NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

ACD trading By Mark Fisher

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one mfbreakout with 195 posts (185 thanks)
    2. looks_two Fat Tails with 92 posts (260 thanks)
    3. looks_3 sysot1t with 21 posts (2 thanks)
    4. looks_4 forrestang with 20 posts (4 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one silver99 with 4.7 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Fat Tails with 2.8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 dandxg with 2 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 mfbreakout with 0.9 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 353,167 views
    2. thumb_up 598 thanks given
    3. group 119 followers
    1. forum 541 posts
    2. attach_file 163 attachments

Search this Thread

ACD trading By Mark Fisher

Fat Tails 
Berlin, Europe
Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader, MultiCharts
Broker: Interactive Brokers
Trading: Keyboard
Thanks Given: 4,242
Thanks Received: 27,102

sysot1t View Post
anything not pure... your changes work for you... i prefer an indicator that uses the original method.. nothing more... of course, if your method has made millions and you started your own FCM, then let me know... I would be interested on studying it and seeing how I can apply it... otherwise... it is just not the ACD method...

@sysot1t: Could you explain to me, why it is not the ACD method? In particular which are the differences that you have identified?

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
Battlestations: Show us your trading desks!
26 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
25 thanks
The Program
17 thanks
 sysot1t 

Fat Tails View Post
@ sysot1t: Could you explain to me, why it is not the ACD method? In particular which are the differences that you have identified?

dood, really... I hate when people play stupid... so just read the book and see the differences for yourself...

Fat Tails 
Berlin, Europe
Market Wizard

sysot1t View Post
i wouldnt say he uses "ETH"... he actually uses somewhat custom sessions, that include some of the ETH... but not for all instruments.. the information about it has been shared already in other threads and on this one, just look at the settings.. they are self explanatory.

sysot1t View Post
use the search function... you will find what I found... or even refer to the emails we had exchange a long time ago.. either way..

sysot1t View Post
you should read page 13 of the book again... you will have your answer...

sysot1t View Post
if you are going to code something that will adhere to the original ACD method, I would not mind collaborating... if you are going to bastardize it ala FT.. not interested.... let me know which way you are thinking...

sysot1t View Post
anything not pure... your changes work for you... i prefer an indicator that uses the original method.. nothing more... of course, if your method has made millions and you started your own FCM, then let me know... I would be interested on studying it and seeing how I can apply it... otherwise... it is just not the ACD method...

sysot1t View Post
dood, really... I hate when people play stupid... so just read the book and see the differences for yourself...

@ sysot1t: I have quoted six of your last seven posts in this thread.

You tell us that

- information has been shared in other threads
- that settings are self-explanatory
- that we should use the search function
- that we should read page 13 of the book
- that I have bastardized the ACD method
- that you would be interested in my version of the method only if I had made millions
- that I should read the book again and see the differences for myself

Look, I am a peaceful person and it takes a lot to annoy me, but you have succeeded.

None of your posts contains any useful information.

Don't you think that you could have answered the questions in a more polite way by showing a little bit less of arrogance?

forrestang 
Chicago IL

Experience: None
Platform: Ninja, MT4, Matlab
Broker: CQG, AMP, MB, DTN
Trading: E/U, G/U
Thanks Given: 354
Thanks Received: 1,047

Just a note.... Pivot is above though, and the pivot is pretty wide, makes you think chop, but we've had some decent volatility since the open so far.

Retracing back to the A level after an A-Up.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Prime2011-11-01_094723.JPG
Views:	356
Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	53760  

Fat Tails 
Berlin, Europe
Market Wizard

forrestang View Post
Just a note.... Pivot is above though, and the pivot is pretty wide, makes you think chop, but we've had some decent volatility since the open so far.

Retracing back to the A level after an A-Up.

Problem today:

There is a huge overnight gap, which exceeds the average daily range. See chart attached. Such a gap typically requires a retracement for testing the markets intentions. In rare case the gap can even be closed, see close below the pivot range. I think that the market should retrace at least half of the gap and reach the pivot level S2.

But of course I may be wrong.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ES 12-11 (5 Min)  01_11_2011.jpg
Views:	373
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	53763  
Thanked by:

forrestang 
Chicago IL

Experience: None
Platform: Ninja, MT4, Matlab
Broker: CQG, AMP, MB, DTN
Trading: E/U, G/U
Thanks Given: 354
Thanks Received: 1,047

Fat Tails View Post
Problem today:

There is a huge overnight gap, which exceeds the average daily range. See chart attached. Such a gap typically requires a retracement for testing the markets intentions. In rare case the gap can even be closed, see close below the pivot range. I think that the market should retrace at least half of the gap and reach the pivot level S2.

But of course I may be wrong.

Would you say that exceeding the Daily range, particularly exceeded more so past the noise and to the downside, put odds in favor of a snap back TOWARDS the prior trading range to the upside?

Or do you typically see the market just go stagnant and flat-footed after that daily range expansion?

Trafford 
London, England

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninja
Broker: Mirus Futures/Zen-Fire
Trading: EUR
Thanks Given: 378
Thanks Received: 229

sysot1t View Post

sysotit

Fat Tails, amongst other is one the most helpful individuals on this forum and contributes greatly. With his tools I make money consistently so why you choose to be such an awkward, arrogant person just beggers belief. If you cannot contribute in a positive way surely it's bets you do not at all.

Thanked by:
 sysot1t 

Trafford View Post
sysotit

Fat Tails, amongst other is one the most helpful individuals on this forum and contributes greatly. With his tools I make money consistently so why you choose to be such an awkward, arrogant person just beggers belief. If you cannot contribute in a positive way surely it's bets you do not at all.

I guess if I wrote lots of code and went on and on, I would be helpful too... but I am not like that... and though I welcome your own inclusion on the argument FT and I are having... I am not sure what allows you to categorize me... but arent you glad that in the USA we have freedom of expression, which allows you to say whatever you think....

moving on.. I will not honor any further replies on this line of discussion.. so we return to the ACD method at hand... no sense on wasting time any further on things we wont agree upon.

sysot1t 

Fat Tails View Post
@ sysot1t: I have quoted six of your last seven posts in this thread.

You tell us that

- that we should use the search function
- that you would be interested in my version of the method only if I had made millions

Look, I am a peaceful person and it takes a lot to annoy me, but you have succeeded.

None of your posts contains any useful information.

Don't you think that you could have answered the questions in a more polite way by showing a little bit less of arrogance?

I am laughing out loud at your comments... hilarious... anyhow, I will address one by one your points..

use the search function.. and look at your previous posts... if you look at the ACvalues.pdf that I also shared with you long, long ago on private emails, you will see the session settings are not always ETH or RTH, but rather custom sessions combining both at times... I cant explain it simpler than that... there is a reason why I stop collaborating with you on the indicators... you were going off on your own tangent and I wasnt interested on altering something that to me has a solid foundation and lots of results with something someone else wanted to do ...

did you bother to read the question for which the response was intended? did you bother to read page 13 of the book? I would think not... otherwise, you wouldnt have bothered to include this.. then again, we all have our own understanding of things...

if your "indicators" followed the original method, i would be using them... that simple....but they do not... you are tracking other things, made changes to formulas, etc... as I said within my previous reply.. anything not original is a bastardization of the method.. which is how I interpret any changes to the method.. so calling anything other than the original ACD method ACD, is invalid.. wouldnt you agree? btw, I am not saying your bastardization does not work... as it might for others.. lets be clear on that point...

If you dont think you have bastardize the method, that is fine with me... perhaps we should call it something else... FT ACD... you came up with a new one that works and has created millions (I am being quite sarcastic btw)... my point is, not the original method... and by you asking what the differences were, I found it that you were playing "dumb"... and we both know you are not, as you are quite intelligent as per all your posts going into so many scientific details all the time... basically, your posts are encyclopiad response as times...

anyhow, moving on...

now... I will give you one point..

absolutely... yes, I could have answered in a more polite way.... In that I will agree with you... I disagree on the arrogance part, since there was no arrogance but rather annoyance.. as I was annoyed by the replies you were posting which as I said had you playing "dumb" on them... so polite is all in the eye of the beholder... I didnt consider your responses polite neither.. but you dont hear me crying about it...

now... I will not honor any further replies on this line of discussion.. so we return to the ACD method at hand... no sense on wasting time any further on things we wont agree upon... if you have any issues, feel free to send me a PM or an email..

Fat Tails 
Berlin, Europe
Market Wizard

sysot1t View Post
I now... I will not honor any further replies on this line of discussion.. so we return to the ACD method at hand... no sense on wasting time any further on things we wont agree upon... if you have any issues, feel free to send me a PM or an email..

I agree, we should get back to the discussion of the ACD method. I was annoyed, I am not annoyed any more.

sysot1t View Post
If your "indicators" followed the original method, i would be using them... that simple....but they do not... you are tracking other things, made changes to formulas, etc... as I said within my previous reply.. anything not original is a bastardization of the method.. which is how I interpret any changes to the method.. so calling anything other than the original ACD method ACD, is invalid.. wouldnt you agree?

My question was serious. I just wanted to understand, where my indicators do not follow the original method. I am thinking that they do follow the method exactly, but maybe I am mistaken.

But, as you said that they don't, I am simply curious and would like to understand where I may have introduced involuntary changes. I really would appreciate, if you took the time to explain the differences.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on December 18, 2022

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts