NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Ten-thousand in Education and still not profitable!

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one bobbyacim with 22 posts (47 thanks)
    2. looks_two Cloudy with 21 posts (26 thanks)
    3. looks_3 jstnbrg with 18 posts (53 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Xeno with 17 posts (54 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 9.2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two phantomtrader with 9.1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 tigertrader with 6.9 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 monpere with 4.9 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 113,853 views
    2. thumb_up 1,166 thanks given
    3. group 79 followers
    1. forum 334 posts
    2. attach_file 10 attachments

Search this Thread

Ten-thousand in Education and still not profitable!

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: ATC/TT, AMP/Zen-Fire, AMP/CQG
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 3,803
Thanks Received: 2,842

monpere View Post
I've never traded Forex, but I'm not sure this strategy would work very well there because if you are going for 6 ticks target, you can't give 2 or 3 ticks of that to your broker as a spread, and you cannot afford any slippage on your entries.

Yup, different animal entirely, but you can do amazing volumes.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
18 thanks
farmer55
Minneapolis+ MN / USA

Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 57

Is this the same post anymore? I do not even have a clear reason as to why I am posting, other than to give you the truth.

Your question is superb! May I reword it?

Is it possible to make any money daytrading?
If it is possible will anyone give some kind of verifiable proof?
Is it too much to ask of any one that is selling something that they at least can verify their products?
Is there a successful trader out there, that will teach you how they do it?

I came upon this site by pure accident. I googled a name and I just picked a site and I ended up here. I saw some posts about Ninja trader that interested me, so I started looking around a little. Decided to post on this tread even though I am breaking one of my rules of never exposing my self.

Does anyone make money? Yes, but what in the world makes you think that you are going to be that one person in 200 that actually does?

Trying to get any verification? good luck with that! Only 1 out of 200 has the proof and they are not going to expose anything to anyone. Then there is the other catagory you found here. Notice all the defensive responces? That's because they know they can not do it.

The hard cold truth is, the knowledge is out there but not for sale.

Why do you think this site even exists? All these people have a belief that some one somewhere is going to share a tid bit of knowledge and then they will make money.

What I have is the knowledge. It is like a huge treasure chest filled with rare coins and gold bars. But I have it hidden. No one knows, not even my wife. So why would I ever expose the secret location, or any hint as to where the treasure is buried?

Think about it----Why would I ever give up my edge??? It' s what I know that you don't. Why would I ever give it up?

And there's your answer. No one who really is making money will give up their edge.
If it is for sale, or if you are reading it for free on the internet----stop---it will not work!!!!
No one gives away the secret location to their buried treasure.
But if they do, you can be sure it really isn't worth anything!!!

You will know you have found your treasure when you realize you are no longer looking.

cory 
virginia

Platform: ninja
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 877
Thanks Received: 8,090

farmer55 View Post

agree not for sale, for free actually.

Quoting 
What I have is the knowledge. It is like a huge treasure chest filled with rare coins and gold bars. But I have it hidden. No one knows, not even my wife. So why would I ever expose the secret location, or any hint as to where the treasure is buried?

why? because some can

Quoting 
Think about it----Why would I ever give up my edge??? It' s what I know that you don't. Why would I ever give it up?

its not an edge, edge will be gone eventually. Find a market truth learn how it moves then move with it just like learning how to dance.

Quoting 
You will know you have found your treasure when you realize you are no longer looking.

finally we can agree on this.

jstnbrg 
Chicago, Illinois

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Ninjatrader, TT, InvestorRT
Broker: Advantage Futures, Ninja/TT and InvestorRT/IQFeed.
Trading: Treasury futures
Thanks Given: 194
Thanks Received: 911

farmer55 View Post

And there's your answer. No one who really is making money will give up their edge.
If it is for sale, or if you are reading it for free on the internet----stop---it will not work!!!!
No one gives away the secret location to their buried treasure.
But if they do, you can be sure it really isn't worth anything!!!

The original poster was not asking us for the location to the treasure. He was just asking for some verification that treasure exists, that someone has found treasure. Uploading statements to supply that proof would not give away the location to the treasure, but it might give away personal information best kept private. I think that's why he hasn't gotten any takers.

"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows..."
Thanked by:

monpere 
Bala, PA, USA

Broker: Mirus, IB
Trading: SPY, Oil, Euro
Thanks Given: 300
Thanks Received: 3,371

jstnbrg View Post
The original poster was not asking us for the location to the treasure. He was just asking for some verification that treasure exists, that someone has found treasure. Uploading statements to supply that proof would not give away the location to the treasure, but it might give away personal information best kept private. I think that's why he hasn't gotten any takers.

I think the original poster was talking about vendors who sell trading courses should back up there system with proof that it is profitable. I fully agree. I only spent about $2500 on my education to buy one system, and like most of us have experienced, it was crap! So I decided, no more! I just tried to pick up bits and pieces of wisdom for free wherever I could find it, and that included webinars and free trials. I don't think you will find many systems out there that you will buy and will make you money, but you might pick up a nugget or two of wisdom that will help you out - is it worth $2500? you have to be the judge of that, but there is enough free information out there, together with some hard work and screen time, for you to be able to concoct a profitable system from.

Thanked by:

aquarian1 
Point Roberts, WA, USA

Platform: IB and free NT
Broker: IB
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 1,509
Thanks Received: 2,593

farmer55 View Post
Why do you think this site even exists? All these people have a belief that some one somewhere is going to share a tid bit of knowledge and then they will make money.
Think about it----Why would I ever give up my edge??? ...

Hi Farmer55,

I think there are other valid reasons for a site other than what you have stated.

There are many ways that experienced traders can help and share with others that has nothing to do with their edge.
some examples:
If you see someone trying something that you have tried before you can share your experience with them of what happened for you, as can others and traders who has not yet had the experience can benefit from their experience. Let's say that someone has never really used stochastic indicator before and wants to learn when they might work best, when they give false indications, what other indicators to look at to confirm the signals and so on.

When the experienced traders share their experience they are not "giving up their edge". They may or may not even be using stochastics anymore. Yet by pooling the collective experiences the newer trader can learn, save time and benefit from the experience of those who have gone before. Even the experienced traders can learn for they may hear of an approach with stochastics that they have never thought of using. They might revisit the question themselves or experiment with the technique on another indicator.

There are many reasons for sharing and helping others and gracious people have found this out.

One of the great consolations of the universe is that you cannot help another if your have their best interests at heart, without helpng yourself. [source unknown, approximate quote].

Life is about more than money. When you die you will leave your money and possessions behind you. There is no U-haul behind a hearse.

You will carry forward the love, kindness and compassion you have shown your fellow man. Gather not treasures that rust and rot. Rather gather those treasures which are of the kingdom of heaven and last forever.

Farmer I am very happy you have found your key to trading success - I mean that sincerely. I would never ask you to share "your edge" and as you say, if it is simply explained and easily copied, then when known widely through the competitive nature of the markets if will disappear. (I don't think anyone has asked you.).

My thoughts are just relax and enjoy your abundance. No one is trying to steal it from you. Use your abundance to enjoy and better your life and that of your loved ones. And then if you feel inclined use some of your material wealth to benefit those who need help but only if you can give in a loving and gracious manner. (Grow Rich with Peace of Mind, by Napolean Hill may be of service to you.

Quoting 
The gift of a stingy heart is gift is no gift at all - Robert Neils

On my desk before me is one of Louise Hay 'Wisdom cards" (It just happened to be there, LOL)

"I rejoice in other people's successes because I know that there is plenty for everyone."

sharky 
MIAMI,FL
Legendary Market Wizard

Platform: NinjaTrader, tradingview
Broker: Private
Trading: Crypto and natural gas
Thanks Given: 625
Thanks Received: 3,906

@bobbyacim i hope you find your way to profitable daytrading,i post my trades all the time and my method is there for you for free as i created it for free as well as about 50 other methods all for free just sitting at my stupid computer watching price and thinking about what i was seeing and how i could visulize what i see for others to share...sharky

KILLING THE MARKETS DAILY
farmer55
Minneapolis+ MN / USA

Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 57

Aquarian1,

Your post proves my point. Did you read any of it? I did pass on some knowledge, but is was of the variety you don't want to hear.

If you see someone trying something that you have tried before you can share your experience with them of what happened for you, as can others and traders who has not yet had the experience can benefit from their experience

I plainly told you that none of that stuff works! But you refuse to believe it. Why?

If it is for sale, or if you are reading it for free on the internet----stop---it will not work!!!! What part of that statement don't you understand? I think you do understand, but refuse to believe it, Thus you will continue down your same path.

Moving on. I think this may help you understand about my views concerning wealth. One question would have to be answered correctly before I would even consider teaching someone what I know. And that is----- What exactly are you going to do with all this money you are going to make? If I don't get the answer I want, I wouldn't share.

Take the post right after yours------50 free systems. Now just ask yourself------If any of them were any good, wouldn't this site be all about that one system that works?

It's impossible for most people to admit they are wrong. Because it means in some cases that decades have been lost in search of something in which they are no closer to now than when they began.

ThatManFromTexas 
Houston,Tx

Broker: Mirus Futures/Zen-Fire
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 1,206
Thanks Received: 4,348

I met a fella here in Texas that says he has written a software program that will pick winning numbers for the Texas Lottery. He sells the software for $9.95. He says no one knows about it because the State of Texas is doing everything they can think of to keep the information out of the press because it will cost them too much money paying every one if word gets out and they have even put out a contract on him out of desperation. In fact that is why he lives in a van parked down by the river .

Should I buy this software?

Disclaimer: This post does not represent the view point the owners, managers, or moderators of this web site and is not intended as a slam against any moderator, board member, any banned former members whose name we dare not say, any other living person, any recently living person or any person or persons whose status we are not sure of. This post is meant purely for entertainment and should not be confused with a real thought.

I'm just a simple man trading a simple plan.

My daddy always said, "Every day above ground is a good day!"

trs3042 
Holland, Michigan

Experience: None
Platform: ninjatrader
Broker: CQG
Trading: Acoustic Guitar
Thanks Given: 23,764
Thanks Received: 5,616

ThatManFromTexas View Post
I met a fella here in Texas that says he has written a software program that will pick winning numbers for the Texas Lottery. He sells the software for $9.95. He says no one knows about it because the State of Texas is doing everything they can think of to keep the information out of the press because it will cost them too much money paying every one if word gets out and they have even put out a contract on him out of desperation. In fact that is why he lives in a van parked down by the river .

Should I buy this software?

Disclaimer: This post does not represent the view point the owners, managers, or moderators of this web site and is not intended as a slam against any moderator, board member, any banned former members whose name we dare not say, any other living person, any recently living person or any person or persons whose status we are not sure of. This post is meant purely for entertainment and should not be confused with a real thought.

EXECELLANT!!!

Rick

Thanked by:

Last Updated on March 20, 2017

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts