NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

TF trading using CCI method-it works

Discussion in Emini and Emicro Index

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one ESFXtrader with 66 posts (341 thanks)
    2. looks_two MWinfrey with 44 posts (154 thanks)
    3. looks_3 ThatManFromTexas with 28 posts (96 thanks)
    4. looks_4 cory with 17 posts (20 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one ESFXtrader with 5.2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two MWinfrey with 3.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 ThatManFromTexas with 3.4 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 cory with 1.2 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 228,389 views
    2. thumb_up 787 thanks given
    3. group 157 followers
    1. forum 426 posts
    2. attach_file 144 attachments

TF trading using CCI method-it works

hoeman 
VT, USA

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader, AmiBroker, IB TWS
Broker: Mirus/Zen-Fire, IB
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 4
Thanks Received: 4

Hi, I was wondering why one of your charts show a 34 EMA. Is it 31 or 34?

Also, on the stochastics, that would be in the order of (%K, smoothing for %K, %D) right?

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
36 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
25 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
19 thanks
The Program
18 thanks

ESFXtrader
West Coast of Florida

Thanks Given: 56
Thanks Received: 2,284

I see why you might have some confusion on the 31 & 34EMAs. I have been using the 34EMA for a long time and recently was on a webinar with a pro, who had proven that the 31 EMA was more reliable. I have been checking it out and I have them on 2 different charts, all else identical. I haven't concluded that one is better than the other to date. They both work well for my use of them. You can compare them with what you trade and decide for yourself. I intend to add CL to my trading in the next couple of months. What I have seen thus far with my CCI method looks very good. There is no full proof method of trading, but this comes the closest to anything I have seen. The only problem with this is in a very choppy market. Then you must move your stops quickly to at least 1 one tick winners on each trade, soas to avoid loses. I have seen 50 winning trades in a single day: 18 -1 tick winners because of moving the stops. Better trades were had by getting in at a better price or going to another market and waiting for another entry there. When a trade moves to a 5 tick winner and then retraces even more, where do you want to be?
WK

hoeman 
VT, USA

Thanks for the clarification. Could you clarify the stochastics settings? Don't get me wrong, I get the indicator, it's just that different platforms have different ordering. NT's order is (%D, %K, %K smoothing), but most people usually quote stochastics settings in %K, %K smoothing, %D.

ESFXtrader
West Coast of Florida

I'm sure you are aware of several platforms that only offer the StochLength (1st#) mine are either 6 or 8 and one SmoothingLength. TradeStation offers a second SmoothingLength in a % format as you described. I am yet to see any of those with only one SmoothingLength work as well in pinpointing entries and exits of reversals at overbought/oversold conditions as those similar to TradeStation Charting as seen on my chart. If you are looking for more detail, you might want to research it, as I just use what works, once I have proved it. I hope that helps. Time to get some sleep....good trading.

hoeman 
VT, USA

Ok, so are your settings on TradeStation

StochLength( 6 ),
SmoothingLength1( 5 ), { used to slow FastK to FastD = SlowK }
SmoothingLength2( 3 ), { used to slow FastD to SlowD }

MWinfrey 
Lubbock TX

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Stage 5 Trading
Trading: CL
Thanks Given: 1,450
Thanks Received: 3,335

ESFXtrader View Post
One of my simplest Trading plans for any time frame and any vehicle: I like 377 tick on the TF, 15 minute charts for FX, 633 tick for ES, & 11 tick on EURO future.
CCI is set for 14,-45,45--Histogram; Trade Setups: Long when CCI exceeds +45 and Short when CCI exceeds
-45. Take profit and reverse trade after 5 bars with less value, ignoring lower bars than the next or one later. Exp: 200, 195, 185, 150, 148, 160, 120, 50: reverse. Even great for scalpers on a shorter timeframe.
The turquoise dashed lines are the Keltner channels.
The Stochastics shown is 6,5,3. I also use the 8.3,3.
I also added the MACD. The BBs, MACD, and Stochastics are used for divergence entry and exit points.

YOu saved your chart as a .bmp file and is 3.5 MB. That's huge. Please remove this one and attach a jpg file.

thanks,
Mike

jdella 
Concord, NH USA

Platform: Ninja trader
Broker: AMP/CQG
Thanks Given: 140
Thanks Received: 115

ESFXtrader View Post
One of my simplest Trading plans for any time frame and any vehicle: I like 377 tick on the TF, 15 minute charts for FX, 633 tick for ES, & 11 tick on EURO future.
CCI is set for 14,-45,45--Histogram; Trade Setups: Long when CCI exceeds +45 and Short when CCI exceeds
-45. Take profit and reverse trade after 5 bars with less value, ignoring lower bars than the next or one later. Exp: 200, 195, 185, 150, 148, 160, 120, 50: reverse. Even great for scalpers on a shorter timeframe.
The turquoise dashed lines are the Keltner channels.
The Stochastics shown is 6,5,3. I also use the 8.3,3.
I also added the MACD. The BBs, MACD, and Stochastics are used for divergence entry and exit points.

ESFXtrader, could you please elaborate as to what you mean by taking profit and reversing after 5 bars with less value, does that mean if for example after you have an entry long when CCI is over 45 and continues to be so, you stick with the trade until you now have 5 bars that are lower than the absolute high/low bar of that move? Which could be exactly 5 or could be maybe 7 or 8 or even 10 bars later? Is that what I'm to understand?

Also, you only use an 11 tick chart to trade the 6e? is that a typo, or are you using that fast of a chart on that mkt?

Thanks, Jeff

cory 
virginia

Platform: ninja
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 877
Thanks Received: 8,090

ESFXtrader View Post
... I am yet to see any of those with only one SmoothingLength work as well in pinpointing entries and exits of reversals at overbought/oversold conditions as those similar to TradeStation Charting as seen on my chart. ...

we have it, this example uses SMI2 but we improve it to SMI5 already.

ESFXtrader
West Coast of Florida

I finally had a chance to respond to some of the posts.

WK........could you explain how you use the double Bollinger Bands set on 2 and 2.5.
Jeff, the 2.5 was shown to me by a professional trader and has served me well, as most often, when the price action moves beyond it, a reversal is forthcoming. The standard 2 is more often hit and is best traded with another indicator, such as divergence, or confirmation with the CCI, although, many times it can be an early entry, if you don't mind the risk and a tight stop beyond the 2.5.
Once you have the chart setup as I have indicated, you can look at it on whatever you trade and any timeframe and the trades begin to become very clear.

Jeff
I thought my system was pretty easy to see. I'll try again. When there is a higher value bar of the CCI after a lower (be it – or +), do not count the lower value bar as one of the 5 count back bars. EX: Say the following were the value of the CCI bars: 205, 188, 161, 144, 175, 140, 160, 186, 154, 141, 101.

Counting back 1st lower bar-188, because 175 is higher than the 2 previous, ignore them; 160, ignoring 140; then we have 186 causing us to ignore 161 thru 160; 154, 141, 101. The price reversal most often takes place at the close of the 5th bar, where I would short the market, be it daily, 15 min, 5 min, or , in the TF case-377 tick. The same is the case with negative numbers, where the trade is long.

Remember, if the count back bar comes before the reversal -45 or 45 bar, trade off it, otherwise, trade of the 45 bar. The more charts you peruse, the clearer the setups become.

“you only use an 11 tick chart to trade the 6e?”
Thanks, Jeff
Actually, the 11 tick chart would be to fast on the 6e, and I was referring to the TradeStation's @E7, which is the e-mini EURO FX continuous contract. Each tick is $6.50 per contract. I will include a chart with notations. Hopefully this will clear up most questions.

Hoeman, Keeping it simple: SlowK is the blue and fast acting and SlowD is the red and slow acting.

Cory,
I'm not sure what you are trying to show with the post, but it is an excellent example of a triple divergence setup (that seldom fail).
Also, one must compare many hours of the action of the example you post compared to the Stochastics with two SmoothingLengths. My post indicated that I have not seen a single SmoothingLength equal that of the one with two. Maybe you have one, but a lengthly study would be required to prove it.

WK

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	@E7trades-11tick-12-29-10.bmp
Views:	1944
Size:	3.71 MB
ID:	27440  

Jeff Castille 
Northern California

Platform: Ninja Trader
Broker: Amp Futures/ Zen-Fire
Trading: YM and CL
Thanks Given: 1,783
Thanks Received: 3,303

WK,

Please see post #16...........the charts you post take forever to load.......matter of fact.....I couldn't get the last one to load at all.

Thanks, Jeff

Follow me on Twitter

Last Updated on December 21, 2014

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts