NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

My way of trading - Robertczeko

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Robertczeko with 98 posts (245 thanks)
    2. looks_two bluemele with 14 posts (13 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 10 posts (12 thanks)
    4. looks_4 spartacus with 8 posts (16 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Robertczeko with 2.5 thanks per post
    2. looks_two spartacus with 2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 1.2 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 bluemele with 0.9 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 23,648 views
    2. thumb_up 295 thanks given
    3. group 5 followers
    1. forum 135 posts
    2. attach_file 155 attachments

Search this Thread

My way of trading - Robertczeko

Robertczeko 
FM, Czech Republic

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: MT4
Broker: IC Markets
Trading: forex trader
Thanks Given: 219
Thanks Received: 264

I am here too long observing all of you, your progress in trading and I have to say, that many of you seem to me very inspirative and helpful. I decided to show my "thinking" and reacting in markets, I guess it is not a mindset of complete trader and I would be very glad if you would show me right direction.. I am not going to describe what I have done, I will raher describe my actual status.

I am trying to be always in trending waves, or ranging market with good rrratio distance between borders. I am looking for supply/demand levels as a strong areas with many orders waiting for another move in previous direction. In future I will try to describe it more, but if you know Sam Seiden`s techinque(if no, please google him, he opened my eyes in markets :-) ) , then you know what I am looking for. But it is not my primary trading setup, just a clue for better timing where and when to jump into the market. I use HMA for better visualisation of each wave, BBands with standart setup - middle line for enter and exit the market. I am sorry for my rough explanation, I think the best way of interpretation will be with charts and rules.

basic rules:

i trade only last hour of CL, no other markets during this session.
i use 2 charts, the big one with 3RBars + HMA 21 + BBands, small one with (6RBars + EMA 50+HMA21)= to see trend.
After closing CL I watch YM with same setup.

entry setup
if I see on 6RB chart clear trend, lets say uptrend, I am looking for crossing price middle BBand, HMA21 must be below this band. I enter on open of next bar above mid BBand. The same strategy for downtrend, price crosses middle BBand and HMA21 is above this band.
My last entry must be no later than 5 minute before closing the market.

exits
I have 4 possible exits
- full stop loss 8 ticks
- profit target 16 ticks
- trailing sl according to price move back against mid.BBand ( if bar crosses mid.BB I move sl on open of next bar )
- manual close on market if technical problems appear, or the market is in last minute before closing.

Goals, limits
- to stay concentrated 1 hour for each market and take all valid signals without hesitation ( sometimes it is very hard )
- after 3 losses in row stop trading for the day

That would be all for now.

I have to mention, that I am still sim-trading, I erased twice my account, I had no patience, plan and perhaps something else :-) ...

If you read it to this point, I thank you for your interest, in next post I will publish my few trades from last two weeks.

R.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
18 thanks

Robertczeko 
FM, Czech Republic

I am going to post my trades, but I have to say, that I traded last 2 weeks on CL 2-11, which might confuse you according to values of price in actual contract 3-11. My bad...

Strong downtrend, I marked with lines possible turning points - supply areas, not looking for specific price levels.

nr.1 was easy just with one correction
nr.2 - 4. I hate when market is not doing pullbacks, it is very difficult to indentify when to jump in market
nr.5 thats a situation, when I jump out of the trade according to trailing SL and I stay too much focused how to dig more money,
only 1 tick missed to PT! :-) sometimes it is worse than full stop loss feeling.
Yes, I have many feelings during session and I am not fighting against them, but I think, it is good to indetify,that something is shaking with my "sharp" mind.
nr.6 - 7. kicked off on trailing sl, thats a situation, when I love to be saved with trailing sl :-)
nr.8 I am a newbie in CL market and I completely forgot, that market was "closed" when I finished this trade

I hope, that it has head and foot..

R.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CL 02-11 (3 Range) 13_1_2011.jpg
Views:	551
Size:	102.9 KB
ID:	29024   Click image for larger version

Name:	13_1_vypis.jpg
Views:	391
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	29025  
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Robertczeko 
FM, Czech Republic

lets have a look on next day,...yes still 2-11 contract .

I didnt choose good cut out of the chart, but the mood was set into the uptrend

nr.1 really bad entry timing, after this trade market broke nearest supply area and I prepared for next action
nr.2 it worked! Situation before entry into the 2nd trade repeated, price broke in supply area.
nr.3 = nr.2
nr.4 couple ticks missing for PT , exit on trail. SL. But generally I was in really good mood.

Hmm, where are trades from YM? I have to say, that CL took a lot of energy for my concentration, I gave up next hour of trading.

R.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	CL 02-11 (3 Range) 14_1_2011.jpg
Views:	331
Size:	133.7 KB
ID:	29026   Click image for larger version

Name:	14_1_vypis.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	25.9 KB
ID:	29027  
Thanked by:

Robertczeko 
FM, Czech Republic

I was really upset on myself, I did more than 3 losses in row - breaking rules and I was trying to get "my money" back, I realized that quite soon, this is my little demon in my head from past activity in markets..I had times with bigger row of trades in such a day, of course in red numbers.
And next problem was, that I went against trend, here was the source of my bad day. Since this day I was afraid that I will do it again, I put in chart EMA 50 for better illustration of trend ( I really dont need it, its gone ). Lack of focus, thats it!

trades

nr.1 just a loss, price went sharply against my position. Demand area broken
nr.2-4 lets fight against trend , no more please.
nr.5 finally entered in good direction, but couple ticks missing to my PT, exit on trail. sl.

I can do it better, next time.

R.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	CL 02-11 (3 Range) 18_1_2011.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	115.3 KB
ID:	29029   Click image for larger version

Name:	18_1_vypis.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	29030  

Robertczeko 
FM, Czech Republic

I hate beginning of trading after bad day, but it was better than I expected. I took some money in pocket and I wanted to quit before end of session, I almost left out last trade..no, I a was proud on myself at the end of the day. I recognize that the feeling of good performance( all trades according the plan ) is for me more important than P/L of one day.

trades

nr.1 bad direction, full stop loss, but I realized that and switched quickly to nr.2
nr.2 easy money, PT , broken two important areas, waiting for another setup.
nr.3 clear signal, I felt good.
nr.4 on higher TF (6RB chart) I saw still enough space for falling price, but it kicked me off very aggressively, I had no chance to move my stop.

R.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	CL 02-11 (3 Range) 19_1_2011.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	129.1 KB
ID:	29031   Click image for larger version

Name:	19_1_vypis.jpg
Views:	298
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	29032  
Thanked by:

Robertczeko 
FM, Czech Republic

Finally, I switched on current contract of CL , but I felt little bit confused from this finding. I missed 2 trades on CL, my bad. And I did one trade on YM. I have one new rule !Never trade after thai massage! . But it wasnt such a disaster.

trades

nr.1 not much to say, it happens. But in next 2 bars I missed signal with jackpot..that was worse
nr.2 nice trade, but market lost power to get me in PT, exit on trail. sl.
nr.3 - 4 exit on trail. sl
nr.5 I didnt follow market for hole hour, so I did only this trade, it touched my PT, but without filling order, nextime.

R.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	CL 03-11 (3 Range) 20_1_2011.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	110.5 KB
ID:	29034   Click image for larger version

Name:	YM 03-11 (3 Range) 20_1_2011.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	107.5 KB
ID:	29035   Click image for larger version

Name:	20_1_vypis.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	29036  
Thanked by:

Robertczeko 
FM, Czech Republic

I made this day only 1 trade on YM, I came too late from work. Market was ranging, I found that last bounces were from open price, I jumped in later, not exactly after signal, but I waited for the signal price value. It looked, that I will be kicked off on trail. sl, but it resisted.
So weekend is near the end, I am looking forward what will next week bring new.
I hope, that my posts are valuable for understanding what I would like to share with you, my english is still not good enough (using translator ) .

R.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	YM 03-11 (3 Range) 21_1_2011.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	102.3 KB
ID:	29037   Click image for larger version

Name:	21_1_vypis.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	10.8 KB
ID:	29038  
Thanked by:

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,172
Thanks Received: 101,536

Good job with the journal. Posting about a losing day is never easy, but it is a necessary step in understanding what happened. Sometimes you can have losing trades and losing days while making zero mistakes. But more often than not, a mistake is made and it's important you learn from it or find a way to minimize it.

Keep it up. And your English is fine

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

ThatManFromTexas 
Houston,Tx

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Mirus Futures/Zen-Fire
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 1,206
Thanks Received: 4,348

Reasons Why I Have Great Respect For This Thread:

1. You stated clearly and honestly what you were going to do and then you did it.

2. You posted the good and the bad. A lot of people "cherry pick" their results.

3. You didn't make excuses when you made mistakes or didn't follow the plan.

My hat is off to you Sir! (Texas expression... shows respect)

If I added your numbers up correctly, you are still showing a profit.

You English is better than my Czech ... who am I kidding.. your English is better than my English..

I'm just a simple man trading a simple plan.

My daddy always said, "Every day above ground is a good day!"

Last Updated on June 27, 2011

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts