NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Gios Trade Ideas

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one gio5959 with 582 posts (87 thanks)
    2. looks_two Silvester17 with 141 posts (21 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Eric j with 103 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 TAJTrades with 56 posts (5 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one cclsys with 0.9 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 0.4 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 gio5959 with 0.1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Silvester17 with 0.1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 161,259 views
    2. thumb_up 152 thanks given
    3. group 21 followers
    1. forum 1,034 posts
    2. attach_file 105 attachments

Search this Thread

Gios Trade Ideas

Silvester17 
Columbus, OH
Market Wizard

Experience: None
Platform: NT 8, TOS
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 5,139
Thanks Received: 11,527

gio5959 View Post
silvestor17 - that site has some good stuff on working with deltas

of course , as you know, 'they' do tons of head fakes and then jump out the way so if you're not knowledgable about bid/ask ratios you could get hurt or a nice hair cut

but , im preaching to the choir cause you sure as heck know more than i ever will

thanks a lot, but the truth goes the other way. I wish I had your knowledge.

you're absolutely right about the deltas. I just like their TPO. helps me identify possible sup and res zones.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
Build trailing stop for micro index(s)
Psychology and Money Management
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
37 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
23 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks
The Program
19 thanks

Silvester17 
Columbus, OH
Market Wizard

Hapster View Post
Hey, guys....

Well, a few charts up here, all ending on Friday, all SPX Cash index (underlying the futures). I've got a daily, the weekly, and the monthly, with a few annotations. It's up till it ain't up anymore. Duh. I decided to dovetail on Gio's thread -- if he doesn't mind -- since he's obviously a much better trader than I -- and I think people read his threads more than they read mine LOL.

Everyone's looking at the same charts and the market's climbing that slow wall of worry. The economic fundamentals IMO don't warrant this continued move, but the market speaks for itself; right? I want to agree that this move is long overdone, but I think what's going to finally break this thing is going to be news/event-driven. Till then, I still don't want to be long stock in a long-term portfolio, I'm still shorting spikes (on an intraday basis only). All one has to do is take a look at the stochastics in these timeframes and see how overbought everything is. But they're going to keep running in the shorts as long as they can, till they can't any longer. I think these pundits talking about 12,000 Dow and 1,200 SP are nuts, but anything can happen. If it happens this year, I think that is just going to make it even scarier on the downside than if it were to happen next year after relieving this overbought condition.

Anyhow, just a few thoughts.

Cheers.... H

I think you're absolutely right. well written, good job. one thing I learned is the market is always right, if it makes sence or not.

gio5959 
Chiron

Platform: ninjatrader
Broker: Amp Futures/Zen-Fire
Thanks Given: 25
Thanks Received: 155

Hapster View Post
Hey, guys....

Well, a few charts up here, all ending on Friday, all SPX Cash index (underlying the futures). I've got a daily, the weekly, and the monthly, with a few annotations. It's up till it ain't up anymore. Duh. I decided to dovetail on Gio's thread -- if he doesn't mind -- since he's obviously a much better trader than I -- and I think people read his threads more than they read mine LOL.

Everyone's looking at the same charts and the market's climbing that slow wall of worry. The economic fundamentals IMO don't warrant this continued move, but the market speaks for itself; right? I want to agree that this move is long overdone, but I think what's going to finally break this thing is going to be news/event-driven. Till then, I still don't want to be long stock in a long-term portfolio, I'm still shorting spikes (on an intraday basis only). All one has to do is take a look at the stochastics in these timeframes and see how overbought everything is. But they're going to keep running in the shorts as long as they can, till they can't any longer. I think these pundits talking about 12,000 Dow and 1,200 SP are nuts, but anything can happen. If it happens this year, I think that is just going to make it even scarier on the downside than if it were to happen next year after relieving this overbought condition.

Cheers.... H

hapster

first, allow me to say that i totally respect your foresight and intuitive approach to the market - your posts are well heeded

second, thank you for coming over and please feel at home and this is not Gio's thread - this is our thread where we can share trading info and hopefully good trading info

third and most importantly, i pick the cowboys over greenbay tomorrow

in the world series i had the angels and dodgers to go to the series and they both got killed - dangit

ciao

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Hapster 
San Diego, California

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader, Felton
Trading: CL, GC
Thanks Given: 40
Thanks Received: 81

gio5959 View Post
hapster

in the world series i had the angels and dodgers to go to the series and they both got killed - dangit

ciao

Thanks, Gio!!

P.S.: Stick to trading, dude.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 gio5959 
Chiron

Hapster View Post
Stick to trading, dude.

roflmao - my bookie disagrees with you

before i shut this puter down for the day - let me share a 5min chart of the es with you guys

now, i have to admit i didnt see this is in real time - it was only after-the-fact that i saw it

but, dang - is this something we shud all be on the look out for and maybe alert each other if we see this developing/happening in real time???

poof

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	flags go off.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	4481  
 Eric j 
NY

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Esignal, MBT navigator
Trading: Currencies
Thanks Given: 1,396
Thanks Received: 2,576

Hapster View Post
Hey, guys....

Cheers.... H

I read your posts hap , very interesting way of seeing things . The spreadsheets you got are really interesting thanks for sharing all that stuff . All yall are lightyears ahead of me .

TheWizard 
Houston, TX
Market Wizard

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Optimus Futures, AMP, CQG
Trading: 6E
Thanks Given: 517
Thanks Received: 4,224

Hapster View Post
Hey, guys....

Cheers.... H

Thanks, Hap. I agree. The Government announced last December that we were in a "recession". As a small business owner, I could have told them that back in February. I've been telling people all year long that 2010 is going to be worse. Tighten your belts. If you're in any mutual funds. Now would be a great time to exit them - entirely. Put your $$ in .... Well I would have said CD's, but more & more banks are failing and the FDIC is nearly bankrupt. Cash in a shoebox under the bed doesn't sound too far-fetched at this point. John Mauldin recently had a post saying the "true" unemployment rate is 17.5% or more. Did you know if you are unemployed & "haven't looked for work (because there's none out there) in the last 30 days", the government doesn't count you in the unemployment figures? AND they don't count those who have taken part-time jobs (because they have to eat) as "unemployed". We've exported our jobs to China, mortgaged our country to China & import all our cheap plastic junk we absolutely cannot live without - from -China! Can't get jobs & now we're supposed to pay all that back with interest. Out of what? Buy American, if you can, my friends. I got into a discussion about this recently with a friend who had bought a "Ford". I told him they're made in Canada & Mexico. The only Americans he supported were the dealership & the big wigs at Ford. Buy a Toyota, at least they're made here! Do your research. Help your fellow Americans. The current markets are unsustainable at these levels. The next big hole in the ground is going to be commercial real estate / commercial real estate lenders. Watch 'em start going belly-up one after the other. Time for another bailout. But are we really prepared for the alternative to no bailout? Ok, time to get off the soapbox now.

After all, it's what you learn AFTER you know it all, that counts!
Thanked by:

Silvester17 
Columbus, OH
Market Wizard

TheWizard View Post
Thanks, Hap. I agree. The Government announced last December that we were in a "recession". As a small business owner, I could have told them that back in February. I've been telling people all year long that 2010 is going to be worse. Tighten your belts. If you're in any mutual funds. Now would be a great time to exit them - entirely. Put your $$ in .... Well I would have said CD's, but more & more banks are failing and the FDIC is nearly bankrupt. Cash in a shoebox under the bed doesn't sound too far-fetched at this point. John Mauldin recently had a post saying the "true" unemployment rate is 17.5% or more. Did you know if you are unemployed & "haven't looked for work (because there's none out there) in the last 30 days", the government doesn't count you in the unemployment figures? AND they don't count those who have taken part-time jobs (because they have to eat) as "unemployed". We've exported our jobs to China, mortgaged our country to China & import all our cheap plastic junk we absolutely cannot live without - from -China! Can't get jobs & now we're supposed to pay all that back with interest. Out of what? Buy American, if you can, my friends. I got into a discussion about this recently with a friend who had bought a "Ford". I told him they're made in Canada & Mexico. The only Americans he supported were the dealership & the big wigs at Ford. Buy a Toyota, at least they're made here! Do your research. Help your fellow Americans. The current markets are unsustainable at these levels. The next big hole in the ground is going to be commercial real estate / commercial real estate lenders. Watch 'em start going belly-up one after the other. Time for another bailout. But are we really prepared for the alternative to no bailout? Ok, time to get off the soapbox now.

I don't want to turn this in a big debate. but I would like to show you a different view. do you think we would be better off without China? the answer is no. who else would buy our treasuries? exporting jobs to China because it's cheapier? wrong. China has THE economy (biggest growth). and we can't afford not to be present. in order to compete, the multis need to open offices, factories or whatever in China. of course in return we have to buy their stuff. that's called trade. I have to laugh when I hear about shipping jobs overseas. what about all the foreigners creating jobs here? I guess it's not the same thing. what's good for me, doesn't have to be good for you, right? politics is a very sensitive subject, and I believe everybody should be entitled to his/her own opinion. we have that freedom here and we should be proud of it.

gio5959 
Chiron

if anyone needs me to explain this 'harmonic' chart of the dow

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	if you need me to explain this chart.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	113.7 KB
ID:	4521  

Hapster 
San Diego, California

Platform: NinjaTrader, Felton
Trading: CL, GC
Thanks Given: 40
Thanks Received: 81

Just an explanation as to how you derive the dates and times would be nice

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Last Updated on December 28, 2010

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts