NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Gios Trade Ideas

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one gio5959 with 582 posts (87 thanks)
    2. looks_two Silvester17 with 141 posts (21 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Eric j with 103 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 TAJTrades with 56 posts (5 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one cclsys with 0.9 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 0.4 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 gio5959 with 0.1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Silvester17 with 0.1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 162,301 views
    2. thumb_up 152 thanks given
    3. group 21 followers
    1. forum 1,034 posts
    2. attach_file 105 attachments

Search this Thread

Gios Trade Ideas

gio5959 
Chiron

Experience: None
Platform: ninjatrader
Broker: Amp Futures/Zen-Fire
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 25
Thanks Received: 155

Silvester17 View Post
I've seen one earlier, around dead zone. not sure yet, but based on today's action I'm not going short anymore.

didnt notice the time of day - the proggie puters shud be turned off now

flat now and poof for the day

c ya

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Increase in trading performance by 75%
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
34 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
18 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
16 thanks
Vinny E-Mini & Algobox Review TRADE ROOM
13 thanks

Silvester17 
Columbus, OH
Market Wizard

Platform: NT 8, TOS
Thanks Given: 5,139
Thanks Received: 11,527

gio5959 View Post
didnt notice the time of day - the proggie puters shud be turned off now

flat now and poof for the day

c ya

didn't go short, but long. had another bullish inside bar. 1106.50

Hapster 
San Diego, California

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader, Felton
Trading: CL, GC
Thanks Given: 40
Thanks Received: 81

Hey, Mike...

We're doing a Third Annual family cruise (my wife, my folks, and my sister) on the Mexican Riviera out of L.A. -- actually it leaves post-Thanksgiving on Saturday. Been to Mexico so many times, this one is pretty much stay on the ship and veg out for a week. I'm bringing Brooks' price action book along and plan on having some time to sit and digest it LOL.

We've also got the Caribbean booked in late Feb. Have been there before a few times, but there are a few new ports we haven't been to. Plus, Princess's Jerkolo Club deal was just too irresistible to pass up, not to mention a use-it-or-lose-it Southwest credit that's gonna expire. The planets were in alignment. (That's for Gio...good trading today, Dude.....glad ya got yer money back).

Cheers.... H

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,214
Thanks Received: 101,599

Hapster View Post
Hey, Mike...

We're doing a Third Annual family cruise (my wife, my folks, and my sister) on the Mexican Riviera out of L.A. -- actually it leaves post-Thanksgiving on Saturday. Been to Mexico so many times, this one is pretty much stay on the ship and veg out for a week. I'm bringing Brooks' price action book along and plan on having some time to sit and digest it LOL.

We've also got the Caribbean booked in late Feb. Have been there before a few times, but there are a few new ports we haven't been to. Plus, Princess's Jerkolo Club deal was just too irresistible to pass up, not to mention a use-it-or-lose-it Southwest credit that's gonna expire. The planets were in alignment. (That's for Gio...good trading today, Dude.....glad ya got yer money back).

Cheers.... H

Awesome! I expect lots of pictures when you get back. I've been eyeballing the Oasis of the Seas, but trying to decide if I really want to be on a ship that big...

But I digress, we should continue this in off-topic.

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
 gio5959 
Chiron

Hapster View Post
Hey, Mike...

Cheers.... H

thanks - had lady luck on my side today - and big help from our friend silvester17

summer breaks were awesome in blacks beach then get drunk in tj - ah, the old college days

Thanked by:

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Gio,

Can you share some wisdom regarding the following topics:

- Moving stops further away after entry
- Doubling up after a losing trade
- Multi-target, x ticks to T1, xx ticks to T2, runner T3 type thing
- What you do after taking a stop

I ask because I think it will help a lot of traders reading this thread.

Mike

gio5959 
Chiron

Big Mike View Post
Gio,

Can you share some wisdom regarding the following topics:

I ask because I think it will help a lot of traders reading this thread.

Mike

first, im humbled you would ask me for my 2 cents

i will respond only if others chime in and give their 2 cents - and yes, that means you george

i will start off first on your first question - but, let me say its not text book and its not quoting some jerk thats never traded

i want everyone that's going to chime in to agree to respond first

so, who ever is going to give their 2 cents acknowledge that they will now

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

gio5959 View Post
first, im humbled you would ask me for my 2 cents

i will respond only if others chime in and give their 2 cents - and yes, that means you george

i will start off first on your first question - but, let me say its not text book and its not quoting some jerk thats never traded

i want everyone that's going to chime in to agree to respond first

so, who ever is going to give their 2 cents acknowledge that they will now

Be nice to George. You two have a difference of opinion, nothing more, so no need to make it more.

I agree to your "terms".

Big Mike View Post

For me:
- I have long since learned to NEVER move a stop further way after entry. I haven't done it in at least a year. Trading is hard enough, making decisions while INSIDE a trade are that much more difficult to get right, you should have those things worked out BEFORE you enter a position. So while I am using larger stops these days when trading CL, I never move a stop backwards "hoping" it will go my way at some point.

- I never double up. I did it a handful of times a couple of years ago (not since) and in every single instance it ended up being one of my worst days ever.

- It is easier to lose your ass when trading lots of contracts, but it's also easier to make your nut with multiple cars too. So basically it all comes down to wisdom, with which requires experience and discipline. Trading 3 to 4 targets can be so much easier than trading one, but you've got to be far enough along in your trading journey to do it right. I like to make my first target relatively small, maybe 6-8 ticks on CL, and second target is about 16 to 20 ticks, third target is a runner that I try to leave on as long as possible, often it gets 50 ticks or more.

- Taking stops: again, this is where wisdom is crucial. It's also important to have this scenario worked out and well rehearsed prior to "game time", for the same reason I mentioned before --- it is not smart (and very hard to do right) to make decisions in the heat of battle. You need to have your plan before going into battle, and stick with it, at least until the battle is over. Then you can revise your ultimate War plan if the battle didn't go well. Taking stops is part of trading, and often times if you force yourself to arbitrarily take a 10 minute break, etc, you miss perfect trades. So for me, I have no rule to walk away after a single stop, but instead my rule is to be able to explain why I got stopped, and if I can't, then I don't trade until I can or until enough movement has occurred that the trade is now well behind us. If you can't see the chop, if you can't see the reversals, if you can't see POC's or pressure points and etc, entering the next trade is the wrong decision. So for me, if I take a stop, it usually means I was wrong about the direction. Not wrong about not being in chop, not wrong about S/R levels, etc. Just got in at a very bad time, didn't get to my targets, and flat got stopped. It happens, but I will take a trade 2 bars later if I can convince myself I clearly see everything in front of me and have identified the reason I was stopped in the last trade.

Looking forward to yours, Gio.

Mike

gio5959 
Chiron

on the first question

when i put on a trade i have an automatic 3 point stop - the only reason i do that is so if i lose my internet connection and i get stopped out i only lose 3 points - of course, i can call my broker, who answers the fone on the first ring, to pull the trade - but i dont take any chances cuz i trade many contracts

i have a predetermined place/zone (price) where i intend to do battle such as a support or resist level or a certain price pattern or in my case a certain astro occurence - but, the price moves so dang fast sometiimes and i might be taking heat on what/where i expected to happen

so, the answer is , hell yes, i move my stop - just cus i move my stop doesnt mean that i screwed up - just means theres more wriggle room that i thot there would be when i put the order in - i have so much faith in what the hell im doing that i know i will win - if you dont have faith in your trade then you're just plain gambling and might as well just throw crap on the wall and see if it sticks

that brings to mind - you need to have some emperical evidence (whew big words) in what you are doing or else dont trade it real and stick to sim trading

about george - hey, he started it

Thanked by:
 gio5959 
Chiron

goldilocks - wrote to your dad

warm him some good-for-nothing drunk nam vet is writting to him - and not a bill collector

lol

Last Updated on December 28, 2010

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts