NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

NEVER LOSE AGAIN!! - TheRumpledOne

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one TheRumpledOne with 136 posts (45 thanks)
    2. looks_two PTG1 with 27 posts (9 thanks)
    3. looks_3 piersh with 22 posts (3 thanks)
    4. looks_4 JustAnotherTrader with 16 posts (0 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one cunparis with 2.1 thanks per post
    2. looks_two vegasfoster with 2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 websouth with 1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 TheRumpledOne with 0.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 102,133 views
    2. thumb_up 135 thanks given
    3. group 36 followers
    1. forum 288 posts
    2. attach_file 75 attachments

NEVER LOSE AGAIN!! - TheRumpledOne

TheRumpledOne 
Tucson, AZ

websouth View Post
An alternative to trading off the cracks in your monitor screen...hehe
If 7 ticks is the tipping point. In other words - Once it reaches this amount it takes a while to come back - then look at a 7 range chart. Only play green or red rat. In other words only be a net long or net short player not both. For net long Enter on close of green bar (price has moved 7 ticks in your favor. Place stop loss at bottom of entry trigger bar. Exit on profit or at close of red bar. ( 7 ticks against your chosen direction) Profit may be 3 or 4 ticks or may be 20 ticks. Don't try to filter. Just keep losses small. Simple. Try it on SIM first.

So which image below predicts the future....answer neither.

I do not understand how this 7 range chart works. The bars overlap. The 7 pips range should be discrete with no overlap.

If plot horizontal lines every 10 pips. I can watch price walk or run up and down the 10 pip "stairs".

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
Build trailing stop for micro index(s)
Psychology and Money Management
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
36 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
22 thanks
The Program
20 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
19 thanks

TheRumpledOne 
Tucson, AZ

I know statistically, that price will retrace 20 pips or more off the bottom

TheRumpledOne 
Tucson, AZ

OPPORTUNITY TIME

Jeff Castille 
Northern California

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninja Trader
Broker: Amp Futures/ Zen-Fire
Trading: YM and CL
Thanks Given: 1,783
Thanks Received: 3,303

Nicolellis Range Bars were conceived in 1995 by a Brazilian broker and trader - Vicente M. Nicolellis Jr.
During 13 years running a trading desk in Sao Paulo, where local markets tend to be volatile, he wrestled with the problem of how to handle this volatility and its variability. Finally he concluded that the most promising approach would be to eliminate time from the equation, and just concentrate on price.
After all it is price that you trade (rather than time, unless it is an options market).
Essentially this reverts to the early days of Technical Analysis, and the use of Point an Figure Charts which just record price changes.
By using a constant range, ex. 10, and opening a new bar once that range is covered, one can also apply modern concepts of indicators, which are bar based.
In 1996 the concept was computerized, which meant that many more markets could be studied.
Experience in the last 8 years has shown that Nicolellis Range Bars are particularly good at focusing on and clarifying movement.
The way in which a long meandering, horizontal "congestion" is condensed into a bar or two, concentrates attention on the essential underlying price movement while eliminating unnecessary "clutter" and "noise".
This also makes the use of Trendlines easier.

Follow me on Twitter

TheRumpledOne 
Tucson, AZ

GBPUSD + 34 off the bottom so far...

TheRumpledOne 
Tucson, AZ

Jeff Castille View Post
Nicolellis Range Bars were conceived in 1995 by a Brazilian broker and trader - Vicente M. Nicolellis Jr.
During 13 years running a trading desk in Sao Paulo, where local markets tend to be volatile, he wrestled with the problem of how to handle this volatility and its variability. Finally he concluded that the most promising approach would be to eliminate time from the equation, and just concentrate on price.
After all it is price that you trade (rather than time, unless it is an options market).
Essentially this reverts to the early days of Technical Analysis, and the use of Point an Figure Charts which just record price changes.
By using a constant range, ex. 10, and opening a new bar once that range is covered, one can also apply modern concepts of indicators, which are bar based.
In 1996 the concept was computerized, which meant that many more markets could be studied.
Experience in the last 8 years has shown that Nicolellis Range Bars are particularly good at focusing on and clarifying movement.
The way in which a long meandering, horizontal "congestion" is condensed into a bar or two, concentrates attention on the essential underlying price movement while eliminating unnecessary "clutter" and "noise".
This also makes the use of Trendlines easier.

Thanks Jeff.

HJay 
USA

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Mirus/Zen-Fire
Trading: futures

I'm not sure how to interpret these screens TRO... Was expecting a chart..

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal

TheRumpledOne 
Tucson, AZ

HJay View Post
I'm not sure how to interpret these screens TRO... Was expecting a chart..

THEY ARE DIGITAL GAUGES!!

ClOp = Close - Open

HiCl = High - Close

ClLo = Close - Low

This gauge shows me EXACTLY where price is (in pips) relative to the open, high and low of the day.

I can monitor multiple pairs to find trades off the bottom.

Easier than looking at a bunch of charts.

TheRumpledOne 
Tucson, AZ

GBPUSD + 69

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	!!nla.gif
Views:	186
Size:	12.2 KB
ID:	2153  

HJay 
USA

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Mirus/Zen-Fire
Trading: futures

Removed question as, I think I understand now...

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal

Last Updated on March 20, 2011

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts