NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

eminipivottrading.com

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one SunTzuTrader with 6 posts (16 thanks)
    2. looks_two researcher247 with 4 posts (0 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Ben16JP2 with 4 posts (1 thanks)
    4. looks_4 snowbird123 with 4 posts (0 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Fat Tails with 9 thanks per post
    2. looks_two tradermark2009 with 4.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 rptrader with 3.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 SunTzuTrader with 2.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 33,641 views
    2. thumb_up 79 thanks given
    3. group 19 followers
    1. forum 53 posts
    2. attach_file 3 attachments

Search this Thread

eminipivottrading.com

SunTzuTrader 
South, USA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: es
Thanks Given: 14
Thanks Received: 46

Here is a quick update after trading this live for about a week now.

First, the rules aren't quite as straightforward as they first seem. You really don't realize that till you are trading live.

Secondly, it is very difficult to get the same posted results as the founder. I'm not saying you can't get them but there are two problems: 1) there can be a couple of choices of taking the trades and if you don't take them the same way he does, you will get a different result 2) he reports the absolute best result as I have stated before

Nevertheless, most days have been profitable so the lines do have some validity, however he comes up with them. Will it be possible to continue to trade with these disparities? I'm not sure yet. You have to have confidence in a system to trade consistently.

More to come.

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
18 thanks
 rajafx1 
Toronto

Experience: Beginner
Platform: ninja
Trading: CL
Thanks Given: 80
Thanks Received: 3

tradermark2009 View Post
Harry,

No one here is BASHING. It's that we have seen this happen time and time again, we just want these so-called EDUCATORS to show us the money....simply prove the claims-and anyone who can trade for a living and say I have a system that is 90%, and I can give it to you, is a flat out LIAR.

We al know that a huge majority fail, I have seen it with my friends over the years. Once again, show me the money, and a system that includes, how to read price action, and control your emotions. To tell you the truth, the last 2 items will cost you over 4000 to 10000 hours of screen time, not a so-called 90% SYSTEM. Holy Grail=Look in the Mirror, it is each one of us.

BTW, Fat tails, is an icon here, and provides more help here then any one I have seen in a forum. Before, you rack him, see who you are criticizing. He is always the first one in line to help. SO just go easy, he was only speaking thru years of EDUCATORS reality which a lot of us have personally seen in our years of trading. Why, do you think futures.io (formerly BMT) started this awesome forum. Again, show me the money, not just say it. If they will not prove, since they cannot prove it, then walk away. Same old story...right...Fat Tails.

One other point....we do not need to be held so-called accountable, simply we are not stating hand over your money, and we will show you what is in our little bag. We are here to help and be helped, and not simply put up a web site, and make claims that we have a 90% method, without an ounce of proof.

BTW, Harry....how long will you be around, since we are all "ignorauses" here. Frankly, no one here has threatened or is threatening anyone, you are the one calling names, we just call it as we have seen it, and it took me over 15-20K before I started saying "show me the money", show me poof to believe what is being stated behind an possibility empty website. If they were really proud of the 90%, then put a personal name on it, with a picture. To me that is all the proof that it does not work, as stated. No hard feelings, just understand what we are saying, the proof is not one us, we are not making the claims of 90%, and don’t want people’s money. We do it here for free. I will show you my 73% template, and 93% today...for free.

Charts Courtesy of Sharky, The Wizard and Fat Tails, Dollar signs, courtesy of about 8K in hours, a loving wife, and many non refundable systems that where really a bunch of indicators, with a little loose discipline.

Ok, Big Mike, I will take my 3 days in the corner, for being such and "ignorauses like hey wally and fat tails running amok without any oversight on your part" Harry, have fun at the school of hard knocks, I really hope you can survive-I do mean that sincerely. Take Care-Mark

Pleas can you post the BBT_VPINtra BBtVolume pressure, along with template .

agent86 
Wellington, New Zealand

Experience: Advanced
Broker: Trade pro futures
Trading: ZB
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 4

I tried a week-long trial run of the system. I had the manual and received the PPN numbers for a week.

I was successful so I've decided to sign-up. It's a monthly recurring payment, so I'll give myself a month or two to decide if the system is for me.

I'll report back my findings here.

I've been in discussions with Sam, the guy that runs the site, and he has clarified a few points for me.

On the whole the rules are simple, however at this point I'd say the manual is not written as clearly as it could be. Don't get me wrong - the rules are in there, however it's not until you see some live examples that you really understand what's going on.

Thanked by:

Ben16JP2 
New York, United States

Platform: NinjaTrader,TradeStation
Broker: Optimus/Rithmic
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 179
Thanks Received: 33

SunTzuTrader View Post
Here is a quick update after trading this live for about a week now.

First, the rules aren't quite as straightforward as they first seem. You really don't realize that till you are trading live.

Secondly, it is very difficult to get the same posted results as the founder. I'm not saying you can't get them but there are two problems: 1) there can be a couple of choices of taking the trades and if you don't take them the same way he does, you will get a different result 2) he reports the absolute best result as I have stated before

Nevertheless, most days have been profitable so the lines do have some validity, however he comes up with them. Will it be possible to continue to trade with these disparities? I'm not sure yet. You have to have confidence in a system to trade consistently.

More to come.

Hi SunTzuTrader and other users of eminipivottrading,

If you or some else joins their Trade Room could you post your experience?
I would be particularly interested in the following points:

If someone joined the trade room would they be able follow along without purchasing the manual and the levels?
Do they call their trades in advance?
How much time do you usually have to determine if you have a valid setup?
Do they call out their Profit Target and how they are managing their trade?
The last question is asked to see if the creators of the system get the results that they post on the website.

SawDr 
Washington, DC

Platform: Ninja and TOS
Broker: Ninja
Trading: CL, ES
Thanks Given: 114
Thanks Received: 62

Ben16JP2 View Post
Hi SunTzuTrader and other users of eminipivottrading,

If you or some else joins their Trade Room could you post your experience?
I would be particularly interested in the following points:

If someone joined the trade room would they be able follow along without purchasing the manual and the levels?
Do they call their trades in advance?
How much time do you usually have to determine if you have a valid setup?
Do they call out their Profit Target and how they are managing their trade?
The last question is asked to see if the creators of the system get the results that they post on the website.

It is impossible to achieve the results from their website as they just represent Maximum Favorable Excursion, not actual trading results.

Thanked by:
 SunTzuTrader 
South, USA

I agree with SawDr. Results quoted are not what you could achieve trading live. You would have to have perfect fills to the tick AND know exactly where to exit in advance in most cases.

Thanked by:

Ben16JP2 
New York, United States

SunTzuTrader View Post
I agree with SawDr. Results quoted are not what you could achieve trading live. You would have to have perfect fills to the tick AND know exactly where to exit in advance in most cases.

Is that for the entries also?
Meaning that if the stop is not hit, do they use the total amount of points from (top to bottom) or (bottom to top) of the move to get how they calculate their points?
I have also been in rooms where if it touches their entry and touches their exit it is counted as a winning trade, and there may have been only few contracts traded at either price. Do they count these as trades?
Also,
How long is the manual?
Thank you

Ben16JP2 
New York, United States

Here is the information I received regarding their Trade Room

The trade room is text based only for better clarity for everyone.
The room is for informational purposes. There will be no charts - there will be entries, several targets and a stop given.
The stop will always be less than 2.5 points.
Where a trader ultimately exits or which trade a trader takes etc. is up to them, of course.
They will only provide information.

Thanked by:
 SunTzuTrader 
South, USA

Ben, the manual is fairly short, which I see as a good thing. If you can't share your rules in a few pages, it's not so simple.

If you check out the videos or buy the service, you will see there are prices provided to trade against. You have three choices at every price - buy, sell or do nothing. This is what the manual purports to provide guidance on.

I too am very curious how he will handle the room since it will be difficult to claim 6 ticks profit if you didn't call that as a target in advance. The manual provides suggested stops and targets, which is fine, everyone has their own tolerance ranges, however, the results he posts do not align with the targets in the manual, they are best case entries and exits. For example, price drops to a line, hits it to a tick and goes up 6 ticks, The founder will show 6 ticks as the result for that trade, even though you would have to had a perfect fill to get in since price didn't go past your line and you would have to have 6 ticks as your target in advance AND you would have to get a perfect fill on the exit since price didn't go past the six ticks. Those types of reports are hard to swallow.

Based on what I have seen thus far, I do not intend to join the trading room. I will be curious to hear from others what they learn but I'm going no further. The best I can say for the system is price does seem to turn at these lines on a regular basis.

ST

Thanked by:

heywally 
Pismo Beach CA

Platform: TOS, IB, Fidelity for 'swing' trades
Trading: ES, NQ, IBB, IWM, NG
Thanks Given: 80
Thanks Received: 90

One thing prospective subscribers might want to check out is how these price buy/sell points compare to the pivot/support/resistance #'s available to anyone, every day, either through software indicators you can put up on your charts, or:

Daily Notes - Metrics for Day Traders

or, just through your own work, which tries to guesstimate where support/resistance areas are on say, a 15 minute (or some other time frame) chart.

With any price level that you consider support/resistance, "all" you then have to do is see how price behaves at that level and then punch the trade button to jump on when it reacts, up or down.

"The Future Ain't what it used to be"

Last Updated on March 7, 2012

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts