NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Johnny's Journal

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one JohnnyAustin with 217 posts (324 thanks)
    2. looks_two tderrick with 41 posts (14 thanks)
    3. looks_3 bluemele with 26 posts (14 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 13 posts (12 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one JohnnyAustin with 1.5 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 0.9 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 bluemele with 0.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 tderrick with 0.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 45,123 views
    2. thumb_up 386 thanks given
    3. group 9 followers
    1. forum 325 posts
    2. attach_file 102 attachments

Search this Thread

Johnny's Journal

JohnnyAustin 
Austin, TX

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Amp and Zenfire
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 119
Thanks Received: 435

Tomorrow, my goal shall be 1 long trade and 1 short trade. Regardless of pnl, one trade each way. Will be employing K.I.S.S. with what I've got now and will see what I can do. Remember, there is no bank and 1-2 points per day AVERAGE is better than 95% of traders out there.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader

JohnnyAustin 
Austin, TX

Stuck with my goal of 1 long and 1 short trade. Trading day started at 10:45am so I missed the majority of opportunity. I am almost certain that once I am available for the pre-market review, or even 2am-open hours, my positive trades will increase. I'm just about kicking myself, but the reason is out of my hands for the moment.

Back to the present:
2 trades today, 2.5 point gain.
Short today at 1280.25, closed out at 1279.75. Held trade to 1 point gain, small reversal, didn't see recovery to downward trend again and closed out.

Long today at 1281, closed out at 1283. Small reversal, held through that. Lots of churning on market but kept upward trend. Held trade till volume dried up, called uncle. Missed out on .5 point gain, but I'm not complaining.

I did employ trailing stops and automatic closing strategy. I'm not sure this is the time for me to employ them just yet so they were closed out. Ensuring the strategy is good and ending the day/week/month positive is most important. Now is still the time that the strategy is in development and the p outweighs the l.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	11211-1.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	28317  
Thanked by:

JohnnyAustin 
Austin, TX

Another day, another 2 trades. Arrived in earlier today, around 9:30. Trading flat pretty much already by then. Reviewed my in's/outs and rules, am pleased with them thus far.

Seeing breakout short potential now. Need to verify trend. HUGE volume all of a sudden.

shorted at 1280.25

Bad trade, lost .75 points.

JohnnyAustin 
Austin, TX

Reversed trade and went long at 1281.25. Lost a point on the short.

flat trade....grrr...feel like I wasted a day. In a 10 min period on the 1 min chart, 7 indicators were doji's AFTER the breakout...grrrrr

JohnnyAustin 
Austin, TX

I broke my rule and took another trade as it fit my indicators. Lo and behold, 4 point gain. w00t! What's up now?!

If I get stuck in a bad trade, I have to find a way back to the positive, so 3-4 trades a day I think. Made 3 today and I'm happy.

JohnnyAustin 
Austin, TX

Reviewed rules (i.e. beat them into my head again). I need to be more patient on the sell side. It seems that after a gain, there is a period of low volume and holding it (provided in up-trend) will allow an additional point-ish gain.

First trade of the day, buy side: 1280. Cleared position as 1281.25. If I would have held it 45 seconds longer the gain would have increased to 1283 or so, at which time churning began and I would have exited the position, resulting in a 12 tick gain. Am I happy with the trade? Most definitely.

Seems a short side may be coming up. Will review indicators and see how it is best to proceed. Low volume and doji's indicate market doesn't know which way to...no trade as there is no trend.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	11411-1.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	28477  

JohnnyAustin 
Austin, TX

Followed my indicators to make another trade. Reversed on me and held but never crossed my stop. Recovered after an HOUR AND 10 MINUTES! Massively stressful. Closed out for a .25 gain, so while it isn't as positive as I'd like, it still is positive.

JohnnyAustin 
Austin, TX

Working on creating blackbox strategy. First one resulted in a 10.25 point gain over 15 days. Not QUITE the results I'm looking for, especially since the backtest showed the strategy bought at the correct point but then held it to closing. Will review video Mike posted when I get home to create a more accurate strategy. Perhaps I should go for the 4 tick gain instead of 10 ticket gain. Will fiddle and see what results come up.

JohnnyAustin 
Austin, TX

Spent yesterday working on a blackbox, backtesting, etc. Didn't really watch the market to trade. Backtested strategy on yesterday, resulting a 4.5 point gain. Am currently running sim of live blackbox trading. Thus far, the market dived after crossing threshold for my rules, resulting in a stoploss. Running full auto sim today, will examine results after markets close.

Saw a trade based off indicators and took it. Closed it out after volume fell resulting in a 1.5pt gain. Auto trade took and closed out. Now at BE for day.

JohnnyAustin 
Austin, TX

Started using Perry's trading method. It is more in-depth than my method and definitely see where it is a good system. Watched it for a bit this morning then made a trade when it said to 2 point gain.

I did add Bollinger bands, making the middle band transparent, as this helps me identify strength of the trend.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	pt1.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	28844  
Thanked by:

Last Updated on March 13, 2012

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts