NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Trading

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one aquarian1 with 952 posts (312 thanks)
    2. looks_two dario1 with 6 posts (2 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 4 posts (1 thanks)
    4. looks_4 xplorer with 4 posts (1 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Pariah Carey with 5 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Hanneke with 1.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Ddawg with 1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 aquarian1 with 0.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 185,856 views
    2. thumb_up 357 thanks given
    3. group 55 followers
    1. forum 997 posts
    2. attach_file 456 attachments

Search this Thread

Trading

aquarian1 
Point Roberts, WA, USA

Experience: Advanced
Platform: IB and free NT
Broker: IB
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 1,509
Thanks Received: 2,593

Some of those major closures according to the New York Stock Exchange's website:

1865 — The exchange closed for over a week after the assassination of President Abraham Lincoln.

1873 — Following the failure of Philadelphia bank Jay Cooke & Company on September 19 the stock exchange closed for ten days amid national financial panic.

1914 — World War I lead to the longest closure of the exchange beginning on July 31. It did not open entirely for over four and a half months.

1933 — The exchange closed for President Franklin Roosevelt's bank holiday.

1945 — Markets closed on August 15 & 16 for VJ day, marking the end of World War II.

1963 — The exchange closed early on November 22 after the assassination of President Kennedy.

1985 — This marks the last time the NYSE closed for weather as Hurricane Gloria slammed into the eastern seaboard.

2001 — Markets closed for four days following the September 11 terrorist attacks.

https://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/breakout/does-close-stock-market-145507525.html

peace, love and joy to you
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds

aquarian1 
Point Roberts, WA, USA

@bigmike

virustotal reports a malicious virus at threadloom,com

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/url/f7ac4a7b3b26a970910d2e5015dd621f542093a27314a96a4609e4b525296fec/detection

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,175
Thanks Received: 101,541

I don't see why it is flagged though
aquarian1 View Post

Sent using the nexusfi.com mobile app

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

aquarian1 
Point Roberts, WA, USA

I can't explain what virus total does it is one of the javscipts at the site - just thought you might like to know
the tech stuff is beyond me.

aquarian1 
Point Roberts, WA, USA

killed my sell market at open - argh.
should have left it

did get one (MES) in but 2190
now locked limit down in o/n

the timid don't succeed in this wild ride....

aquarian1 
Point Roberts, WA, USA

Support for critical market functioning. The Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) will purchase Treasury securities and agency mortgage-backed securities in the amounts needed to support smooth market functioning and effective transmission of monetary policy to broader financial conditions and the economy.

The FOMC had previously announced it would purchase at least $500 billion of Treasury securities and at least $200 billion of mortgage-backed securities. In addition, the FOMC will include purchases of agency commercial mortgage-backed securities in its agency mortgage-backed security purchases.

Supporting the flow of credit to employers, consumers, and businesses by establishing new programs that, taken together, will provide up to $300 billion in new financing. The Department of the Treasury, using the Exchange Stabilization Fund (ESF), will provide $30 billion in equity to these facilities.

Establishment of two facilities to support credit to large employers – the Primary Market Corporate Credit Facility (PMCCF) for new bond and loan issuance and the Secondary Market Corporate Credit Facility (SMCCF) to provide liquidity for outstanding corporate bonds.

Establishment of a third facility, the Term Asset-Backed Securities Loan Facility (TALF), to support the flow of credit to consumers and businesses. The TALF will enable the issuance of asset-backed securities (ABS) backed by student loans, auto loans, credit card loans, loans guaranteed by the Small Business Administration (SBA), and certain other assets.

Facilitating the flow of credit to municipalities by expanding the Money Market Mutual Fund Liquidity Facility (MMLF) to include a wider range of securities, including municipal variable rate demand notes (VRDNs) and bank certificates of deposit.

Facilitating the flow of credit to municipalities by expanding the Commercial Paper Funding Facility (CPFF) to include high-quality, tax-exempt commercial paper as eligible securities. In addition, the pricing of the facility has been reduced.

In addition to the steps above, the Federal Reserve expects to announce soon the establishment of a Main Street Business Lending Program to support lending to eligible small-and-medium sized businesses, complementing efforts by the SBA.

The PMCCF will allow companies access to credit so that they are better able to maintain business operations and capacity during the period of dislocations related to the pandemic. This facility is open to investment grade companies and will provide bridge financing of four years. Borrowers may elect to defer interest and principal payments during the first six months of the loan, extendable at the Federal Reserve's discretion, in order to have additional cash on hand that can be used to pay employees and suppliers. The Federal Reserve will finance a special purpose vehicle (SPV) to make loans from the PMCCF to companies. The Treasury, using the ESF, will make an equity investment in the SPV.

The SMCCF will purchase in the secondary market corporate bonds issued by investment grade U.S. companies and U.S.-listed exchange-traded funds whose investment objective is to provide broad exposure to the market for U.S. investment grade corporate bonds. Treasury, using the ESF, will make an equity investment in the SPV established by the Federal Reserve for this facility.

Under the TALF, the Federal Reserve will lend on a non-recourse basis to holders of certain AAA-rated ABS backed by newly and recently originated consumer and small business loans. The Federal Reserve will lend an amount equal to the market value of the ABS less a haircut and will be secured at all times by the ABS. Treasury, using the ESF, will also make an equity investment in the SPV established by the Federal Reserve for this facility. The TALF, PMCCF and SMCCF are established by the Federal Reserve under the authority of Section 13(3) of the Federal Reserve Act, with approval of the Treasury Secretary.

These actions augment the measures taken by the Federal Reserve over the past week to support the flow of credit to households and businesses. These include:

The establishment of the CPFF, the MMLF, and the Primary Dealer Credit Facility;

The expansion of central bank liquidity swap lines;

Steps to enhance the availability and ease terms for borrowing at the discount window;

The elimination of reserve requirements;

Guidance encouraging banks to be flexible with customers experiencing financial challenges related to the coronavirus and to utilize their liquidity and capital buffers in doing so;

Statements encouraging the use of daylight credit at the Federal Reserve.

Taken together, these actions will provide support to a wide range of markets and institutions, thereby supporting the flow of credit in the economy.

The Federal Reserve will continue to use it full range of tools to support the flow of credit to households and businesses and thereby promote its maximum employment and price stability goals.

So it seems The Fed's "infinite" balance sheet is being put to use,
---------
Yellen:

"Will I say there will never, ever be another financial crisis? No, probably that would be going too far. But I do think we’re much safer and I hope that it will not be in our lifetimes and I don’t believe it will."

While some were quick to compare this statement by Yellen (who then was 70--ears old) to Neville Chamberlain infamous - and very, very wrong - 1938 prediction of "peace in our time", perhaps she was hiding a trump card all along... A trump card which she revealed only now, almost three years later.

Speaking via video conference with bankers in Kansas City, Yellen said that the Fed would take a page out of the SNB and BOJ playbook, and "might be able to help the U.S. economy in a future downturn if it could buy stocks and corporate bonds." Of course, by "US economy" she meant the "top 1%" and their political cronies.
-------
source: ZH

aquarian1 
Point Roberts, WA, USA

A lengthy investigative report in Reuters found that the White House ordered the elimination of a key American Center for Disease Control (CDC) position in Beijing intended to monitor and study disease outbreaks in China.

The American disease expert, a medical epidemiologist embedded in China’s disease control agency, left her post in July.

Dr. Linda Quick, part of whose job involved training the very Chinese field epidemiologists later deployed to virus hot zones in Wuhan and elsewhere across the country. She would have been the US "eyes and ears" on the ground had she been allowed to stay.

“If someone had been there, public health officials and governments across the world could have moved much faster,” a prior top CDC expert who had occupied the now nixed position prior to 2012, Bao-Ping Zhu, told Reuters.

The post and the program, which was called U.S. Field Epidemiology Training Program in China, was officially defunded in September, while unexplained clusters of pneumonia later linked to the Covid-19 outbreak begain popping up in Wuhan province on Dec. 31.

source: ZH
https://www.zerohedge.com/health/white-house-axed-cdcs-eyes-ears-ground-china-months-outbrea

Thanked by:

aquarian1 
Point Roberts, WA, USA

aquarian1 
Point Roberts, WA, USA

looks like fun

aquarian1 
Point Roberts, WA, USA

3209 is an important level in ES.

It was broken with stop-running intraday with 3198 and then upto 3296.25 Friday 25 Sep 2020

I think we'll go back down below 3209 and break it (unless money printing news released).

Last Updated on January 2, 2021

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts