NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Uncle Mikes

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one bobbyacim with 9 posts (8 thanks)
    2. looks_two traderwerks with 2 posts (0 thanks)
    3. looks_3 itrade2win with 2 posts (1 thanks)
    4. looks_4 researcher247 with 2 posts (1 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Maggoo with 1 thanks per post
    2. looks_two cory with 1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 bobbyacim with 0.9 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Michael.H with 0.5 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 10,679 views
    2. thumb_up 14 thanks given
    3. group 8 followers
    1. forum 23 posts
    2. attach_file 1 attachments

Search this Thread

Uncle Mikes

tickvix 
USA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Infinity
Broker: Infinity
Trading: ES, Euro
Thanks Given: 137
Thanks Received: 157

bobbyacim View Post
Hi everyone,
some bad news, after watching for a while longer, Uncle mike gave back most of his winnings for the past week.
What i noted that disturbed me was that he trading on a sim for ninjatrader and when I called him out on it, he then flashed his REAL account from another computer. I suspect that he may not be taking all the trades he calls out.

As with all the other trading rooms, a burst of winning trades, followed by a slew of losers....adding up to no better than 50/50 win-loss... as good as tossing of a coin!!

After spending 6 long years at this and thousands of dollars, I am going to give up, I can not consistantly be profitable nor can I find anyone else that can be either and show a brokers statement as proof!!!!!

Trading is just educated GAMBLING......

If you are looking for an educator who would show to you his brokers statement try Larry Lewin. I think this is his name. He used to be with Underground Traders. Now his class would cost you about $5K or more last time his sales rep called me he said I need to rush, sice price would go up. All the best to you.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
18 thanks

bobbyacim 
new york

Platform: ninjatrader
Broker: mb trading
Trading: 6e

Thanks for the reply and recommendation, everyone is so helpful on this forum, lots of support and ideas.

Since you are making a recommendation as well, ARE YOU PROFITABLE? AND IS THE SITE YOU ARE RECOMMENDING TO ME THE REASON FOR THAT PROFITABILITY??

THANKS AGAIN!

Started this thread Reply With Quote

cory 
virginia

Platform: ninja
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 877
Thanks Received: 8,090

itrade2win View Post

After 6 years, you should have learned enough to develop your own winning methodology instead of trying to find the Holy Grail from guru's who can't trade and that is why they are selling their systems and education programs.
...!

after 6y, I started to figure it out maybe I should have learned to develop my own style but its just me.

Thanked by:
 itrade2win 
New York

Platform: Sierra Charts, TOS
Trading: E-mini S&P 500
Thanks Given: 447
Thanks Received: 437

bobbyacim View Post
FROM ALL I HAVE READ OVER THE YEARS ON HUNDREDS OF TRADING FORUMS, THERE ARE MANY PEOPLE LIKE MYSELF (INCLUDING THIS FORUM) THAT HAVE BEEN TRYING TO SUCCEED AT TRADING FOR ALOT MORE THAN 6 YEARS, PLEASE DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH TO VERIFY THIS.

BASED ON YOUR STATEMENTS, IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU ARE PROFITABLE? AND IF SO, I HUMBLY ASK THAT YOU SHOW A SAMPLE OF YOUR BROKER STATEMENT SO THAT MYSELF AND PERHAPS OTHER LOSERS CAN GET A BURST OF RENEWED HOPE THAT PROFITABLE TRADING IS INDEED ACHIEVABLE!

TAHNK YOU AND I EAGERLY AWAIT YOUR PROOF

I am not claiming that I am consistently profitable yet, but I am very very close. In fact, my loses are very small or break even. I have only been trading for 16 months and in the beginning I lost more money that would make most grown men cry. I have only changed my methodology three times and honestly feel that I have found my own profound holy grail. Thanks to the advice and feedback from others in this forum. I know that there are profitable traders in this forum, my advice is find them and ride their coat tails if you can.

Starting next month I will be posting my weekly results and statements on my blog. If you're interested you can look there.

Thanked by:

bobbyacim 
new york

I appreciate your frankness but with all due respect, in the last 6 years, I also have found myself coming "VERY CLOSE" to being profitable only to blow my account up in my next breath!

CLOSE IS NOT SUCCESS especially in trading, where you have to get the entry, the trade management and the exit right.

ONLY THE REAL THING IS REALLY THE THING.

Good luck and believe me, your proof of success would rekindle my belief that consistantly profitable trading is achievable

ArtCole 
Indianapolis, IN

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Days
Thanks Given: 6
Thanks Received: 2

bobbyacim View Post

CLOSE IS NOT SUCCESS especially in trading, where you have to get the entry, the trade management and the exit right.

I am not a current member of Teach Talk Trade but I know for a fact that the entry, trade management, and exit is exactly what Uncle Mike teaches and practices ever day in his trade room. He only trades 6E and ES, he only trades 3 - contracts per trade and anyone can check the posted track record of the room at the Teach Talk Trade website. With all do respect, I don't think you will find the inspiration or the insight you are looking for by viewing a successful traders brokerage statement.

Michael.H 
CA

Experience: Master
Platform: Marketdelta and Ninja
Broker: Velocity
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 64
Thanks Received: 529

If you see a statement showing one month of profit, it would rekindle your hopes in finding a method to trade profitably?

bobbyacim 
new york

Michael.H View Post
If you see a statement showing one month of profit, it would rekindle your hopes in finding a method to trade profitably?

I think I have been misunderstood as to the reason I want broker statement(PROOF)
Myself as well as others I know have been dupped by the "dream merchants" of the trading world which includes System Vendors, Educators, Authors of ebooks, Mentorship programs and even home spun systems being sold on sites like ebay and Lulu.com- all claiming to be consistantly profitable!
However, from what I have read and personally have experienced is that none can offer any kind of PROOF OF ACTUAL PROFITABLITY when they are called on it, YOU JUST HAVE TO TAKE THEIR WORD FOR IT, WHY????

Oh, yes some can offer proof of OCCASIONAL PROFITS INTERMIXED WITH LOSSES, BUT NO ONE IN THE LAST 6 YEARS OF MY EXHAUSTIVE SEARCH CAN OFFER PROOF THAT THEY CONSISTANTLY ARE PROFITABLE AND THEREFORE LIVE SOLEY OFF OF THEIR TRADING RESULTS!

traderwerks   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 436
Thanks Received: 465

bobbyacim View Post
I think I have been misunderstood as to the reason I want broker statement(PROOF)
Myself as well as others I know have been dupped by the "dream merchants" of the trading world which includes System Vendors, Educators, Authors of ebooks, Mentorship programs and even home spun systems being sold on sites like ebay and Lulu.com- all claiming to be consistantly profitable!
However, from what I have read and personally have experienced is that none can offer any kind of PROOF OF ACTUAL PROFITABLITY when they are called on it, YOU JUST HAVE TO TAKE THEIR WORD FOR IT, WHY????

Oh, yes some can offer proof of OCCASIONAL PROFITS INTERMIXED WITH LOSSES, BUT NO ONE IN THE LAST 6 YEARS OF MY EXHAUSTIVE SEARCH CAN OFFER PROOF THAT THEY CONSISTANTLY ARE PROFITABLE AND THEREFORE LIVE SOLEY OFF OF THEIR TRADING RESULTS!

Just wondering , but in six years, how many 'trading buddies' do you know that have made it? The traders I know that are profitable are people that I have interacted with and became friends with over the last few years.

bobbyacim 
new york

traderwerks View Post
Just wondering , but in six years, how many 'trading buddies' do you know that have made it? The traders I know that are profitable are people that I have interacted with and became friends with over the last few years.

Please define "made it" My 6 year quest for trading success is to achieve enough consistant profitability to be able to support myself solely on my trading. That is also what I have been trying to discover along the way, whether any retail daytrader out there in the universe has been able to solely support him/her self only from their trading.

Look, don't we ask for proof in any other performance based endeavour; for baseball players we demand to know their batting average; football, number of touchdowns, hockey, number of fieldgoals, etc.
This is one of the few performance based endeavors that requires nothing more than a mire mention of profitability for credibility.

Hey the famous trader Gary Smith once said in an interview that consistanlty profitable daytraders were so few that they were the exception to the rule. I am sure you will agree, that only a fool would base a rule only on an exception!

Last Updated on April 10, 2012

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts