NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

NEVER LOSE AGAIN!! - TheRumpledOne

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one TheRumpledOne with 136 posts (45 thanks)
    2. looks_two PTG1 with 27 posts (9 thanks)
    3. looks_3 piersh with 22 posts (3 thanks)
    4. looks_4 JustAnotherTrader with 16 posts (0 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one cunparis with 2.1 thanks per post
    2. looks_two vegasfoster with 2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 websouth with 1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 TheRumpledOne with 0.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 102,133 views
    2. thumb_up 135 thanks given
    3. group 36 followers
    1. forum 288 posts
    2. attach_file 75 attachments

NEVER LOSE AGAIN!! - TheRumpledOne

vegasfoster 
las vegas

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Sierra Chart
Broker: Velocity/IB
Trading: 6E
Thanks Given: 304
Thanks Received: 844

I will increase the bars tomorrow, it will just take longer to calculate. If you can post the futures data you want to test, I will figure figure the multiplier I need to do make it work, it may be a fraction, i.e. ".10", but not sure till I look at it. I have a couple of things I want to add to it, if anyone has any other ideas I can add it at the same time.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
38 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
19 thanks
The Program
18 thanks

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,173
Thanks Received: 101,537

vegasfoster View Post
I will increase the bars tomorrow, it will just take longer to calculate. If you can post the futures data you want to test, I will figure figure the multiplier I need to do make it work, it may be a fraction, i.e. ".10", but not sure till I look at it. I have a couple of things I want to add to it, if anyone has any other ideas I can add it at the same time.

Cool, thx. I posted a small portion yesterday, I'd like to get that working before I run a bigger series.

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal

zeller4 
Orlando Florida

Platform: NT8
Trading: CL, NQ, ES, RTY
Thanks Given: 1,416
Thanks Received: 404

vegasfoster View Post
I have a couple of things I want to add to it, if anyone has any other ideas I can add it at the same time.

The couple items I remember TRO using were range of hourly /daily bars and comparing range of the current hourly / daily bar to the average of the sametime hourly /daily bar in the history.

example 1 - if it's Monday at 10-11 am and the average range was 52 pips over the sample set, compare if the current hour has already moved 48 pips so that I know historically there's not much of a move available in this current hours candle.

example 2 - Tuesday moves relatively large after a small Monday - yesterday only moved 35 pips and therefore, if my other setups work, today could be a good trending day.

hope that makes sense. if you need more examples, i'll try to add more later.

Kirk

vegasfoster 
las vegas

Been working on another project, I just quickly changed it so it would calculate 25000 bars, takes longer. Yeah, the time of day makes a big difference with this one, so I will add that and put the calculations in a macro so you can enter as many bars as you like. Probably be this weekend. It would be nice if someone could program this in nt.

iwannatoscript
Budapest

Thanks Given: 8
Thanks Received: 3

Is there a version to use in multicharts, with the manual?

vegasfoster 
las vegas

I don't know if anyone is still looking at this or not, sorry, I got obsessed with the following thread [COLOR=#0068cf]http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=107119[/COLOR], I'm thiiiis close to getting the whole thing figured out!

New template is almost complete. I rewrote all the formulas to make it fast and I just have to write the macro tomorrow (ok, probably Saturday). It can calculate 100000 bars and I added hourly info, but I couldn't remember the other stuff I wanted to add, so I have to think about it. If anyone has any other ideas let me know.

vegasfoster 
las vegas

I attached the next versions. One will calculate 100,000 bars, the other will do 1 Million Bars(Muuuuuaaaahhhh, Muuuuuaaaahhhh!), but I am not sure it will actually work with that many bars though. On my machine I can't do much over 100,000 rows or it simply won't calculate. I added more hourly info than I was initially was contemplating, so the macro takes a while to run.

I am still a little unclear what you guys want the multiplier to do. I am using it to convert currencies from 5 decimals to 1 decimal or 3 decimals to 1 decimal. For example, if USD.JPY went from 89.005 to 88.500, then that is 50.5 pips, so a multiplier of 100 will convert the difference of .505 to 50.5. For futures if 73.0-72.0 = 1 point, then I am thinking that you wouldn't need to use the multiplier, but I am not sure so let me know and I can change it however you like.

Also, if you only want analyze futures, for the hourly data, you can safely delete the rows on the output sheet for the off hours and it will calculate faster. I left all 24 hours for currencies or anyone who's data is not EST. I wouldn't recommend making any other changes before understanding how everything flows.

The instructions sheet has the worksheet password and other notes.

Attached Files
Elite Membership required to download: Bar Stat Template -V3.1 - 100000 Bars.zip
Elite Membership required to download: Bar Stat Template -V3.1 - 1000000 Bars.zip
Thanked by:

vegasfoster 
las vegas

-Fixed day of the week calculations
-Added negative split distributions
-Added date and time filters to split and detailed distributions by amount
-Removed sheet protection (was getting annoying)
-Added Saturday (had a few bars coming through as Saturday on my data feed for an unknown reason)
-Changed the low and high from prior bar's close to low and high from current bar's open figures to reduce the effects of gapping
-Added close from open figures (could be imputed from the bar size, but this makes it easier to analyze)
-Some other minor fixes

Attached Files
Elite Membership required to download: Bar Stat Template -V4 - 10000 Bars.zip
Elite Membership required to download: Bar Stat Template -V4 - 100000 Bars.zip
Elite Membership required to download: Bar Stat Template -V4 - 1000000 Bars.zip
Thanked by:

er2wizard 
Chicago Burbs

Experience: Master
Platform: NT, TS
Trading: TF, 6E, SI, CL, FDAX, ZN, ES
Thanks Given: 119
Thanks Received: 305

PTG1 View Post
Unfortunately, TRO has been banned from this forum.

The FORM of his messages are apparently more important than the CONTENTS.

THINK about this, VERY HARD.

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.

“The more I am around people, the more I love my dogs.” ~Author Unknown
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal

Last Updated on March 20, 2011

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts