NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

My way of trading - Robertczeko

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Robertczeko with 98 posts (245 thanks)
    2. looks_two bluemele with 14 posts (13 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 10 posts (12 thanks)
    4. looks_4 spartacus with 8 posts (16 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Robertczeko with 2.5 thanks per post
    2. looks_two spartacus with 2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 1.2 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 bluemele with 0.9 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 23,648 views
    2. thumb_up 295 thanks given
    3. group 5 followers
    1. forum 135 posts
    2. attach_file 155 attachments

Search this Thread

My way of trading - Robertczeko

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,173
Thanks Received: 101,537

Mike

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index

Robertczeko 
FM, Czech Republic

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: MT4
Broker: IC Markets
Trading: forex trader
Thanks Given: 219
Thanks Received: 264

hi traders,

it was really "stormy" market, today..hm? I thought, that I will fall in sleep. No, I am just kidding. There is always some space for trades, if you can look at the market without too high expectation in such a day like this monday.

As volume raised on a new contract, I followed the crowd and went on 08-11. Price didnīt have too much space and first hour showed that we will fight in strong balance day. Borders were made of fridayīs low and close...it can be also taken as last weekīs low and close. It means for me quite strong areas.

I took only one trade, long entry: bounce from ema, breakout of descending channel, breakout of previous 30 min inside bar,.... PT: HOD

it looked good, really good. I followed the price as usual, but then it stoped 3 ticks in front of my PT order. I did a mistake - I moved my stop loss back to make a space for possible pullback, but it wasnīt enough and it ate almost 10 ticks of profit. I am still trying to take almost on tick preciselly signals for entry / exit. I am missing the feeling, when it should be "the right" place, time. ok , it is another profitable day, I should be happy ( I am ) .

P/L + 14t
R.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CL 08-11 20_6_2011.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	259.1 KB
ID:	41507   Click image for larger version

Name:	vypis 20_6_2011.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	12.0 KB
ID:	41508  
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Robertczeko 
FM, Czech Republic

bad day, but not a bad feeling..I realized my mistakes and that is good. And what happened? I took couple trades in slim descending channel, but I tried to trade it up. Really bad idea, doesnīt matter, that there was a visible signal. And my last trade was completely stupid, I just wanted to catch breakout of previous candle. If I would follow my rules, it would be much better result.

P/L -24t

Robert

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	CL 08-11 21_6_2011.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	260.7 KB
ID:	41602   Click image for larger version

Name:	vypis 21_6_2011.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	41603  
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Robertczeko 
FM, Czech Republic

I had many nice ocassions, but I didnīt squeeze it enough. During my session I was focused on break-outs from channels, intraday trend showed me the way to the long side. It would be ok, if I were more patient since beginning, but my first trade got me into red numbers, I didnīt wait for confirmation. Next trades had a good timing for entry, I aimed always for HOD, which worked in second trade. Then it pushed price to another level so I waited for the last ocassion, it was a nice bounce from s/r area ( 15.6. OPEN/CLOSE ) . But my management of trade was too tight for this situation.

I am happy, that I am still in green numbers and above 50% W/L ratio in this month...never happened to me before . My usual win/loss ratio is around 35 percent max. Looking forward at the end of month.

P/L + 23t

R.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	CL 08-11 22_6_2011.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	256.4 KB
ID:	41738   Click image for larger version

Name:	vypis 22_6_2011.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	23.9 KB
ID:	41739  
Thanked by:

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: ATC/TT, AMP/Zen-Fire, AMP/CQG
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 3,803
Thanks Received: 2,842

Very good trading!

Your technique is interesting and I like the simplicity of it! You had some tough trades where it was entry on the tick for retrace and just knocked you out and ran, but it shows that you only need one or two good one's and you are it!

I am curious. How are you using the Daily and 30Min charts? For trendlines only or ????

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Robertczeko 
FM, Czech Republic

Hi Blue,

I use 30 min chart to analyze in what type of move is market ..if it is in balance mood, or out of balance. Then I use previous bar OHLC as a short-term s/r levels for entry. I like, when new barīs price is acting with those levels. If it goes up, there is often visible ( on smaller time-frame) bounce from High, or close of previous 30 min candle. When it happens and I got a valid signal, I take it.

Daily, weekly, monthly charts... I am using it mainly for drawing s/r lines, which are made of OHLC values(purple dashed lines). It works really good, I have found out, that there must be a straight visibility on those candles, I have attached some chart.

Now I am in process of making my decision easier when and where to enter, this is still one of my unsolved area..still digging too much around "death zones", which represents choppy places after long runs.

Thank you for your interest.

best regards

Robert

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	monthly_chart.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	42083  
Thanked by:

Last Updated on June 27, 2011

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts