NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Johnny's Journal

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one JohnnyAustin with 217 posts (324 thanks)
    2. looks_two tderrick with 41 posts (14 thanks)
    3. looks_3 bluemele with 26 posts (14 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 13 posts (12 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one JohnnyAustin with 1.5 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 0.9 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 bluemele with 0.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 tderrick with 0.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 45,137 views
    2. thumb_up 386 thanks given
    3. group 9 followers
    1. forum 325 posts
    2. attach_file 102 attachments

Search this Thread

Johnny's Journal

tderrick 
Nashville, Tennessee

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninja / Jigsaw / 9G
Broker: AMP / CQG
Trading: NQ, YM and ES
Thanks Given: 4,260
Thanks Received: 2,532

Good patience ...

AJ
Nashville, Tennessee

"Life On The Edge of SR"
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Ninja Mobile Trader VPS (ninjamobiletrader.com)
Trading Reviews and Vendors
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout

JohnnyAustin 
Austin, TX

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Amp and Zenfire
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 119
Thanks Received: 435

I had too much patience and lost out. New picture being taken, et al, for promotion as well as dealing with issues I have open and couldn't watch it. Price went to exactly where i thought it would and reversed on me. Didn't see it and lost out at BE. Oh well. next trade will be at EOD starting around 2:30-2:45 approx.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	long1.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	34438  
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

JohnnyAustin 
Austin, TX

No time for final trade. For the day, -5 ticks. Not pleased about the day and should have been smarter about my trades. I did miss a good short today due to being WAY busy. Man, this sucks. I hate seeing missed opportunity, especially seeing one slip by me so often lately.

I was up really early this morning at my home computer and have my trading s/w installed on that computer too. Will review the market in the morning around the open or pre-open to potentially make a trade based off early morning movements.

Volume today was also abysmal. Lowest since February 14th.

Thanked by:

tderrick 
Nashville, Tennessee

johnnycakes78704 View Post
No time for final trade. For the day, -5 ticks. Not pleased about the day and should have been smarter about my trades. I did miss a good short today due to being WAY busy. Man, this sucks. I hate seeing missed opportunity, especially seeing one slip by me so often lately.

I was up really early this morning at my home computer and have my trading s/w installed on that computer too. Will review the market in the morning around the open or pre-open to potentially make a trade based off early morning movements.

Volume today was also abysmal. Lowest since February 14th.

I think you're doing very well for splitting your time as you are. I found it very difficult and now only trade
live money on my days off, so I can wake up with a clear mind of the task at hand. I could not split my mind to
do both.

Of course, I get some days off during the week at times. I'm not sure about your hours.

I'm just saying, don't be too hard on yourself.

AJ
Nashville, Tennessee

"Life On The Edge of SR"

JohnnyAustin 
Austin, TX

Starting in early April I'll have more time in the mornings. I'll be able to get an hour to hour and a half at home in peace and quiet and be able to trade while completely focused on the market before heading off to work. And the downside to my promotion is that my schedule will be redone. So I'll most likely be working a weekend day or night shift, which will give me a weekday off. Also, I wouldn't necessarily WANT an afternoon shift, but it would be great for allowing me to trade in the morning hours....

I'm not being hard on myself, really, I'm not. Instead I'm seeing missed opportunity, but it is what it is. Tomorrow is another day. I will say that I just wasn't in the groove today, so -5 ticks isn't terrible for an off day.

Thanked by:

JohnnyAustin 
Austin, TX

Today was a day where I took a long for my first trade. It seemed like a good idea at the time. Lots of buying, relatively, and professionals came in to buy repeatedly. I bought just after the first blue bar (professional trading bar) and given the drop this morning thought it would recover at least a point. That's my goal per trade, 8-10 ticks. Preferably 10. With the long, it went no more than 6 ticks in the money and had a big reversal bar. I felt as though the TF wanted to go higher but was being pushed down over and over.

It finally relented and went lower. I reversed the trade for a 4 tick loss to go short. I stuck out the trade to get my 10 ticks and then closed out. The maximum I could have gotten on that short from my entry point was 11 ticks, so I'm happy with the trade. Trading range is fairly narrow today thus far and movement is very slow. Bars are averaging 3-6 ticks each. I think seeing a big move of 12-15 ticks in 1 bar will be unique today, if it happens at all.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	short 1.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	34565  
Thanked by:

JohnnyAustin 
Austin, TX

Been slammed all day and had no time to focus on my trading and I know I'm suffering because of it. Today the announcement comes out about the promotion I got and tomorrow I think we find out the gender of the baby. Which is good, as tomorrow I'm taking the day off and can focus on what's important to me long term, the trading aspect of my workday.

Thanked by:

tderrick 
Nashville, Tennessee

I'm not being hard on myself, really, I'm not. Instead I'm seeing missed opportunity, but it is what it is. Tomorrow is another day. I will say that I just wasn't in the groove today, so -5 ticks isn't terrible for an off day.

That may be my #1 nemesis... feeling left out on a trade, or a "missed opportunity". I really have to
bite my lip to not chase... lol

It sounds like your schedule may work out well!!

AJ
Nashville, Tennessee

"Life On The Edge of SR"

tderrick 
Nashville, Tennessee

Been slammed all day and had no time to focus on my trading and I know I'm suffering because of it. Today the announcement comes out about the promotion I got and tomorrow I think we find out the gender of the baby. Which is good, as tomorrow I'm taking the day off and can focus on what's important to me long term, the trading aspect of my workday.

Wow!! ...such a busy lad Your future is quite bright. You may have to to wear shades

Congrats on all your doing for yourself and your family.

AJ
Nashville, Tennessee

"Life On The Edge of SR"

JohnnyAustin 
Austin, TX

No trades today. NT7 is giving me MORE problems on my home PC. Now they have told me that I don't have enough memory, when that was never a problem before and refused to do more troubleshooting until it was fixed. So I upped the memory to 3GB and now I have to wait until tomorrow morning for this to resolve itself, hopefully. I just want this s/w to work as it should. I am really not understanding why it isn't and am getting no true explanations.

i WANTED to trade this evening, but the market replay isn't running either.

I'm so busy I've not even had the 20-30 minutes to trim my beard and I look like a lumberjack now. Between work, trading, the pregnancy, skills teaching, and then taking a bit of time for home life, things are falling behind. Wish I could find a way to sleep only 3-4 hours a day and have the rest of the time available for whatever I need to do.

Last Updated on March 13, 2012

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts