NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

My way of trading - Robertczeko

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Robertczeko with 98 posts (245 thanks)
    2. looks_two bluemele with 14 posts (13 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 10 posts (12 thanks)
    4. looks_4 spartacus with 8 posts (16 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Robertczeko with 2.5 thanks per post
    2. looks_two spartacus with 2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 1.2 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 bluemele with 0.9 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 23,648 views
    2. thumb_up 295 thanks given
    3. group 5 followers
    1. forum 135 posts
    2. attach_file 155 attachments

Search this Thread

My way of trading - Robertczeko

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: ATC/TT, AMP/Zen-Fire, AMP/CQG
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 3,803
Thanks Received: 2,842

Robertczeko View Post
good evening, afternoon, morning,

so I am done for today. Almost hit daily goal, but one trade missed, which would bring me to my perfect-traders heaven...just for couple minutes . During my session market went up, so I was looking only for long trades. Full of optimism, no stress and enough concentration - this was my positive properties for today. And I feel, that it might remain for next day too.

I re-wrote my plan, didnt make changes, only better explained to myself all steps. When I looked at my first page of this journal, where I describe my trading method, it is really in shortcut and couple points dont make a sense to me..in couple day I will update it.

But now lets go back to my trades

nr.1 i took this trade on the second pullback after crossing ema50 on RB6,RB12, but there was not enough action. When I finished the trade with moved sl according to a plan, it moved strongly up.
nr.2 I canceled this entry, it turned down and up very quickly and I was not able to jump in. I dont like to enter trade later, when I miss my entry point. I take this as a mistake - missed trade
nr.3 after new cross price above EMA50 on RB6 I saw this strong pullback and jumped in. It gave me a little bonus +3 ticks slip on PT.

I was looking forward to take another trades, but no more signals. Now we have nice movements almost all trading time, but I feel, that my weak place will be during less activity.

R.

Nice clean system. I am learning from you. This system is very similar to another system that I did for about 6 months except it had like 5 MA's. I like the Bollinger, but guessing it is the midpoint of the BB right?

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Build trailing stop for micro index(s)
Psychology and Money Management
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
36 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
25 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
19 thanks
The Program
18 thanks

Robertczeko 
FM, Czech Republic

Platform: MT4
Broker: IC Markets
Trading: forex trader
Thanks Given: 219
Thanks Received: 264

to Bluemele:

It is nice, that it could help you. Yes, I am using only middle bollinger band, it is very sensitive and it helps me to spot "right" place for entering into the trade and for exit too (I hope, that it is visible on chart). I tried trend lines, which could "predict" continuing route, but I didnt like it as mid.BBand. I have to say, that after entering the trade I am only looking at developing price on chart with HMA21 and BBands. When I tried to be focused on all charts during trade it had opposite effect.

My next level is to stay concentrated on searching stronger signals at higher t-frame (for me it is RB6) , I think, that I will be more calm and I will take signals only, when market is trending, on RB3 I didnt follow so much higher t-frames and didnt have good overview. I need also clear definition for chop zone, still missing this and it makes me not sure in couple situations during session. I should say, that it is opposite of trend description, but I need some kind of exact formula for myself.

It is critical for me to reduce all mistakes to minimum, then I could be profitable. I have to pick all mistakes and learn from them. I will try to describe it more..

R.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Robertczeko 
FM, Czech Republic

I didnt know, that someone bought for me a ticket on a roller coaster . It was hard to grab right rhythm of market, I almost gave it up, but I tried couple valid signals and the final result is not bad and not a perfect, according to actual situation on CL and my experience I should be happy.

I focused more on RB12 chart and I found that many dead zones with non-working signals are around EMA50 gathered into congestion, or how to call it. I will try to research more these areas.

I took all trades in short way, before I started, price bounced from 99,95. For a while I was thinking about prediction of next movement ( yeah, it will pass 100, everybody is talking about it ) , then I rather followed charts.

Trades

nr.1 bounce of price from EMA50, but it didnt work. I was happy to move my sl enough fast
nr.2 the same as nr.1
nr.3 I took trade on 1st pullback of new move, beginning was not very convincing, but then it moved my way

I am looking forward on tommorow. so I wish you good night in czech language "dobrou noc"

R.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CL 04-11 23_2_2011.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	204.9 KB
ID:	31669   Click image for larger version

Name:	vypis 23_2.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	18.8 KB
ID:	31670  
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Robertczeko 
FM, Czech Republic

But I guess, that many skilled traders are very happy during these days. I tried to become also one of them, still missing calm mind during very dynamic moves, thats why I dont have today profitable day..

Trades

nr.1 it was first pullback after entering downtrend, but I jumped too early.
nr.2 still looking for better entry around first pullback - I found it and it could be nice, clear PT, price just jumped over my order to close position, so I did manualy with moved sl..that was not nice
nr.3 another "pullback" , I didnt spot, that market is in sideway move
nr.4 bounce from EMA50 didnt work, price was maybe too low and I had no chance to take some money
nr.5 last chance to get it back...not clever entry and it was my finish - 3x loss in a row.

What to say, I am not fed-up, because I finally recognized why is CL such a beast in field of markets. I have to remember these days.

R.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	CL 04-11 24_2_2011.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	198.2 KB
ID:	31754   Click image for larger version

Name:	vypis 24_2.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	27.4 KB
ID:	31755  
Thanked by:

Robertczeko 
FM, Czech Republic

hello traders,

I traded yesterday sooner than I usually do, but it didnt bring me better results.

I see, that I am not doing enough to be profitable.. I have a strategy based on trend-following, clear definition when to take a trade ( entry signal ) , I should be able to manage trade to exit without hesitation, but I see in my results really poor percent profitable around 30% . I think, that I still dont have a good sense to recognize when to enter the trade, maybe my exits are too weak, I should be more aggressive with moving sl in my favour. Or I could switch on another market... this all are only my thoughts nothing specific, I am not going to blindly change my system, etc. until I will be sure, that my path is completely wrong. This is just a refection of couple loosing days in a row , I know, that I will fix my mind and start to work on myself again.

I think, that I am missing more objective view on market, I am still watching how it is doing new waves, highs and lows, but many other informations I am not picking up as I should. When I look again on my trades from yesterday, I see that I was completely wrong with my decisions. I am always trying to simplify everything as much as I can, but sometimes it can be counter-productive.

Trades

nr.1 I entered on 2nd candle after bounce from EMA50, I think that I am still too much sticked on RB3 looking for confirmation, I feel fine on this little chart during managing trade because I can early recognize, when it has no chance to stay longer in trade. But in this case I did a mistake, I moved too much my sl, I would finish it with couple ticks above zero
nr.2 entry on first pullback, here is the situation about non-objective entry into the market, my bad
nr.3 same as nr.1

Tommorow I will be back with more informations about my next steps...but now, lets go to Hungary, to warm up in spa

have a nice weekend

R.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	CL 04-11 25_2_2011.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	205.6 KB
ID:	31892   Click image for larger version

Name:	vypis 25_2.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	18.5 KB
ID:	31893  
Thanked by:

Robertczeko 
FM, Czech Republic

hi traders,

so here we have the last day of february. During beginning of my session was market in not very active mood, but I didnt realize it so soon. After first trade I looked again on charts to find some clues of last activity and tried to "predict" next possible steps. Supply/demand zones helped me a lot, I could comfortably jump in the huge short at the end.

I feel, that I am still on right path, just need more thinking about my decisions while trading, I am such a type of human - first react, then think..not good in this kind of business as I can see .
I finished this month on 0$ profit as last month, which indicates to me, that if I will dismantle most of my mistake - trade - decisions I could finish it finally above zero. Maybe I have too high requirements on me, I could finish trading after achieving first profit target, than trying to get more of it ( I reached only once a daily goal *240$* for this month ). Or I might to set a rule of max. 3 trades/day as it is here recommended by Mike and others, but I see that I had only 2 days in month more trades than 3 per day. Hmm, I have too many options in my mind , I will make a decision what to do.

I have observed, that I am still changing in very little steps my system, which might be not good, but I cant help myself.. I would like to modify some rules, or approach for realizing trades. I dont want to completely remake it, you will see tommorow more details about it. I am focused on entering trade and picking "right" places for trades..

R.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	CL 04-11 28_2_2011.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	200.2 KB
ID:	32101   Click image for larger version

Name:	vypis 28_2.jpg
Size:	9.4 KB
ID:	32102   Click image for larger version

Name:	CL_feb.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	186.0 KB
ID:	32103   Click image for larger version

Name:	CL_real_ideal.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	131.6 KB
ID:	32104  
Thanked by:

Robertczeko 
FM, Czech Republic

Hello traders,

I tried my best yesterday...and I didnt make any trade during last hour. At the beginning was market in range, hanged between two close zones of supply and demand. Sellers won for a while, but longterm uptrend continued - at this time I was prepared to go long, but no valid signal, only nice strong move to "heaven" .
Unfortunately, I am now at work, so I have no access to my NT screens, I will update this post later, after todays session.

And what about my system and changes that I wanted to do..

I decided to use more actively supply/demand areas, which could be more helpful for entering in trade - I did couple mistakes with too late entry, when the market was overbought, oversold. If I will concentrate more on these areas I can "predict" where could appear turning point of price according to a trend and dont miss most significant signals ( I missed lot of them )

Next change is about entering the trade, I will use for it RB6, no more RB3. My stop loss is quite small, so there is still need to manage trade on small chart RB3, I am not aiming on big profit target, so it suits me such a defending strategy. I found out more solutions for managing trades with more contracts on higher t-frames, but I think in this way I have couple "weeks" time .

And the last change is about nr. of trades during one session set to 3. I decided to do this, to create in my mind some careful behaving when I am observing market. I need to take only clear situations, no more mistakes!

R.

Thanked by:

Robertczeko 
FM, Czech Republic

so here I am again , but I dont bring any money into my pocket..it was very strange for me. I was able to catch moves on market, but I didnt manage any trade properly. I felt like many months ago - waiting if it will turn back, but my exit signal appeared minute ago. I dont know, why I reacted in that way, but it doesnt make me happy.
No mood to talk in detail about trades, but I will try.

Trades

nr1 bounce from EMA50 on Rb6, no move in my way, here I was able to react
nr2 another bounce from EMA50, didnt work
nr3 missed trade, of course, could be a sweet winner
nr4 please, dont ask me why I took this..no clear signal, I should close it asap

I have to take a look again on todays session, no good sleeping.

R.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	CL 04-11 1_3_2011.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	196.9 KB
ID:	32397   Click image for larger version

Name:	vypis_1_3_2011.jpg
Size:	16.2 KB
ID:	32398  
Thanked by:

Robertczeko 
FM, Czech Republic

I had few opportunities on YM too, I took 3 trades, I am trying to use here more supply/demands areas for entry and for exits. I feel, that it is a good training to watch CL and then switch on lazy YM, it gives me lot of time to react. EMA50 was almost straight on RB12, so I ignored it.

trades

nr.1 jumped in earlier, but I had a luck. exit was near demand area
nr.2 bounce from strong supply area, didnt work
nr.3 same entry as in nr2 , it worked and I took little amount of this short

I will have better sleeping, but I would like to solve the fight on CL.

R.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	YM 03-11 2_3_2011.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	147.6 KB
ID:	32419   Click image for larger version

Name:	vypis_2_3_2011.jpg
Size:	16.7 KB
ID:	32420  
Thanked by:

Robertczeko 
FM, Czech Republic

Hello ,

please, dont go away!! Yes, I have for you same story as yesterday and day before..but this one is really unique. No, it isnt. I screwed it up again. Only a small loss, but that is not the way I want to continue. It is all about higher tf RB6 for entering in market. I am not able to concentrate and I am still looking at RB3 waiting for some confirmation. I saw there many trades on that small t-frame..maybe I did too early change with my entry style. It is crazy, but this fast move of price keeps me on the alert.

Since today I have started a small program for building discipline and consistency in my approach..it includes some kind of sport. 2x/week run 10-20km 1x/week fitness 2x/week home excercises for abs. I have done today 10km run , tommorow I will continue with abdominals before going to job. It filled me up with lot of energy ( but now I am looking forward to jump in a bed) and I need some schedule, then I am more systematic in all kind of activities.

So I beg your pardon, no more comments about my today`s session, I am going to sleep.

R.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	CL 04-11 3_3_2011.jpg
Size:	190.3 KB
ID:	32581   Click image for larger version

Name:	vypis_3_3_2011.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	8.4 KB
ID:	32582  
Thanked by:

Last Updated on June 27, 2011

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts