NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

A guide to trend trading in its simplest form.

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one jinhar with 120 posts (591 thanks)
    2. looks_two Slack with 7 posts (10 thanks)
    3. looks_3 trs3042 with 5 posts (13 thanks)
    4. looks_4 mxphytlx with 5 posts (3 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one ThatManFromTexas with 12.5 thanks per post
    2. looks_two jinhar with 4.9 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 trs3042 with 2.6 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Slack with 1.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 60,473 views
    2. thumb_up 722 thanks given
    3. group 93 followers
    1. forum 207 posts
    2. attach_file 63 attachments

Search this Thread

A guide to trend trading in its simplest form.

eman 
Galveston ,TX

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NT7
Broker: Zaner
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 364
Thanks Received: 435

just caught up with your thread ... nicely done, indeed. thanks for taking the time to share.

cheers,
-e

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
17 thanks

jinhar 
mumbai maharashtra/india

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Ninja
Trading: Crue/Tf
Thanks Given: 23
Thanks Received: 764

Superdoug3 View Post
with your Setup A and D, is this what is called a consolidation strategy ?

No clues about that .. Sorry.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

jinhar 
mumbai maharashtra/india

Did not trade yesterday due to dental appointment. Today took an A setup short at 86 area for 20 ticks and was done. Still trading on tick charts. Hope you all are having some nice trades.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	13.png
Views:	458
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	36488  
Thanked by:

Mercury 
PU , India

Platform: Ninja Trader
Trading: Nifty Futures
Thanks Given: 148
Thanks Received: 35

Hello J,
u hv done ths Thread very nicely, made it easy to understand by explaining step by step. Thnx for it..will try to come up with Nifty Future examples.

Regards,
Mercury

Thanked by:

jinhar 
mumbai maharashtra/india

Mercury View Post
Hello J,
u hv done ths Thread very nicely, made it easy to understand by explaining step by step. Thnx for it..will try to come up with Nifty Future examples.

Regards,
Mercury

Excellent , Will love your feedback on how it works with indian nifty.

Thanked by:
 Buddy 
BC Canada

Platform: Several
Trading: Stocks, Currency
Thanks Given: 29
Thanks Received: 4

Hi;
Very nice work. Easy to read as well.Thank you so much for the useful info and your time spent.
Best Regards
Buddy

Thanked by:

jinhar 
mumbai maharashtra/india

So now that you have a system designed , you done all kind of testing with it and it gives you amazing result , so does that mean you found the holy grail or you are now master in the art of trading ? Think again. i hardly think so ... to have a system that works and produces result is not the holy grail its far from it .. system its just 10% of your success the rest 90% depends on your mental strength how you visualize trading and how you define every little aspect of it for your self , how well you understand the method .. So What the hell i am talking about out here ? Well i am talking about this .. after you think you are ready with your system start defining the following or better start visualizing the following,

What do you want out of trading at the end of 12 months ?
Why do you want to become a trader ?
How are you gonna complete your goal at the end of 12 month ?
What will be your daily Targets ?
What will be your daily stop loss?
What will be your stop loss per trade?
What kind of trader you want to become ?
How many hours a day you want to trade?
What will be your daily trading hours ?
At what point in the day you will quit if you have string of losers ? same with week and month ?

you can add more to the above list if you like but you need to visualize this each and every day before you start trading without failing ... that will help you a lot daily as it will always keep you in check of your trading will help you follow your plan will remind you y you wanted to become a trader in 1st place .. and that my friends is how you come about to become a master trader .. Master trader does not mean having a perfect system ... Master trader means a trader who knows his trading who can trade his way out of all kind of different situation and at the end of the day still have a smile on his face rather then anger who can enjoy most of his day with his family instead of sitting in front of the comp for most of the time and trying to crack the code of making the holy grail in trading ... Master trader at the end of the day is the trader who is happy with it his trading no matter what and has all the single detailed defined visualize and is disciplined enough to follow it daily .. I hope you follow the above steps and bring about the necessary change in your trading ... All the best to you all ..

Best regards
Jinhar

jinhar 
mumbai maharashtra/india

Continuation from the above post .. Without knowing the answers to the above basic questions your trading is of no point as its same as Going out of the home with your keys and driving around in your car without knowing the destination same with trading if you dont know where you want to be at the end of the 12 months with your trading or what your daily goal is ? stops is etc it's not worth trading. As some point or the other you will be lost and thats when you start making mistake as you start challenging your self for fun or do something else and then start hurting your account. For example when i started out i dint knew the above so after working out the Trend method system which you all know by know from this thread i started trading live after 2 weeks of success i got bored as i dint knew where i want to go and what was enuff so in my boredom i started challenging my self to go for larger daily targets and what that end out to be was not at all pretty at the end of few weeks i was down a lot and completely exhausted as that turned out for me to be trading lot more then i can handle and i made huge losses on daily basis and once you do that you dont know when to stop because in your mind you will only remember the challenge to make more ticks and not the goal of y you are trading ? This is just a single example from what happened with me ... you might have exp something different . So Stop for a day and start visualizing the above questions and add if you like to it but before trading each day you should know why you want to become a trader ? and where you are headed with your trading account each and every day before sitting on the comp to trade .. Remind yourself of that and your mind will be ready for anything the market does as you will be prepared.

Thanks

sharmas 
Auckland

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Ninja Trader
Broker: Zen-Fire
Trading: CL and ES
Thanks Given: 3,822
Thanks Received: 750

Hope you dont mind

here is a great start for a great thread.

sharmas

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

sinisa 
Melbourne, Australia

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: IG Markets
Trading: EUR?USD,AU/USD
Thanks Given: 10
Thanks Received: 42

I am very new to this site, but this thread took my attention. I would like to add to Jinhar's post about the system, everything that he mentioned and more is actually and must be part of any system. Setups and exits are just a component in the trading framework. And i would like to say that to master the trading one must learn to adaptive, and for me the most important was change in attitude that my trading day starts with i will take what market gives me, rather than i must make x pips today or x $$. This shift has enabled me to see markets clearer. I guess for me there are always two pre-conditions, i must be ready to trade and market must be tradeable as well.

Great thread and thank you for the effort

Thanked by:

Last Updated on May 22, 2013

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts