NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

www.acetrades.com

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one sharmas with 17 posts (14 thanks)
    2. looks_two TDRscalper with 17 posts (1 thanks)
    3. looks_3 justtrader with 13 posts (9 thanks)
    4. looks_4 cory with 11 posts (11 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 6.3 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Greg4hvn with 4.2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 phantomtrader with 4.2 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 bandtasia with 2.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 124,066 views
    2. thumb_up 368 thanks given
    3. group 61 followers
    1. forum 172 posts
    2. attach_file 14 attachments

Search this Thread

www.acetrades.com

sharmas 
Auckland

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Ninja Trader
Broker: Zen-Fire
Trading: CL and ES
Thanks Given: 3,822
Thanks Received: 750

RickW00716 View Post
Declassify the keys!

I am pretty sure someone out there will have his complete course and one day will share it

Sharmas

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Quant vue
Trading Reviews and Vendors
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts

ESTradeMan 
Columbus, OH

Platform: NT7 TS9 MT4
Broker: NinjaTrader Brokerage
Trading: ES NQ GC CL
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 2

sharmas View Post
I am pretty sure someone out there will have his complete course and one day will share it

Sharmas

Good guess... :-)

Thanked by:
 bandtasia 
Grand Junction, Colorado/USA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: IB/NinjaTrader
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 27
Thanks Received: 39

The last time I had a chat with Ace, he said his team was working on another strategy and were forward testing it. He also said he has a great group of loyal followers and isn't really promoting his material at this point.

Somebody already sort of shared the keys - not a direct Ace subscriber, but a friend of someone who was. There is a non-disclosure agreement that subscribers are required to submit, which the friend may not have known about. However, Ace is no different from any other vendor who expects to get paid for their material, and I think that should be respected.

With that said, since he is not actively online, I would look at your basic market structure tools and number or name them for yourselves, and that will give you a pretty good clue. Another hint - look at what happened yesterday. Look at what happened overnight. We should be doing that anyway. Some may also think in terms of a moving average or trendline as a couple additional tools. And most of all, when you're creating strategies around these basics, keep it simple and repeatable. I will leave it at that as I am not going to break my agreement, but there is really no mystery here. Value, YES!

If Ace lets me know he is opening up another service, I'd be happy to let everyone know.

Thanked by:

justtrader 
San Francisco, CA

Platform: Ninja Trader, TOS
Trading: es, rty, cl, gc, nq, ym
Thanks Given: 104
Thanks Received: 173

I believe I got the attached picture of a chart during a trial back on 2018.
Can you tell me how to calculate the Cyan color bands?
Also how to get the bunch of magenta color lines?

Thanks

JT

bandtasia View Post
The last time I had a chat with Ace, he said his team was working on another strategy and were forward testing it. He also said he has a great group of loyal followers and isn't really promoting his material at this point.

Somebody already sort of shared the keys - not a direct Ace subscriber, but a friend of someone who was. There is a non-disclosure agreement that subscribers are required to submit, which the friend may not have known about. However, Ace is no different from any other vendor who expects to get paid for their material, and I think that should be respected.

With that said, since he is not actively online, I would look at your basic market structure tools and number or name them for yourselves, and that will give you a pretty good clue. Another hint - look at what happened yesterday. Look at what happened overnight. We should be doing that anyway. Some may also think in terms of a moving average or trendline as a couple additional tools. And most of all, when you're creating strategies around these basics, keep it simple and repeatable. I will leave it at that as I am not going to break my agreement, but there is really no mystery here. Value, YES!

If Ace lets me know he is opening up another service, I'd be happy to let everyone know.

TWYS NWYT (Price Advertises Opportunity; Time Regulates it; Volume Measures its Success/Failure ---- Dalton)
 sharmas 
Auckland

Hi
This was never ACE Trades chart as his charts only had candles and price

This is what I created and the levels on the chart was something I reversed engineered

I might revisit the workings and see if it still holds true and give us the edge

Sharmas

justtrader View Post
I believe I got the attached picture of a chart during a trial back on 2018.
Can you tell me how to calculate the Cyan color bands?
Also how to get the bunch of magenta color lines?

Thanks

JT

Krav69
Denver, Colorado

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 44

Interesting......

AceTrades was looking to sell out several years ago. Kevin mentioned being purchased by some students (he had 65 full time students, lifetime members, as of 2018), but it was complicated.

I was also approached about buying the business in 2019 since he wanted to concentrate on other business ventures.

Buying the business would have been very complicated for just about anyone, so it looks like he prolly gave it up.

Sorry to see him go. I made Ace's Method work and he changed my trading for the better, but it wasn't easy, and others didn't fare so well.

Thanked by:
Krav69
Denver, Colorado

Oh criminy, I forgot to mention that I solved an enduring mystery here on Futures.io.......

Last time I spoke with Ace, I mentioned the name of David LaCroix, and Ace flipped out, "Wow!!! He's an old student of mine from the early 2000's!! Tell 'em I said 'hi' next time you talk to him!".

David LaCroix is HT with Leading Edge Trading.....

sharmas 
Auckland

Interesting

What is the relationship between this 2 individuals. Has ACE joined Leading Edge now

Sharmas

Krav69 View Post
Oh criminy, I forgot to mention that I solved an enduring mystery here on Futures.io.......

Last time I spoke with Ace, I mentioned the name of David LaCroix, and Ace flipped out, "Wow!!! He's an old student of mine from the early 2000's!! Tell 'em I said 'hi' next time you talk to him!".

David LaCroix is HT with Leading Edge Trading.....

Krav69
Denver, Colorado

No, nothing like that.

Ace is actually, (last I spoke to him), pushing 70 years old and looking to retire. He wanted to turn the business over to successful students so that they could carry it on.

HT (David LaCroix) of Leading Edge Trading fame, is a former student of Ace Trades from 2003 (or thereabouts), and is also looking to retire.

So no, Ace didn't join HT and Leading Edge Trading.

Thanked by:
 bandtasia 
Grand Junction, Colorado/USA

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: IB/NinjaTrader
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 27
Thanks Received: 39

I also agree the posted chart is not an Ace trades chart.

I have said before, his material is not unique necessarily. What made it work was how he put it together (keys) in an easy way to learn and remember, he kept it simple, and he fostered confidence.

In other words, some things are just common knowledge and available everywhere online. For this reason, I will share the following link:

https://tradeproacademy.com/favorite-futures-trading-levels/

Happy Trading to All.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on November 26, 2022

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts