NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

A guide to trend trading in its simplest form.

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one jinhar with 120 posts (591 thanks)
    2. looks_two Slack with 7 posts (10 thanks)
    3. looks_3 trs3042 with 5 posts (13 thanks)
    4. looks_4 mxphytlx with 5 posts (3 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one ThatManFromTexas with 12.5 thanks per post
    2. looks_two jinhar with 4.9 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 trs3042 with 2.6 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Slack with 1.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 60,612 views
    2. thumb_up 722 thanks given
    3. group 93 followers
    1. forum 207 posts
    2. attach_file 63 attachments

Search this Thread

A guide to trend trading in its simplest form.

jinhar 
mumbai maharashtra/india

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Ninja
Trading: Crue/Tf
Thanks Given: 23
Thanks Received: 764

Started off with a failure D setup .. which is very very rare .. Then shifted too longs and gave 2 A setups .. one failed then again shifted too short and gave another A setup .. Hope you all had a nice trading day . !!!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Feb 8 Crude review.png
Views:	312
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	30326  
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
28 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Diary of a simple price action trader
21 thanks
My NQ Trading Journal
14 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
9 thanks

jinhar 
mumbai maharashtra/india

Another beautiful setup .. on a straight forward day .. Nice A setup.. hehe done for the day within few mins.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Feb 9 Euro short.png
Views:	275
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	30408  

jinhar 
mumbai maharashtra/india

i was talking with few friends of mine and basically this topic came up .. what to do when you lost your mojo . some of you may think it wont happen to you . some of you are in this situation and some have been .. but in any case this are just my exp .. how i dealt and i still deal with this kind of situation and being a trend trader .. This is wad i have to face every now and then .. 1st thing any one does is start questioning there method there whole belief system and wad not they will start adding different indicators they will start going through different systems and what not .. i know that i have done that more then i can remember 1st while learning swing trading and then 15months learning scalping and start making stupid unwanted mistakes and start breaking all there rules, so what to do when you are in a situation where you cant hit a winner well SIMPLIFY .. thats the most powerful word in trading SIMPLIFY .. the reason for going in such a phase are many maybe you are not thinking right maybe you are trying something different maybe you are just over confident .. doesn't matter simplify go back to basics take as less trades as possible and by that i dont mean come to your desk and take a trade and go no if you trade for 2hrs each day come to your desk and watch the markets and look for the most basic stuff which made you money look at live action and then take a single trade on that basic principle doesn't matter if can be something as simple as double bottom double top or bounce of an ma or support resistance just basic trading go back to stuff where it all started for you .. do that for few days and automatically your mojo will come back and you will start hitting your peak .. Remember mind is like any other machine you overload it with stuff its gonna stop working at peak performance .. To make it working again you need to reduce the load .. so again just SIMPLIFY... Hope it helps

Best regards
Jinhar

Slack
California

Thanks Given: 25
Thanks Received: 42

I have to say, your KISS method has brought me closer to profitability than any other method I tried. I think this is related, too, but my best trades have always been with a minimal amount of thinking -- just observe and then react.

One time I accidentally pressed the Buy button on the wrong currency pair. After a few seconds I realized my mistake, opened the chart that had the trade on, and closed it. Decided it looked like a good short, so entered a new order and recovered my loss in about 3 minutes. No indicators, no deep thinking, just go.

jinhar 
mumbai maharashtra/india

Slack View Post
I have to say, your KISS method has brought me closer to profitability than any other method I tried. I think this is related, too, but my best trades have always been with a minimal amount of thinking -- just observe and then react.

One time I accidentally pressed the Buy button on the wrong currency pair. After a few seconds I realized my mistake, opened the chart that had the trade on, and closed it. Decided it looked like a good short, so entered a new order and recovered my loss in about 3 minutes. No indicators, no deep thinking, just go.

See specially for small traders like us trading is equivalent to surviving ... the simpler it is the more better .. also .. see in trading every tick there are buyers and sellers .. So there is a reason for doing both .. So if you think more and more you are gonna get confused as your brains will think all sorts of reason to go long and it will go for all sorts of reason to go short on the same area thats what i do if i start to think while trading. .. the best trades as you said are the once which are clearer and dont require you to think .. thats y u have different setups .. with small rules so whenever you see the one you are used to you just hit the button and not think .. .. The less you think while trading the better.. So only thing i can tell is practice .. it will take few more weeks at the least for you to finding your zone .. always remember after you have changed even a small thing on ur chart or ur methodology or ur thinking you need to give it time .. or else it wont work . happy trading

Best regards
jinhar

tickvix 
USA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Infinity
Broker: Infinity
Trading: ES, Euro
Thanks Given: 137
Thanks Received: 157

jinhar View Post
Another beautiful setup .. on a straight forward day .. Nice A setup.. hehe done for the day within few mins.

Thank you for very nice posts!!! May I please ask you for a bit of help. Could you please when able add time of entry to your chart.
I think I can see it on the bottom, but numbers are so small I cannot see it very well. I just like to line up your set up with my set ups since I trade with trend also.
Thank you for your help,

Gregory

Thanked by:

jinhar 
mumbai maharashtra/india

tickvix View Post
Thank you for very nice posts!!! May I please ask you for a bit of help. Could you please when able add time of entry to your chart.
I think I can see it on the bottom, but numbers are so small I cannot see it very well. I just like to line up your set up with my set ups since I trade with trend also.
Thank you for your help,

Gregory

Will do .. :

jinhar 
mumbai maharashtra/india

Traded the rare D setup today . I just love this setup .. Will post review from us sessions later on .. Thanks

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Feb 10 D short.png
Views:	320
Size:	81.3 KB
ID:	30557  
Thanked by:

jinhar 
mumbai maharashtra/india

As it was Friday i wanted to quit early .. came to trade at usual time but markets were all shooting down so decided not to trade today as market had already moved a lot in the south .. and i did not wanted to wait for new trend to start .. So hope you all had nice session .. I will try to do the review today or else tomorrow.

Best Regards
Jinhar

jinhar 
mumbai maharashtra/india

There were 3 beautiful A setup's during us session .. Hope you all having a great weekend.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	feb 11 euro review.png
Views:	240
Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	30783  
Thanked by:

Last Updated on May 22, 2013

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts