NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

NEVER LOSE AGAIN!! - TheRumpledOne

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one TheRumpledOne with 136 posts (45 thanks)
    2. looks_two PTG1 with 27 posts (9 thanks)
    3. looks_3 piersh with 22 posts (3 thanks)
    4. looks_4 JustAnotherTrader with 16 posts (0 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one cunparis with 2.1 thanks per post
    2. looks_two vegasfoster with 2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 websouth with 1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 TheRumpledOne with 0.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 103,221 views
    2. thumb_up 135 thanks given
    3. group 36 followers
    1. forum 288 posts
    2. attach_file 75 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

NEVER LOSE AGAIN!! - TheRumpledOne

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,212
Thanks Received: 101,599

TheRumpledOne View Post
Looks like someone removed a post about someone else who created a genetic optimizer for NT. The implication or inference was that this individual is highly intelligent and knows how to back test.

What reason would they have to ask me anything?

Don't you hate it when BIG BROTHER alters history?

Wrong, the original author removed the post. It is not big brother. Despite what you think, the entire world is not out to get you.

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Increase in trading performance by 75%
The Elite Circle
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
34 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
15 thanks
Vinny E-Mini & Algobox Review TRADE ROOM
13 thanks
My NQ Trading Journal
11 thanks
 TheRumpledOne 
Tucson, AZ

Big Mike View Post
Wrong, the original author removed the post. It is not big brother. Despite what you think, the entire world is not out to get you.

Mike

Big Mike:

It is obvious that "the entire world is not out to get me" - just a small part of it. I don't know if the original poster is BIG BROTHER or just part of the inner sanctum.

I am in this thread, that I started, minding my own business. Some come here to learn. Others come here to challenge and harass me. It should be obvious to the reader who the real instigators are. If they do not like me, my methods, my style of teaching, etc... they should just leave me be and never return to this thread. Then all would be fine. But NO, the TRO HATERS come here anyway to do battle with me. They are the ones you should be admonishing, not me.

Did you read what cunparis posted? If not, you need to read it enough times until is SINKS IN!

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,212
Thanks Received: 101,599

TheRumpledOne View Post
It should be obvious to the reader who the real instigators are.

Yes it is obvious. But not to you.

TRO, so now people can't question the method? You come to other posts and question what is being discussed there, but no one is allowed to question you?

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal

cunparis 
Paris, France

Platform: Market Delta & Ninjatrader
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 1,162
Thanks Received: 2,093

cunparis View Post
As TRO says, it doesn't matter where you draw the line. He draws the line at the daily high. I draw my line around trading ranges and swing pivots. The truth is you can draw your line anywhere and trade it. It doesn't matter!

Guys here is a perfect example of trading the line. ES was in a trading range while we were at dinner. We got home at 3:00 ET and I draw lines above and below the trading range. Price went above so I went long. This is like the green rat but I didn't use a 1 hour candle I used a 1 hour trading range. There were warning signs for me to cover but I was giving baths and getting the kids to bed. My stop got hit on the other side, which is like the 1 hr low. I entered and went short.

Loss: 2.5 pts
Win: 3.25 pts
Net: 0.75 pts
PF: 1.3

This example isn't to say hey guys I made 3 ticks. It's to show an example of trading the line. This is the essence of trading for me. The most valuable skill. I'm just learning it but getting better every day.

Notice there are no indicators. No trendlines. no multiple timeframes. Just price & volume and to be honest I didn't even look at volume this time. I assure you I post my real chart. I don't take anything off or hide anything. This is it. Real chart. Real trades. I have nothing to hide. There are no secrets. Trading is a skill that can be learned. It must be practiced.

If anyone has any comments or suggestions I welcome your feedback. TRO - let me know if this is similar to your trading the H1 bar.

Follow me on Twitter

cunparis 
Paris, France

Big Mike View Post

TRO, so now people can't question the method? You come to other posts and question what is being discussed there, but no one is allowed to question you?

Mike

Please guys keep it on topic. So far this is a great thread.

Follow me on Twitter
Thanked by:

cunparis 
Paris, France

TheRumpledOne View Post
cunparis:
Please do me a favor and send that post to your fellow moderators here. Some of them are really on my case.

My advice to you my friend is just to stay on topic here and forget about everyone else.

Follow me on Twitter
 TheRumpledOne 
Tucson, AZ

Big Mike View Post

Mike

Big Mike:

If you have read this thread, you can see that I encourage people to ask questions. And that I answer the questions that are genuine questions.

When someone says "they have reached the conclusion it doesn't work", to me that means their mind is closed, especially when others have said they are finding success. They are looking for fault with me or the system/method when they need to look in the mirror.

Some people are not coming here to learn with an open mind. They are coming here to challenge me. If they disagree, that's OK. When I disagree, I state the reason I disagree. That's all they have to do is state their reason and not make it a personal attack. Many times, they have not even bother to read the thread because they are asking questions that have been answered.

Big Mike, you have made up your mind that I am the instigator. But if you'll take a closer look, you'll see that I am not the one throwing the first punch.

cunparis 
Paris, France

TheRumpledOne View Post
I have been posting my gauges so traders can learn to SEE OPPORTUNITY.

Then I post the gauges showing how far priced moved off the bottom.
I have posted the entry criteria so you know how I trade.

You need to swing the bat to learn how to hit.

I would still like to see your entries & exits. I post a lot of trades so that others can learn from what I do - often learn from my mistakes everyone knows I make plenty.

Follow me on Twitter
 TheRumpledOne 
Tucson, AZ

cunparis View Post
My advice to you my friend is just to stay on topic here and forget about everyone else.

That is kind of hard to do when BIG MIKE himself thinks I am the instigator. Every time, I show him I am NOT the instigator, he refuses to acknowledge that I am correct.

I asked someone to stop harassing me in the chat today. They replied, "I am not done with you, TRO." I asked them again to stop harassing me and who gets called out by Big Mike - I DO!!

It appears there are TRO rules and rules for everyone else.

Every time, I try to steer back on topic, someone attempts to derail my efforts.

cunparis 
Paris, France

TheRumpledOne View Post
But if you'll take a closer look, you'll see that I am not the one throwing the first punch.

TRO - don't throw any punch. Ignore anyone off topic. You don't have to get the last word. Responding just makes it worse. This is the last I say on this, I will not respond to anything else off topic in this thread. Done. I suggest everyone do the same.

Follow me on Twitter

Closed Thread

Last Updated on March 20, 2011

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts