NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

DTN Bridge (Dukascopy to NT)

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one ToolsForTrader with 10 posts (11 thanks)
    2. looks_two Stem1 with 6 posts (6 thanks)
    3. looks_3 LukeGeniol with 5 posts (10 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Trader.Jon with 2 posts (1 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one LukeGeniol with 2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two ToolsForTrader with 1.1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Stem1 with 1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Trader.Jon with 0.5 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 17,967 views
    2. thumb_up 28 thanks given
    3. group 7 followers
    1. forum 22 posts
    2. attach_file 11 attachments

Search this Thread

DTN Bridge (Dukascopy to NT)

ToolsForTrader
Austin

Thanks Given: 17
Thanks Received: 14

Stem1 View Post
Thanks for your answers.

....."In case of loss of connections, DNT Bridge tries to reconnect 3 times. If it fails to connect, It waits for 10 second and tries again 3 times. If it can't connect then you need reconnect it manually on clicking on Connect button."

Is there an option to enable the DNT Bridge to keep trying to reconnect untill it is successful (like NT)? I live in Far North Queensland at the end of the line and my experience with Gain and IB shows some disconnections can last hours.

Also, because the profit targets and stop losses are held on Duka's server, is it correct that once these have been placed I could be disconnected indefinitly and the PT and SL would still be executed?

...."To use historical data from Dukascopy with Ninja Trader, we need to convert the Dukascopy's historical tick data into Ninja readable format and then import the data into Ninja Trader.Thanks"

I'm not familiar with this process, is historic tick data standardized with all brokers or does everyone do it their own way? Could some exitsting method be adapted? I have found it somewhat critical for tuning Automated Strategies to use the same ECN/Data for trading as for testing, this narrows the gap between historical and live trading.

Thanks

Stem1,
For DNT Bridge specific questions, I have replied via PM

Regarding using Historical tick data from Dukascopy in to Ninja Trader,
Each platform uses its own format for data. Ninja Trader can not interpret the historical data from Dukascopy.
You need to convert it to the format which Ninja Trader can understand. then you can import data into Ninja Trader.
Possible way is to write a program which will scan through the Dukascopy Historical ata and re-write in to Ninja Trader's data format.
I hope this helps.

Thanks,
ToolsForTrader

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Ninja Mobile Trader VPS (ninjamobiletrader.com)
Trading Reviews and Vendors
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
37 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
24 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks
The Program
19 thanks
 Stem1 
Cairns Australia

Experience: Beginner
Platform: MC,NT7
Broker: Dukascopy
Trading: FX
Thanks Given: 96
Thanks Received: 9

I've been testing the NT7/Bridge/Duka autotrading FX in demo for the past two weeks and have found the following;

The bridge; appart from the non perseverence to relogin, the bridge works great. I have lost sections of histrical data when the bridge got disconnected then gave up trying to relogin (unlike ninja). ToolsforTrader has indicated this will be fixed.

Dukascopy; the first week was great, I had disconnections while in a trade and the server held TP and SL worked perfectly. I went back in later and manually cancelld the remaining limit order no problem. The JForex platform I found very easy to get around (unlike IB TWS). Then the platform shut itself off and repeated attempts to relogin failed. I tried again the next day still to no avail. I joined the duka forum and tried to find the reason, couldn't, then asked for help. My forum account was deleted, so I repeated the process and it happenned again. So I repeated the process and this time got a link to exactly the problem I was having (with 2400 views). There's a list of things I had to do, open TCP/IP port, clear java cache, set java properties, uninstall all things java etc. and in the end it didn't work. I sent support an email, no reply. I've run thru the list a few more times, still doesn't work, no JForex platform. I sent another email saying their fix doesnt work and am waiting for a reply. Its been 5 days without the platform. All this time NT7 and the Bridge keep chugging away making trades, but I cant see them. NT7 loses synch with all the disconnections so the positions and accounting gets messed up, but watching the progress of the trades on JForex was very easy. I would just like to log into JForex, it seems like such a simple request....

Thanked by:

Reeser 
Cardoba, Argentina

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninja
Trading: futures
Thanks Given: 11
Thanks Received: 17

JPMorgan Chase bank has said, it's a fact, on Nov 17, 2013 will be limiting bank wires to 50k leaving the country(US). In the future it could go system wide with other banks. JPMorgan Chase is the biggest bank in the U.S.
So, We expats (US) living around the world will probably, eventually be cut off from any banks or brokers sending money outside of the U.S. You can bring money in, not out. So, I need a Ninjatrader Broker outside of the US and most preferably not European(except Swiss) or any of the first world English speaking countries( Canada, GB, Austrailia, NZ, etc).

A Ninjatrader to Dukascopy bridge, that worked, would have been a very, very useful tool right now. There will probably be an ever increasing need for this.

Does anybody know of a good Ninjatrader Broker outside of the U.S. or a Ninjatrader bridge to their feeds?

Last Updated on October 29, 2013

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts