190
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	32108  
 kingich 
Zagreb, Croatia, Europe

Keep Watering Your Bamboo TreeEric Aronson

In the Far East, there is a tree called the Chinese bamboo tree. This remarkable tree is different from most trees in that it doesn’t grow in the usual fashion. While most trees grow steadily over a period of years, the Chinese bamboo tree doesn’t break through the ground for the first four years. Then, in the fifth year, an amazing thing happens – the tree begins to grow at an astonishing rate. In fact, in a period of just five weeks, a Chinese bamboo tree can grow to a height of 90 feet. It’s almost as if you can actually see the tree growing before your very eyes.
Well, I’m convinced that life often works in a similar way. You can work for weeks, months and even years on your dream with no visible signs of progress and then, all of the sudden, things take off. Your business becomes profitable beyond your wildest dreams. Your marriage becomes more vibrant and passionate than you ever thought it could be. Your contribution to your church, social organization and community becomes more significant than you have ever imagined.
Yet, all of this requires one thing – faith. The growers of the Chinese bamboo tree have faith that if they keep watering and fertilizing the ground, the tree will break through. Well, you must have the same kind of faith in your bamboo tree, whether it is to run a successful business, win a Pulitzer Prize, raise well-adjusted children, or what have you. You must have faith that if you keep making the calls, honing your craft, reading to your children, reaching out to your spouse or asking for donations, that you too will see rapid growth in the future.
This is the hard part for most of us. We get so excited about the idea that’s been planted inside of us that we simply can’t wait for it to blossom. Therefore, within days or weeks of the initial planting, we become discouraged and begin to second guess ourselves.
Sometimes, in our doubt, we dig up our seed and plant it elsewhere, in hopes that it will quickly rise in more fertile ground. We see this very often in people who change jobs every year or so. We also see it in people who change churches, organizations and even spouses in the pursuit of greener pastures. More often than not, these people are greatly disappointed when their tree doesn’t grow any faster in the new location.
Other times, people will water the ground for a time but then, quickly become discouraged. They start to wonder if it’s worth all of the effort. This is particularly true when they see their neighbors having success with other trees. They start to think, “What am I doing trying to grow a bamboo tree? If I had planted a lemon tree, I’d have a few lemons by now.” These are the people who return to their old jobs and their old ways. They walk away from their dream in exchange for a “sure thing.”
Sadly, what they fail to realize is that pursuing your dream is a sure thing if you just don’t give up. So long as you keep watering and fertilizing your dream, it will come to fruition. It may take weeks. It may take months. It may even take years, but eventually, the roots will take hold and your tree will grow. And when it does, it will grow in remarkable ways.
We’ve seen this happen so many times. Henry Ford had to water his bamboo tree through five business failures before he finally succeeded with the Ford Motor Company. Richard Hooker had to water his bamboo tree for seven years and through 21 rejections by publishers until his humorous war novel, M*A*S*H became a runaway bestseller, spawning a movie and one of the longest-running television series of all-time. Another great bamboo grower was the legendary jockey Eddie Arcaro. Arcaro lost his first 250 races as a jockey before going on to win 17 Triple Crown races and 554 stakes races for total purse earnings of more than $30 million.
Well, you have a bamboo tree inside of you just waiting to break through. So keep watering and believing and you too will be flying high before you know it.

found it on: S&P Trader Education

Manus J. Donahue III
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	03_bambootree.png
Views:	195
Size:	170.8 KB
ID:	32173  
 kingich 
Zagreb, Croatia, Europe

I've opened a short position on AUDUSD @ 1,0185, SL 1,0220, TP 1,0090.

Strategy is the same I've used before, looking for a retracement, as momentum has been downwards on MACD and also a little bearish divergence at sight.

On the daily, looks like 1,02 has been good resistance so far.

Manus J. Donahue III
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	audusd_daily.png
Views:	216
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	32182   Click image for larger version

Name:	audusd.png
Views:	189
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	32184  
 kingich 
Zagreb, Croatia, Europe

Good evening my trading friends,

I've decided to go long EURCHF, it's resting on a support trendline, on a daily chart, just got out of the sell zone between 1-2 SD of lower bollinger bands, and also showing some divergences on the 4h chart, with MACD histogram increasing.

Let's see...

Now I have enough of the positions open, and can sit and watch the development. Good luck to you all,

ivan

P.S.

I could write some levels though, so entry is @ 1,2803, SL 1,27 TP 1,2950

Manus J. Donahue III
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	eurchf4h.gif
Views:	185
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	32275   Click image for larger version

Name:	eurchf.gif
Views:	201
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	32276  
Thanked by:
 kingich 
Zagreb, Croatia, Europe

kingich View Post
I've opened a short position on AUDUSD @ 1,0185, SL 1,0220, TP 1,0090.

Strategy is the same I've used before, looking for a retracement, as momentum has been downwards on MACD and also a little bearish divergence at sight.

On the daily, looks like 1,02 has been good resistance so far.

Profit target hit, + 95 pips

Manus J. Donahue III
 kingich 
Zagreb, Croatia, Europe

kingich View Post
Good evening boys and girls,

I feel a bit frustrated, as I haven't took that GBPCHF position I was talking about, haven't thought it would develop so quick, and there has been lots of movement in the market for a Monday. I guess lots of news data, this week are NFP, so it's positioning of the big.

I've gone long now USDCHF, @ 0,9290, SL 0,9210, TP 0,9450.

I'll do some charting and analysis, and hopefully come up with some new stuff.

Cheers,

ivan

Stopped out, - 80 pips.

I've entered long again @ 0,9236, SL 0,9190, TP 0,9450.

Manus J. Donahue III
 kingich 
Zagreb, Croatia, Europe

kingich View Post
Good evening my trading friends,

I've decided to go long EURCHF, it's resting on a support trendline, on a daily chart, just got out of the sell zone between 1-2 SD of lower bollinger bands, and also showing some divergences on the 4h chart, with MACD histogram increasing.

Let's see...

Now I have enough of the positions open, and can sit and watch the development. Good luck to you all,

ivan

P.S.

I could write some levels though, so entry is @ 1,2803, SL 1,27 TP 1,2950

CLOSED + 147 pips.

Manus J. Donahue III
Thanked by:
 kingich 
Zagreb, Croatia, Europe

kingich View Post
Short position on EUR/USD, @ 1,38, SL 1,39, TP 1,3650

There's no much explanation here, it's just my personal view. Divergence and return to the 50-100 MA's on 4h, ranging bollinger band trade on the daily

- 100 there

Manus J. Donahue III
Thanked by:

Last Updated on May 2, 2012

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts