NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Trading Chair with Lumbar Support?

Discussion in Off-Topic

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 19 posts (14 thanks)
    2. looks_two Husnain with 7 posts (1 thanks)
    3. looks_3 alexa123 with 7 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 PandaWarrior with 5 posts (5 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one gomi with 3 thanks per post
    2. looks_two PandaWarrior with 1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 vk79 with 1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 0.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 33,962 views
    2. thumb_up 76 thanks given
    3. group 39 followers
    1. forum 123 posts
    2. attach_file 11 attachments

Search this Thread

Trading Chair with Lumbar Support?

GoldStandard 
arizona

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: rolling my own
Trading: ES,CL,GC,6E
Thanks Given: 324
Thanks Received: 191

In the past I have used an exercise ball as a chair. They are cheap and for me it worked to eliminate the minor back discomfort I had. I have read that any type of chair that allows your body to sit slackly in one place without using your back muscles to support yourself will eventually cause problems because of cutting off blood circulation to the spine and degeneration of your back muscles.

Recently I raised my desk up to a standing position and I have a treadmill set up under it so I can slowly walk and type at the same time. I do have a stool I can sit on if I get tired of treading, so I'm back to sitting part of the day. I might order one of those exercize ball-chairs to sit on instead if I find myself doing too much sitting.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Diary of a simple price action trader
26 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
21 thanks
My NQ Trading Journal
19 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
16 thanks
HumbleTraders next chapter
9 thanks

kashbg 
London

Platform: LMAX
Trading: GBP/USD EUR/USD
Thanks Given: 33
Thanks Received: 28

GoldStandard View Post
Recently I raised my desk up to a standing position and I have a treadmill set up under it so I can slowly walk and type at the same time. I do have a stool I can sit on if I get tired of treading, so I'm back to sitting part of the day.

Have you thought of fitting a toilet sit under your desk, I heard it improves the blood flow to your brain and eyeballs. lol

"The only thing to do when a man is wrong is to be right by ceasing to be wrong." - Edwin Lefevre -

GoldStandard 
arizona

Platform: rolling my own
Trading: ES,CL,GC,6E
Thanks Given: 324
Thanks Received: 191

kashbg View Post
Have you thought of fitting a toilet sit under your desk, I heard it improves the blood flow to your brain and eyeballs. lol

I tried that but the treadmill got in the way of the plumbing.

monpere 
Bala, PA, USA

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Mirus, IB
Trading: SPY, Oil, Euro
Thanks Given: 300
Thanks Received: 3,371

kashbg View Post

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	trading_toilet.jpg
Views:	309
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	31135  
Slack
California

Thanks Given: 25
Thanks Received: 42

Obviously, a fellow trader.

Ryanb 
Netherlands

Experience: Advanced
Platform: none
Trading: Stocks
Thanks Given: 117
Thanks Received: 358

the chair ain't the most important thing, the way its setup in combination with your desk is very important.

1. ajust your chair until its comfy, your feet need to be flat on the ground and a little space between your knees and the chair.

2. adjust the armrests in that way that your shoulders are in the same position as you're standing

3. if you have a weight adjustment, adjust it in that way that your body doesn't has the press the back in to the chair to get it in the right postition.

4. set your desk on the hight of the armrests, as the desk is nothing more than a extender of your armrests.

5. if you have a dynamic setting on the chair, set it to dynamic. your body gets a bit more movement and thats what helps to minimize backproblems.

i hope the English is correct, if not please tell.

Thanked by:

kashbg 
London

Platform: LMAX
Trading: GBP/USD EUR/USD
Thanks Given: 33
Thanks Received: 28

monpere,
seems like a nice setup. The only missing bit is "the FAN". lol

"The only thing to do when a man is wrong is to be right by ceasing to be wrong." - Edwin Lefevre -
 Babool 
Detroit, MI

Experience: Master
Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: NQ, CL, ES, GC
Thanks Given: 17
Thanks Received: 125

Well, in the last 3 weeks I went to office max and purchased and returned 3 office chairs. My back is having problems sitting in front of the screens for 10 hours a day. A friend mentioned a chair called the Herman Miller Embody and I checked it out....I live in west michigan where these are MfG and so it was not hard to find a specialty furniture store that carriers them. I looked at the price tag and my jaw dropped off my face but when I sat in it the first time I was sold...simply the most comfortable chair I ever sat on. If you are in the market for a chair that you can sit 10 hours a day in a feel great when done then check this out. Here is a review.

Herman Miller Embody Review: The Best Chair We've Ever Sat On

kvankuren 
Baltimore, MD

Experience: Beginner
Platform: TS & Ninja
Broker: TS / AMP
Trading: ES, NQ, Bunker C
Thanks Given: 96
Thanks Received: 65

I have been watching Craigslist for local sellers of their used Aeron chair. Patience was the key, (sounds familiar), a local guy is selling 40 of these chairs, 2006 Aeron model for $175.00 each in the Baltimore - DC area....email Mel ...the chairs are awesome, fully adjustable, lumbar support and comfortable! These used chairs have been selling in the area for $375 - $600.00.

Thanked by:
 Eubie 
Prague, Czech republic

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader/ZF
Trading: ES, TF
Thanks Given: 278
Thanks Received: 84

Old thread, but Im gonna reply anyway...

I sat in the Aeron and I didn't find it that good - not much support for thoraic spine, no headrest, makes you bend shoulders forward... + high price. My impression of Aeron was always that you pay for the looks (which I don't find extraordinary either).

I recently bought a Therapia chair (https://therapia.cz/cz/kancelarske-zidle/therapia-body_15).Unfortunately, the delivery is limited to Europe. It's most likely the only chair that does not make your shoulders bend forward, instead the chair reinforces the habit of having your shoulders back and down where they should be. Having the experience that I have now I would not buy a chair that makes you bend, but that's subject to personal taste I guess.

Gomi referenced the Gokhale method. When I first read it, I incorporated some important messages from it into my everyday life, but I would say it's incomplete. I personally found "The Foundation" more of a "whole package", plus with the online video guide for 24.99 you get to learn all the exercises in no time.

Lastly, I gained some benefits from walking the "right way" (who will ever know what the really right way is, right?), you can find it on youtube. Basically, twist the meeting point of the lumbar and thoraic spine by actively using the hip into each step (see e.g. Chi Running ). Stretches the back and makes your core and glutes work without you having to think about it.

Good luck,
Daniel

Thanked by:

Last Updated on November 24, 2020

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts