NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Anyone heard of EOTPRO?

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one dandxg with 9 posts (1 thanks)
    2. looks_two h4cked with 4 posts (6 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Daytrader999 with 4 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 tigerman with 2 posts (2 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one h4cked with 1.5 thanks per post
    2. looks_two tigerman with 1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 jodistrict with 1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Cloudy with 0.5 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 20,088 views
    2. thumb_up 13 thanks given
    3. group 8 followers
    1. forum 31 posts
    2. attach_file 5 attachments

Search this Thread

Anyone heard of EOTPRO?

Cloudy 
desert CA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NT7, various
Broker: various, TDA
Trading: NQ,ES
Thanks Given: 2,396
Thanks Received: 1,748

jodistrict View Post
I was in EOTPRO for a year and lost over a thousand dollars by taking the exact same trades as the moderator. Now that I know a lot more about trading, I can see that the trades the moderator took were obviously bad trades in chop with no trend in sight. The neural network puts arrows in places that just make no sense, and a human with a few indicators can do better. Also when I was there they were changing their system every week even though it was suppose to be the best. I now am studying with Shadowtraders and I am very happy. Unlike EOTPRO - they teach you to trade, it works, and they care. When I listen to the Shadowtraders chatroom, I only get insightful information on the markets and not corny jokes delivered by the annoying smartalick voice of a wannabee comedian.

I just tried their "open house". I couldn't believe the tone of the annoying jackaft sounding host. Reminds me of a similar wisecracking econ teacher in a community college (community colleges can have all kinds of wackos as teachers) who was like that, making cracking jokes about all of us wasting our time going to school and even taking his class. Sheez, if one isn't going to be serious about their product and treats it all like a joke, why bother?

Anyways, they said it's now $233 /month for the room. And they have some new "MRI" automated trading "indicators". And the first moderator said their rooms were going to emphasize more "training" rather than live calls currently. Don't let that big black server front web page background photo fool you. If you look closely at some of those systems in those racks, they look like over 10 year old Dell powervaults.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs
Quant vue
Trading Reviews and Vendors
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout

Richard
Dallas TX/USA

Thanks Given: 33
Thanks Received: 284

dandxg View Post
And I miss Richard from when I was a regular member 3 years ago.

I remember you, Dan! And I'm glad you enjoyed your time with us back then. Sorry for the late reply but I only visit forums about once every 1.5 years LOL.

I see a two-year-old post in this thread that says:

Tundi View Post
Back in the day, EOT was a decent place for a beginner to learn about futures and indicators without getting roped into alot of hype on buzzwords like NN. Perhaps that had an impact on Richard's decision to move on and do his own thing.

Much belated thanks, Tundi. Yeah, if you look at EOTPro today and compare that to the EOTPro of 2008, you can see that it has changed a lot. Their vision and mine for going forward really didn't match, so I bowed out. The focus seems to be much more on automated trading, and black-box algorithms now.

In a way I can understand that, because even stuff developed many years ago still works fine for discretionary trading. It's not bad tech that kills discretionary daytraders, but bad psychology. If the original tradestation-forum posts from EOTPro are still around, you can see it started out with little more than a MA and a cycle-optimized stochastic. That's more-or-less still how I trade today... just a couple well-chosen indicators and common sense. And I learned a lot of what I do today from Glen and Bill.

So, I get why making black-box products for automated traders is a good way to expand the business, but I'm just not into that. I would have much rather converted into a discretionary hedge fund and dropped the indicator clients altogether.

They still have some of the old magic: I'm in their open-house room today, and Glen is talking, and I still love it. He has so much good trading wisdom to share! He is talking about common-sense trading ideas like when it's good to look for pullbacks, and when it would be a mistake to wait. There's real value there to the discretionary trader. He's talking about cycles and using farming as a metaphor for trading, and I'm all smiles. That's why I wanted to be with them in the first place.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on December 5, 2012

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts