NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Johnny's Journal

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one JohnnyAustin with 217 posts (324 thanks)
    2. looks_two tderrick with 41 posts (14 thanks)
    3. looks_3 bluemele with 26 posts (14 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 13 posts (12 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one JohnnyAustin with 1.5 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 0.9 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 bluemele with 0.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 tderrick with 0.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 45,123 views
    2. thumb_up 386 thanks given
    3. group 9 followers
    1. forum 325 posts
    2. attach_file 102 attachments

Search this Thread

Johnny's Journal

JohnnyAustin 
Austin, TX

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Amp and Zenfire
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 119
Thanks Received: 435

Last week's volatility really made me skittish this week. Entered a trade this morning and as soon as it went south, I was out. Not making good decisions. Indicators show I should take the trade, and do, then on a minor retracement I get out at BE...

Need to focus and have confidence in my system. The methodology is still there but after last week, staying in a trade for a long time appears to be a weakness for me at the moment.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
18 thanks
The Program
18 thanks

JohnnyAustin 
Austin, TX

Entered a trade which almost matched up, in an attempt to predict the move as I lost out on a trend trade I saw developing earlier, and was stopped out. My mindset just isn't as clear as it was over the past few weeks. No indicators have changed, time frames haven't changed...nothing has changed but me and this is causing me to have failure.

I think I should take the profit where I see it. Earlier, there was a point where I had a 6 tick gain but I waited for it to go to a 10 tick gain thinking that the trend would continue but getting lost waiting for that move up and not seeing the retracement down.

And got caught out again. Great.

Thanked by:

JohnnyAustin 
Austin, TX

I'm done for today. Entered a trade which DID hit my indicators and rode it for a 3 tick gain which them promptly reversed on me for a retracement up and then back down again and now back up. I'm pretty annoyed with all this weird market action and will be on the sidelines for a bit.

Thanked by:

JohnnyAustin 
Austin, TX

Closed the chart and watched another one to see how it moves and my strategy is still on point. It just seems the TF today wasn't moving a whole lot today, no more than 4 points throughout the day and after 11 the range was less than 3 points. was able to end up with a point of profit for the day so I guess that's a good thing.

Thanked by:

JohnnyAustin 
Austin, TX

Came in this morning like barnstormers trying to pick the exact moment of pivot. This failed for a stop hit. Took a step back, re-evaluated the scenario and ended the TF downtrend and then up swing with a 3.2 point gain. I'm viewing the 1 minute chart to see the reversals then going to the 5 minute chart to help alleviate the emotional rollercoaster. Viewing the professional bars helps as well. It seems the higher volume traders don't care about the 1-2 point gain when they can wait and get 4-5 points. I'd like to see Tf recover to the 24-25 area....and shall see if it does today.

Seeing alot of news saying that the reducing trading range is due to the S&P hitting Resistance and bouncing against it and that a multi-session downtrend will be seen soon.

Thanked by:

JohnnyAustin 
Austin, TX

Saw resistance at the pivot point with consistent bouncing against. Closed position for a 9 tick gain.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	resistance.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	14.9 KB
ID:	30998  
Thanked by:

JohnnyAustin 
Austin, TX

Resistance seems to be the pivot point. No bar has yet stayed above.

Edit, broke through resistance. Interesting note: when reviewing the ZLEMA, it appears that crosses above the pivot point for a few bars after the blue bar in the image before heading north again, even though the bar range for those few bars after the blue one remains in the same 2-3 tick range.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	resistance2.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	35.7 KB
ID:	30999  
Thanked by:

tderrick 
Nashville, Tennessee

Platform: Ninja / Jigsaw / 9G
Broker: AMP / CQG
Trading: NQ, YM and ES
Thanks Given: 4,260
Thanks Received: 2,532

johnnycakes78704 View Post
Came in this morning like barnstormers trying to pick the exact moment of pivot. This failed for a stop hit. Took a step back, re-evaluated the scenario and ended the TF downtrend and then up swing with a 3.2 point gain. I'm viewing the 1 minute chart to see the reversals then going to the 5 minute chart to help alleviate the emotional rollercoaster. Viewing the professional bars helps as well. It seems the higher volume traders don't care about the 1-2 point gain when they can wait and get 4-5 points. I'd like to see Tf recover to the 24-25 area....and shall see if it does today.

Seeing alot of news saying that the reducing trading range is due to the S&P hitting Resistance and bouncing against it and that a multi-session downtrend will be seen soon.

Someone told me to simply "Trade what you see". I used to listen to CNBC and think to myself " The Market
should go up with that news" and I would bias myself to the point I wouldn't even notice that the market
was going in the opposite direction!! I kept looking to trade in the direction I THOUGHT it should be going.

We, as retail traders, should be like surfers. We sit on our boards and wait for the big swells. No guessing,
No thinking, just reacting to the knowledge of what a "Good Wave" looks like from a distance.

My problem with indicators is that by the time they all match up, you may have missed the peak
entry point. By simply reading PA as it moves across an MA and / or prior SR, you can jump in on those "excelleration" points that zoom towards your profit targets.

Forget indicators for a while (save for one EMA ..20 or 50) and trade price patterns off your MA and SR.

and also... 1 min. charts used to make me very edgy. Too many pitfalls and falsehoods.
You know I love the 5 and 15 min charts. I have also heard of something like a 3 range for TF, if you like
a little quicker movement and don't like the big Time bars. 6 range is good for CL, but those moves are
massive. I was tempted to try the 3 range but I'm loving where I am right now...

Try simplifying ... It worked for me

If you are meant for this game, the disgust (which is good) will pass quickly and you will learn and then jump
right back on.

I only trade well, when I feel good about it. Isn't that strange?

Good luck, brother!!

AJ
Nashville, Tennessee

"Life On The Edge of SR"
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

JohnnyAustin 
Austin, TX

Made two more trades, 11 more ticks in profit per contract. Today is a good day thus far.

I'm watching another set up form now....will see if it turns long or not.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	sma50 and 20.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	31027  
Thanked by:

JohnnyAustin 
Austin, TX

I keep getting caught in reversals today. Not getting stopped out as I am preempting the movement, but the market for TF is real indecisive right now. I'm turning a 6 tick loss into a 1-4 tick gain with the occasional 7 or 8 tick move here and there so I am up a point on the day....just not happy about how I'm acquiring it. I did miss the big 27 tick short because I was on the phone with a broker.

I've finished accumulation of funding and will be opening an account soon. TF, 1 contract at a time.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on March 13, 2012

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts