NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

www.fulcrumtrader.com

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one FulcrumTrader with 11 posts (7 thanks)
    2. looks_two dk27 with 6 posts (4 thanks)
    3. looks_3 cory with 5 posts (6 thanks)
    4. looks_4 mattz with 4 posts (3 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Jigsaw Trading with 9 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 4.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 sysot1t with 2.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 FulcrumTrader with 0.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 43,140 views
    2. thumb_up 69 thanks given
    3. group 24 followers
    1. forum 62 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments

Search this Thread

www.fulcrumtrader.com

Trafford 
London, England

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninja
Broker: Mirus Futures/Zen-Fire
Trading: EUR
Thanks Given: 378
Thanks Received: 229

I am currently in Chris's room and going through his course - I like his trading style and take on the market. I have done the lot, Fibonnacci, MP, etc. I like the supply and demand physics that Chris teaches and it really cements my understanding and he style is easing going and relaxed, which is my style.

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
33 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
My NQ Trading Journal
14 thanks
HumbleTraders next chapter
11 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
11 thanks

ticker 
Houston TX

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 63
Thanks Received: 9

Anybody tried Fulcrum's method using gomiCD?

Only way I know to get the view using zenfire, else have to switch to DTN IQ and Investor/RT to get a working view of cumulative delta.

I think cumulative delta does a great job of identifying divergences.

Anyone actually making money with the system?

Bramhall17 
Manchester UK

Platform: NinjaTrader 7
Trading: ES NQ + Weekly Options
Thanks Given: 22
Thanks Received: 12

Yes very much so !

Jigsaw Trading  Jigsaw Trading is an official Site Sponsor

Thanks Given: 831
Thanks Received: 10,393

I've seen a lot of Chris's stuff and he has a way of interpreting delta.

Some of his theories do break down in certain markets. One of the main tenets behind his system is that big players enter and exit the market using market orders. This is simply not true.

I'll give an example. At the high of the day you will usually see a lot of offers on the DOM - this is the same on all markets. On the ES you may see 15000 offered but only 10,000 bid. You see a lot of selling (mostly 1 lots) and you also notice that this selling is hitting a fairly small bid but the bid is not really going down. This is a sure indication that a large player is stacking the offer to entice reversal traders but at the same time is buying all he can with an iceberg order on the bid. This is an aggressive play, the aggressor is the buyer and he is buying with market orders. I have seen 20,000 market sell orders go through on the ES without price tickind down more than 2-3 ticks before the buyer stepped on the gas, pushed through the high at which point all the sellers brought to cover and the player sold against that buying. He probably averaged 5-6 ticks.

Now - Fulcrum doesn't (As far as I know) use DOM/T&S and therefore will not be seeing this. He does state emphatically that pros use market orders and that's all they use. Just take that with a pinch of salt.

What is key about this style is that you are using data that is not price. It is a seperate and distinct dimension and as such it will tell you more than any price based study possibly can. It will take a lot of study and a lot of work but to learn about this stuff for less than $1000 is a bargain in my opinion. The only issue for some people will be the 6+ months from learning this to actually benefitting from it.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 dk27 
Europe

Platform: NT, IB
Broker: IQfeed, IB
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 223
Thanks Received: 144

I found this FT review, comments are also interesting.

Fulcrum Trader Blog for Trading Success: Ray Barros

Thanked by:

cory 
virginia

Platform: ninja
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 877
Thanks Received: 8,090

dk27 View Post
I found this FT review, comments are also interesting.

Fulcrum Trader Blog for Trading Success: Ray Barros

Quoting 
dom said,in November 30th, 2011 at 4:19 am
I am probably one of the very few people who have seen Chris trade live. No, i dont mean in some virtual trade room where he might say “I went long here and now im just managing this winning trade BLA BLA BLA” but seeing a live account (of my small prop firm). Trust me when I say this, THIS GUY IS A TERRIBLE TRADER. Maybe you will find his education helpful, that might be, but i have seen how he traded like a maniac trading his “accordion”. he was never following his own plan and he really could not at all stick to his own set risk parameters. Things like “maximum contract size, maximum risk per trade, daily loss limits” are things that he just totally ignored and he lost more money faster than any other trader i have ever met and he would have blown out those accounts. Fortunately it was a very easy decision for us to get rid of this guy since he completely violated all risk parameters 3 times out of the first 4 live trading days. And not jsut slightly like f.e. a maximum trade size in the dax of 10 and he traded 12 or so, no if his max size allowed was 10 then you could easily find yourself trading 25-40 contracts…I also have a friend who had an account with him. He started the account with 30k and chris wiped it out in 1 day (no joke)…
I would stay FAR away from that guy.

Dom

P.S.: I have all the documents to back up what i say and in case there is a real argument starting here than i would be willing to let a trusted source like Ray Barros check the files.
Great book by the way Ray!

sounds credible I know his 'accordion' trade but I thought he doesn't have to do it any more.

Thanked by:

FulcrumTrader 
Austin, TX & Las Vegas, NV

Platform: Investor RT Pro, NT 7.0
Trading: ES, DAX, CL, 6E
Thanks Given: 32
Thanks Received: 287

I was told about this other thread/post some time ago and it is not accurate - I have never in my life traded for any prop firm so I have no idea where someone came up with that one (and I have never traded the Accordion in any prop group). I traded for a private equity group for about a year, and we had monthly returns of 3.3% to 8.1% in all the months I was there - never ever traded prop. Also, as I have mentioned here before...I am no longer a part of FulcrumTrader since that was taken over completely by the TradersHelpDesk group.

Currently, I trade my own funds and I have been working on a Kitplane project which I have wanted to do for some time. In the couple of years I was running FulcrumTrader, I met and interacted with some really great people - and there were about 3 that I have had disputes with for various reasons (sometimes people tick you off and you just don't want to deal with them). All in all, I am glad I set up FulcrumTrader to demonstrate a method for using Cumulative Delta. In the end, trading is an individual sport so each trader has to ultimately figure out (on their own) how to handle their personal trading - and this of course is everyones challenge.

dk27 
Europe

Platform: NT, IB
Broker: IQfeed, IB
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 223
Thanks Received: 144

Actually the main complaint was about you not providing training as agreed.

Swisstrader1 
Zurich, Switzerland

Platform: Market Delta, Ninjatrader
Trading: Bund, 6E, FDAX, ES
Thanks Given: 14
Thanks Received: 15

FulcrumTrader View Post
I was told about this other thread/post some time ago and it is not accurate - I have never in my life traded for any prop firm so I have no idea where someone came up with that one (and I have never traded the Accordion in any prop group). I traded for a private equity group for about a year, and we had monthly returns of 3.3% to 8.1% in all the months I was there - never ever traded prop. Also, as I have mentioned here before...I am no longer a part of FulcrumTrader since that was taken over completely by the TradersHelpDesk group.

Currently, I trade my own funds and I have been working on a Kitplane project which I have wanted to do for some time. In the couple of years I was running FulcrumTrader, I met and interacted with some really great people - and there were about 3 that I have had disputes with for various reasons (sometimes people tick you off and you just don't want to deal with them). All in all, I am glad I set up FulcrumTrader to demonstrate a method for using Cumulative Delta. In the end, trading is an individual sport so each trader has to ultimately figure out (on their own) how to handle their personal trading - and this of course is everyones challenge.

Chris, are you sure you want to keep this "discussion" open? So you never traded for a Swiss CTA/Prop Trading Group??
You were not kicked out within a few days because you 1) traded like a maniac, violating all risk parameters 2) not even traded your own setups?
You did not blow out that other retail account of Jake?

FulcrumTrader 
Austin, TX & Las Vegas, NV

Platform: Investor RT Pro, NT 7.0
Trading: ES, DAX, CL, 6E
Thanks Given: 32
Thanks Received: 287

Swisstrader1 View Post
Chris, are you sure you want to keep this "discussion" open? So you never traded for a Swiss CTA/Prop Trading Group??
You were not kicked out within a few days because you 1) traded like a maniac, violating all risk parameters 2) not even traded your own setups?
You did not blow out that other retail account of Jake?

The only "managed futures" group I ever worked with out of the EU, I told them after one night of testing live I would never trade on their platform again. A platform with a third party add-on tool which had several major technical issues, to include the "ghost stop orders" problem that was going on at the time with IB TWS. You can't trade a platform that has stop orders that show on a platform but don't actually trigger if touched. I warned that group to junk that platform as fast as they can and go to XTrader 7 or something different. D_M (dom) with that same group raved about how great "huddy" was as a trader and would not stop gushing over the guy, and my question was, "how in the heck does he use that piece of junk trading platform set up?"

I find it rather odd when a guy that is suppose to be a Swiss Fund Manager is going around on forums bitching about other traders and yet he does not have the sack to manage (trade) the funds himself. When someone tells you your platform is junk and they will not trade on it you should listen. When you can man up and trade real funds like all the other traders on these forums (good and bad...part of the game) then come show us all your results. Your life will never get ahead cheerleading Huddy one day and then later saying how terrible the guy was on forums - that to me is just pathetic. When you MANAGE funds for a firm have the sack to say what happens on "my watch" is my resposibility, and if you don't like what your traders are doing just fire them and move on (since you can't even trade yourself - LOL). I don't see REAL Fund Managers from Chicago on the forums here bitching about what millions their traders lost last week, they deal with their wins/losses and move on.

I have traded for 11 different individuals or groups in my life...lost money for two and made 5 to 6 figure returns for 9 others, so like other traders I have wins and losses. That is how trading works and when you can actually trade yourself and show us a multi-year record of your results that would be nice. If you can't handle taking losses as a Swiss Fund Manager (pretty title) then get out of the game and take up something different. Man up and start trading yourself and quit bitching about others, set up your own fund and after a year or two come back here and show us all what you have got. Show us all what YOU can do!

Last Updated on March 7, 2020

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts