NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Trading Chair with Lumbar Support?

Discussion in Off-Topic

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 19 posts (14 thanks)
    2. looks_two Husnain with 7 posts (1 thanks)
    3. looks_3 alexa123 with 7 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 PandaWarrior with 5 posts (5 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one gomi with 3 thanks per post
    2. looks_two vk79 with 1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 PandaWarrior with 1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 0.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 33,687 views
    2. thumb_up 76 thanks given
    3. group 39 followers
    1. forum 123 posts
    2. attach_file 11 attachments

Search this Thread

Trading Chair with Lumbar Support?

vk79 
Michigan

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninjatrader
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 265
Thanks Received: 85

I have been suffering with back pain mainly because of my sitting in front of the computer for long hours.
I already tried several chairs but none of them seem to help.
My doc told me that I need a chair with lumbar support. I was looking into Aeron chairs but they are very expensive.
Lumbar cushion looks interesting. Here is the link for cushion
Amazon.com: Lumbar Cushion - Sand color, this lumbar support office chair back cushion helps the lumbar and sacral region of the spinal column. This Lumbar support helps to keep a good posture while sitting and also prevent to any kind of spinal colu

I would appreciate any recommendations.

thanks

Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
Battlestations: Show us your trading desks!
24 thanks
The Program
18 thanks

PandaWarrior 
In the heat

Experience: None
Thanks Given: 6,329
Thanks Received: 13,404

I have used all manner of chairs. They all hurt my back. One of them was pretty expensive to. Another one cut the blood flow from my legs and my legs would just kill me after work.

SO after many hundreds of dollars searching for a good cheap chair, I settled on this:

Ergonomic Chairs - Freedom Task Chair with Headrest | Humanscale

Its pricey and I have the one in the picture with the headrest and everything....I paid $1200 for it but you can find them less if you look around.

The result: I can sit for hours and nothing hurts. I mean it. Nothing hurts. This chair is amazing....I am NOT a paid endorser. In fact, I tried to find it at Amazon so if you bought it through my link, I would get paid. No dice, they dont have it. But I believe in this chair enough to recommend it without getting paid for it.

I have been using this chair 8-10 hours a day for 5 years. I bought the micro fiber fabric because the leather was to much money. No tears, no rips. I had to fix a screw that fell out a couple of times but that was no big deal.

Take it from me, if you spend hours in front of the screen, spend the money and get a good chair.

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication, Leonardo da Vinci

Most people chose unhappiness over uncertainty, Tim Ferris
Thanked by:

aslan 
Madison, WI

Experience: Advanced
Platform: ALT
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 356
Thanks Received: 1,127

I have an Aeron chair, and it is nice, but I would not buy a new one, as they are just too expensive, and you are paying for the name. I found mine on craigs, so did not have to give up an arm. The real key though is to go try them out, preferably for more than 10 min, especially if you are addressing a personal comfort issue. The Aeron chairs have multiple sizes as well, so make sure it fits you. If you find a chair that works for you, then price is a non issue, as you are spending a great deal of time in that chair.

Thanked by:

vk79 
Michigan

Platform: Ninjatrader
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 265
Thanks Received: 85

Thanks for the reply aztrader9. The link you posted takes me to Products & Services page of Humanscale website.
Could you please re-post the correct link for the recommended chair.
thx

Started this thread Reply With Quote

PandaWarrior 
In the heat

vk79 View Post
Thanks for the reply aztrader9. The link you posted takes me to Products & Services page of Humanscale website.
Could you please re-post the correct link for the recommended chair.
thx

Ergonomic Chairs - Freedom Task Chair with Headrest | Humanscale

Or Humanscale | Ergonomic Seating - High-Performance Task Chairs and click on the Freedom Chair pic.

PandaWarrior 
In the heat

I should add this chair has very simple adjustments. It simply moves with your body. Its built like a truck and one thing I found odd was this. The cushion is really thin. But its some kind of high density padding that never seems to compress. I have owned chairs with real thick padding and they killed me. For some reason, this thin padding on both the seating surface and the back support just does the job.

fwiw, I bought it without ever having sat in one on the recommendation of a friend.

itrade2win 
New York

Platform: Sierra Charts, TOS
Trading: E-mini S&P 500
Thanks Given: 447
Thanks Received: 437

Try standing every once in a while. I stand up every 30 to 45 minutes or so. Its amazing how I see price action more clearer while standing back from my screens. And besides no chair is going to help the restriction of blood flow to the brain after sitting in it for hours.

Thanked by:
 gomi 
Paris
Market Wizard

Platform: NinjaTrader
Thanks Given: 282
Thanks Received: 4,505

I'm not sure the secret is to change chair and buy expensive chairs.

I'm pretty certain our grandparents didn't have expensive chairs but had less back problems than we do. Of course, they didn't spend all day in front of a computer but still...

You should try to take a look at how the body is actually designed to work, and maybe learn to sit well, instead of buying expensive stuff to compensate for a bad body position. Then all you'll need is a 20 USD basic chair.

Here is my advice : read this book Amazon.com: 8 Steps to a Pain-Free Back: Natural Posture Solutions for Pain in the Back, Neck, Shoulder, Hip, Knee, and Foot (Remember When It Didn't Hurt) (9780979303609): Esther Gokhale, Susan Adams: Books

There's an associated web site : Lower Back Pain | Esther Gokhale Wellness Center

Not very expensive, and it might completely change the way you sit, stand, and bend.

monpere 
Bala, PA, USA

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Mirus, IB
Trading: SPY, Oil, Euro
Thanks Given: 300
Thanks Received: 3,371

itrade2win View Post
Try standing every once in a while. I stand up every 30 to 45 minutes or so. Its amazing how I see price action more clearer while standing back from my screens. And besides no chair is going to help the restriction of blood flow to the brain after sitting in it for hours.

I have an indicator, that every hour, tells me to get up. You should get up regularly, walk around for a couple of minutes to stimulate the circulation in your legs, and to also give you eyes a break. Sitting for very long periods can create blood clots in the legs (Deep Vein Thrombosis) due to lack of adequate blood circulation, especially as you get older. These clots can break free and travel to the heart and lungs and cause fatal trauma. I generally take 3 minute breaks, stand up, walk about, get a drink, do a nature call, and also do some eye relaxation exercises in the process.

Thanked by:

PandaWarrior 
In the heat

gomi View Post
I'm not sure the secret is to change chair and buy expensive chairs.

I'm pretty certain our grandparents didn't have expensive chairs but had less back problems than we do. Of course, they didn't spend all day in front of a computer but still...

You should try to take a look at how the body is actually designed to work, and maybe learn to sit well, instead of buying expensive stuff to compensate for a bad body position. Then all you'll need is a 20 USD basic chair.

Here is my advice : read this book Amazon.com: 8 Steps to a Pain-Free Back: Natural Posture Solutions for Pain in the Back, Neck, Shoulder, Hip, Knee, and Foot (Remember When It Didn't Hurt) (9780979303609): Esther Gokhale, Susan Adams: Books

There's an associated web site : Lower Back Pain | Esther Gokhale Wellness Center

Not very expensive, and it might completely change the way you sit, stand, and bend.

I actually agree with this, but at the same time, the best chairs will help you sit better. The freedom chair does not have any fixed parts. This means as you move, the chair moves. In order to use it properly, you need to sit in it properly. The posture things Gomi mentioned are reinforced in this chair. You can of course abuse it and I do but the beauty of it is you know when you are are. The chair feels uncomfortable when you dont sit right.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on November 24, 2020

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts