NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

KMidas trading jurnal

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one kmidas with 19 posts (19 thanks)
    2. looks_two Eric j with 1 posts (1 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 1 posts (1 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Quick Summary with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    1. trending_up 4,791 views
    2. thumb_up 21 thanks given
    3. group 3 followers
    1. forum 21 posts
    2. attach_file 36 attachments

Search this Thread

KMidas trading jurnal

kmidas
Greece

Thanks Given: 8
Thanks Received: 26

Thanks Mike for the encouraging words. I hope I found finally something that works for me and I hope I will be able to keep it going.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Quant vue
Trading Reviews and Vendors
What broker to use for trading palladium futures
Commodities
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs

kmidas
Greece

I woke up this morning and watched in horror half of yesterday profits gone. I had doubts about my target. What if my target was overoptimistic? What if that was all the move could give and now is turning around? After all it is going up in an area full of traffic. I considered closing it right there and take whatever was left. But then again that wasn't part of the plan. Also the bars that were standing out didn't make any lower lows, on the contrary the lows were providing support. Finally I had already moved my stop so I was risking less than 2%. So I didn't close the position and left to work.

The whole day at work I was thinking that my stop would be hit and I would have taken a loss. When I came back home I looked at the charts to see my tp achieved and the price much higher.

Profit 80 pips

After trade thoughts: I feel somehow lucky with this trade. Indeed I acted according to the plan, I think I did a good analysis with the little knowledge I have so far. But still I think I was overoptimistic with it. Indeed I had doubts if the target should be so high and the traffic on the left side was too dense and too close. On the other side now I am a bit sad about all the money I left on the table. Oh well. All that matters is that I traded well and I made my equity curve a bit greener.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	euraud1hpnf.gif
Views:	227
Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	31567   Click image for larger version

Name:	euraud1h (2).gif
Views:	192
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	31576  
Thanked by:
kmidas
Greece

28 Feb
AUDCAD is in a uptrend in daily but it is stuck in a trading range around parity. That range forms a diamond pattern and since we are in a uptrend my best bet is the continuation of the trend. In the Point and Figure chart we have a possible multiple top breakout.

Long @0.998
Stop @ 0.992
TP @ 1.009

It opened with a gap down and we are trading into a high traffic.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	audcad1d.gif
Views:	205
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	31997   Click image for larger version

Name:	audcad1h.gif
Views:	203
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	31998   Click image for larger version

Name:	audcad1hpnf.gif
Views:	197
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	31999  
kmidas
Greece

28 Feb
The chart now has turned bearish. It was not activated but the price moved several times under the stop loss. So I canceled it.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	audcad1hpnf.gif
Views:	234
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	32068  
kmidas
Greece

1 March
I was hopping to catch a nice move in NZDUSD. In the daily it is still bullish but the last major swing high is lower than the previous. Now that I watch that chart again it looks more like a double top (Adam and Eve). A small double top but still enough to avoid being bullish. From the point and figure perspective it seemed that we were in a downtrend but we had a bottoming formation with higher lows and higher highs. I tried to catch a reversal but it seems that this trade will not be activated also. I am canceling it.

NZDUSD
Buy @0.75700
TP @0.76300
Stop @0.7500

After trade thoughts: I should avoid making trading decisions when I am tired. I should not be in a hurry when I trade. CONCENTRATE ON THE BUSINESS.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	nzdusd1d.gif
Views:	191
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	32258   Click image for larger version

Name:	nzdusd1h.gif
Views:	198
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	32259   Click image for larger version

Name:	nzdusd1hpnf.gif
Views:	200
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	32260  
Thanked by:
kmidas
Greece

2 March

GBPCHF in the daily is in a downtrend. In the Point and figure we had the breach of multiple lows and the breach of the up trendline.

Short @1.50996
TP @1.49500
Stop @1.51500

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	gbpchf1d.gif
Views:	195
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	32424   Click image for larger version

Name:	gbpchf1hpnf.gif
Views:	191
Size:	79.0 KB
ID:	32425  
Thanked by:
kmidas
Greece

3 March

USDNOK
This trade is entered with different criteria. The pair is in downtrend, the previous day ended with a bearish outside bar and the ADX(14) is rising. The rising ADX is the reason I choose this pair versus USDDKK. Freom the point and figure perspective we have a bearish chart with double bottom sell signal.

For some reason Metatrader became really stubborn and didn't leave me to enter a pending order where I wanted to. The price broke before my sell stop anyway and now is retracing so I entered a "Instant execution" order and now I am in.

Sell @5.54434
Stop @5.56210
TP @5.5 (if I am lucky enough to put that with that bad connection to the Alpari servers)

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	usdnok1d.gif
Views:	188
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	32442   Click image for larger version

Name:	usdnok1hpnf.gif
Views:	194
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	32443  
kmidas
Greece

3 March

The USDNOK and the GBPCHF trades ended in disaster. They brought my account back to break even. In the case of the USDNOK trade I think I deserved the loss because I didn't trade as I had to. I didn't wait for the break but I chased the trade. In the case of GBPCHF I think I made the classic mistake of traffic vs space. I am a little disheartened from the trades so far. It seems that these two last weeks I can't find any decent trades to take. And even if I take any they end as losers. Maybe I have to reconsider somehow my strategy.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	gbpchf1h.gif
Views:	197
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	32543   Click image for larger version

Name:	gbpchf1hpnf.gif
Views:	188
Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	32544   Click image for larger version

Name:	usdnok1h.gif
Views:	201
Size:	24.6 KB
ID:	32545   Click image for larger version

Name:	usdnok1hpnf.gif
Views:	215
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	32546  
Thanked by:
kmidas
Greece

4 March.
Today is Friday. I work during the day so I make trading decisions in the evening. The market is about to close in few hours and I don't want to leave pending positions all the weekend. So no trades today.

kmidas
Greece

7 March

It seems that I had a pending order open after all in the CHFJPY which I totally forgot. I saw today that this order had been activated, had a profit and now is loosing. The pair is in a uptrend anyway so I am not closing it manually.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	chfjpy1d.gif
Views:	210
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	32945   Click image for larger version

Name:	chfjpy1hpnf.gif
Views:	210
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	32946  
Thanked by:

Last Updated on March 8, 2011

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts