NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Trading

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one aquarian1 with 952 posts (312 thanks)
    2. looks_two dario1 with 6 posts (2 thanks)
    3. looks_3 xplorer with 4 posts (1 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 4 posts (1 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Pariah Carey with 5 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Hanneke with 1.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Ddawg with 1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 aquarian1 with 0.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 185,741 views
    2. thumb_up 357 thanks given
    3. group 55 followers
    1. forum 997 posts
    2. attach_file 456 attachments

Search this Thread

Trading

aquarian1 
Point Roberts, WA, USA

Experience: Advanced
Platform: IB and free NT
Broker: IB
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 1,509
Thanks Received: 2,593

Table of [AUTOLINK]RTH[/AUTOLINK] ES data

(Note the "next target" isn't really that, it's just a +30pt reminder to me)

peace, love and joy to you
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
38 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
19 thanks
The Program
18 thanks

aquarian1 
Point Roberts, WA, USA

We are each a unique piece of the jigsaw puzzle that fits perfectly into Life. We do not have to justify ourselves or explain ourselves or be other than we are, for what we are doing is perfect for our evolution. We cannot judge ourselves or judge another person, for we never know where they are on their pathway.

We can love ourselves. We can awaken to love and allow ourselves to live in the place of joy where the positive changes happen automatically. We are perfect just the way we are.

Every one of us has an enormous well of love within, and when we allow it to come forth, it flows out of us. It is an endless supply. Think of everyone that you have met today or think of people who are special to you. Let the love flow out from your heart to these people. Feel your heart opening right now. And even if it is open, let it open more.

Remember, the heart works in two ways. You not only give it out, but you get it back. Let the love come in. Let yourself feel full. Move it in your mind, from heart to heart, from hand to hand. As it goes 'round and 'round and 'round, feel this circle of love.

Say to yourself every morning when you get up: Today I give love, and today I receive love. Let this be the fire that you carry in your heart. And so it is.

Love,
L Hay.

When we blame another, we give our power away because we're placing the responsibility for our feelings on someone else. People in our lives may behave in ways that trigger uncomfortable responses in us. However, they didn't get into our minds and create the buttons that have been pushed. Taking responsibility for our own feelings and reactions is mastering our "ability to respond." In other words, we learn to consciously choose rather than simply react.

We can't talk about resentment without also talking about forgiveness. Forgiving someone doesn't mean that we condone their behavior. The act of forgiveness takes place in our own mind. It really has nothing to do with the other person. The reality of true forgiveness lies in setting ourselves free from holding on to the pain. It's simply an act of releasing ourselves from the negative energy.

Forgiveness doesn't mean allowing the painful behaviors or actions of another to continue in your life. Sometimes, forgiveness means letting go. You forgive them and release them. Taking a stand and setting healthy boundaries are often the most loving things you can do—not only for yourself, but for the other person as well.

I truly believe that there are no mistakes. When our hearts are closed and we feel resentment and anger and sadness, it's hard to see anything good. Yet when our hearts are open, it's as if so much of that negativity disappears and we're able to release these old thoughts and reawaken to joy. For each of us, there's always joy inside. And we need to know how very perfect we are as we are.

Read more »
Colors and Numbers
Photo
Your Color: Yellow
Your Gemstone: Topaz
Your Keyword: Enjoyment

What's In Store:
This is your year for fun. That which you started two years ago is now beginning to come to life. Believe in yourself. All is well and you feel it. Love is everywhere. It's a time for friends and doing things you enjoy. The influence this year is social and artistic. Entertain and go to parties and gatherings. Take vacations and holidays. Express yourself creatively as much as possible. Laugh and smile and sing and dance and spread sunshine all around you.

Your Affirmation:
I love life and the joy of living.

What is Your Personal Year Vibration?
Here's how to figure out your personal year. The Universal Year (2 + 0 + 1 + 2) is 5. Add your own Birth Month and Birthday Day to the Universal Year. If your birthday is September 5, you add 9 (for September) + 5 (for day) + 5 for the Universal Year. (In numerology, we keep reducing numbers until we have a single digit.) Total 19. Add 1 + 9 = 10. Add 1 + 0 = 1. Your Personal Year is 1.

More fun with Colors and Numbers »Spacer
My Library
Photo
"Ask and ye shall receive."

The Buddha has been a symbol of wisdom and enlightenment for centuries. People often place statues and paintings in their homes to help create a feeling of peacefulness and serenity, or to create a space for meditation.

Thanked by:

aquarian1 
Point Roberts, WA, USA

Let's say we exit from a trade before we should have.

We can make no change and tell ourselves it was just our fear of seeing a profitable trade go sour, our fear of yet another loss. That may be true - but it does little in the way of solving our response so we don't bail again too early.

Or we can ask ourselves some questions and see if steps can be taken to avoid the repetition of the mistake.

Why did we bail when we did?
- "Well the price was approaching my slower MA and that is my early warning to exit because it is reversing on me."

How did you pick the period of your MA?
- "I don't recall, I think it was an article about crossdowns and selling against retracement and crossups and buying on a pullback.

So you are using crossing MAs for both an entry signal and retracement exit "this trade has gone bad"?
- "yes"

And you exited on a retracement with entry signal MAs?
- "yes"

Do you think you would have exited if the price has not reached the slower MA which was your "the trade is going bad I should exit" level?
- "No. I wouldn't have. it was the emotion of seeing the price bars kissing the line and fearing the loss that got me out. If the price hadn't reached that level the visual response of fear of failure would not have been triggered nor the emotional cascade that lead to early entry."

Have you played with the effect of different periods and different types of Mas (SMA, WMA, EMA) to see which would lead to the best signal of "this trade has gone sour" (=retraced to much too quickly) versus "its still ok this is just a pullback and the second leg is coming."?
- No. I haven't. So your suggesting I explore using a different MA for the "this trade has gone sour". That is use the right tool for the right job - one tool for entry and one for trade gone bad - and that if I am open to working with other mas such as SMA or WMA instead of being locked into only EMAs and looking for the right period of the Ma to match my instrument and trading time-frame that I could easily find a better tool for job 2 -(when to exit a retracment.?

Yes.

--What about exiting at the full maturity of the trade?

Usually a mesurement or estimation of a target is important.

-- such as?

Equal legs is one. (AB = CD)

aquarian1 
Point Roberts, WA, USA

A journal can be a place to keep thoughts as we go along.

Perhaps something happen in our day to prompt and idea or a path of future exploration.

By making a note of it we can honour the idea with its recognition. Making a note isn't about another person the event of article or whatever triggered the thought, it is about the thought itself and how it might be useful to us in our trading.

It not about the other person - your journal is for you.

aquarian1 
Point Roberts, WA, USA

The B-List

It’s just another day in the new financial-bizzaro world where any little piece of data may move the markets. Forget imploding Europe or mounting debt levels, the market “reportedly” went higher on a better than expected ISM Non-Mfg number.

You may ask, what the heck is the ISM Non-Mfg number anyways? It’s a gauge of new business orders from the Institute for Supply Management. Think of it as the “B list” of economic data reports, akin to the aging celebrity who appears on the late-night cable movie…or those on The Apprentice: you’re fired!

Anyways, the non-manufacturing ISM index edged up to 53.7 in May from 53.5 in April, a touch above economists' forecast. And woo-hoo, we got a small broad market rally because of a surprise 0.2% jump, as opposed to a flat reading from the Betty White of economic data.

The real reason for the rally may be just another day of “hope springs eternal.” Until Ben or his ECB cronies make any pronouncements, we still have the prospect of LTRO3, or QE3, or some crazy combination of both on the near term economic horizon.

No worries – it’s coming.

Trade well and follow the trend, not the so-called “experts.”

Behold the age of infinite moral hazard! On April 2nd, 2009 CONgress forced FASB to suspend rule 157 in favor of deceitful accounting for the TBTF banking mafia.

aquarian1 
Point Roberts, WA, USA

I have come off of ten days of being sick (sore throat, coughing etc.)

Last night I just finished "the Power of Positive Thinking" by NV Peale. He concluded the book with a chapter "How to Draw on that Higher Power." One of the people who had turned to him for help he doubted would be able to
" simple faith enough to open the sources of power according to the techniques of Christianity". ( Horace was a distinguished figure in music and artistic circles.) However Horace and his wife's need for healing was so great he was able to; - "Seldom have I seen two people become more gloriously childlike in their and whose trust was more complete."

You will understand the word here "childlike" is not a put down but very much and essential asset, "for unless you enter the kingdom of god as a child you shall not enter."

So connecting the dots to trading, or any other challenge in our mundane lives - we see the dilemma for those who worship (exhault) their own ego above God - "Have no other gods before me."
In early times this might have been in reference to a golden cow - but now it is science, doctors etc.

This I see is the downfall of the modern man who since WWII has placed science as their god and they worship the high priests of science -- the Phds, the experts and so on. If science, statisticians, engineers and so on say something is cannot be done, well then they believe that to be the Truth. They separate their mundane lives from their spiritual lives and keep the spiritual lives in a definite second, or lower place.

To draw on the higher power you need a simplicity of a faith (to open the channel to the power).

So for traders, then, here lies the rub. To draw upon the higher power, to draw upon your intuitive self, you need to quiet the babbling "monkey mind". You need to:
be open to their being a solution and
belief that if you ask for a solution to your problem it shall be delivered in accordance with your faith.

("Ask for anything truly believing it shall be delivered unto you and it shall be done.")

Many traders feel the only way is through higher and higher levels of "sophistication". so if it isn't a fourth derivative intrapolative, Hertbergian normalized fractal quantum integrated trading system, what good can it be??

More and more I see the potential of the great power to transform our lives.

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,173
Thanks Received: 101,537

Feel better soon.

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

aquarian1 
Point Roberts, WA, USA

Friday 15 June 2012

This is a 15 min chart showing the RTH session only.

All the lines and markings were done Wednesday.
You can see the yellow rectangle showing the gap.
I drew 2 S/R lines - heavy dotted pink.
On 11 June (last Monday - the line before 6/12) you see the spike.

So on Wednesday you know that they will push through the lower pink line. Why? because you are close enough to challenge the lower pink and once there they will run it up through the stops above 8 June's high. (1329.50 for June contract, 1330 Sept contract).

Next look at the gap. It is from 1342.75 (11 May) to 1337.25 (14 May). So this means that they will push it into the gap 1337.25. Today's RTH close is1338.50 at 15:15CT.

With this information you have good information that today would be a strong up day pushing into the gap. (It didn't have to be today except that the Greek elections over the weekend they want to pull out the stops before that happens and this could be their last chance.) Also yesterday's close was at 90% of the days range and at 85% of the RTH Bollinger band - indicating higher.

Further information for today push was the o/n session. Notice the strong jump in the o/n session from yesterday, Thurs and the Friday o/n. Also today's o/n was within striking distance of Monday 11 June o/n.

The question is then where will this peak? 5/8 is (1411.75-1262 June numbers) 93.50 ==> 1355.50. I'll go with 1353.

Nothing posted here is trading advice. Everything posted is educational information only. Futures and other trading involve the risk of loss. etc. etc..

Thanked by:

aquarian1 
Point Roberts, WA, USA

Sure, sure - no insider trading on the downgrade before the news release - right? ha- ha.

From Larry:
Body Slammed

A funny thing happened to Mr. Market on the way to another hopium-fueled rally: it was body slammed! Somehow the hopium ran out. Quick, call Ben Bernank for another fix. Perhaps that will come Friday, with at least an inside day – right?

Yesterday we found out that Ben Bernank was all out of market crack, free money (read: hopium & QE), and this surprising news bled into today’s action. The market was weak fairly early but it wasn’t all the Ben Bernank’s fault; there were other problems.

The PMI Manufacturing Index for China was worse than expected – again.
Weekly jobless claims were worse than expected again, although the press reported it as a good report. As usual, the BS from the BLS was knee deep. Last week’s report was revised higher than originally reported in order to make this week’s data look better than it otherwise would. When will the clowns in the press REPORT on this?
Existing home sales worse that expected.
FHFA House Price Index was actually better than expected.
Philly Fed Survey was atrocious. It was expected to have a reading of +0.5%, but was -16.6%! Bloomberg said the following when it was released “The alarm you hear is the Philly Fed's monthly report where contraction is gripping the Mid-Atlantic manufacturing sector this month. The general business conditions index shows contraction for a second month and, at a minus 16.6 level, much more severe contraction than May's minus 5.8, a reading that in itself was a shock. High mid-teen negative readings sweep the details including new orders, unfilled orders, shipments, deliveries, and the workweek.”

But wait, there’s more…

If the aforementioned news wasn’t bad enough, Moody’s was expected to downgrade several major banks. Wait, downgrading banksters? The nerve! Nevertheless, this gripped the market all day. Traders wondered “Will there really be a three-notch downgrade of Morgan Stanley? It could kill it.”

The three-notch-downgrade death blow did not materialize. Moody’s went easy on MS and issued it a two-notch downgrade. Some reports are saying that this action will force MS to cough up nearly $7 billion in extra margin requirements for open positions with others in the banking mafia, since its ratings/collateral aren’t “worthy” as they were yesterday.

Here is a summary of the report…

Bank of America L-T senior unsecured debt cut to Baa2 from Baa1, outlook negative.
Barclays L-T issuer rating cut to A3 from A1, outlook negatuve
Citigroup L-T senior debt cut to Baa2 from A3, outlook negative
Credit Suisse Group L-T deposit, senior rating cut to A1 from Aa1, outlook stable
Goldman Sachs Group L-T senior unsecured debt cut to A3 from A1, outlook negative
HSBC Holdings L-T senior debt cut to Aa3 from Aa2, outlook negative
JPMorgan Chase L-T senior debt cut to A2 from Aa3, outlook negative
Morgan Stanley L-T senior unsecured debt cut to Baa1 from A2, outlook negative
Royal Bank of Scotland Group L-T senior debt cut to Baa1 from A3, outlook negative
Royal Bank of Scotland plc L-T deposit rating cut to A3 from A2, outlook negative
BNP Paribas L-T debt, deposit rating cut to A2 from Aa3, outlook stable
Credit Agricole L-T debt, deposit rating cut to A2 from Aa3, outlook negative
Royal Bank of Canada L-T deposit rating cut to Aa3 from Aa1, outlook stable
Societe Generale L-T debt, deposit cut to A2 from A1, outlook stable
UBS L-T debt, deposit cut to A2 from Aa3, outlook stable
Deutsche Bank AG L-T deposit rating cut to A2 from Aa3, outlook stable

Won’t it be loads of fun when Moody’s, Fitch, S&P, and Eagan Jones downgrade the USA again this summer, from the USA to the USSA.

Good times…good times…

Trade well and follow the trend, not the so-called “experts.”

aquarian1 
Point Roberts, WA, USA

Friday - fishing

Gallery - Rebecca Lynn: Ravishing | American Curves Magazine

Last Updated on January 2, 2021

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts