NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Trapped traders - a source of consistent profitability?

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Bids with 8 posts (9 thanks)
    2. looks_two torroray with 5 posts (0 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Tradetronics with 5 posts (7 thanks)
    4. looks_4 adaseb with 4 posts (0 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one FBJS with 8 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Tradetronics with 1.4 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Bids with 1.1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 sam028 with 1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 39,985 views
    2. thumb_up 39 thanks given
    3. group 29 followers
    1. forum 51 posts
    2. attach_file 2 attachments

Search this Thread

Trapped traders - a source of consistent profitability?

Keab 
London UK

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: SierraChart/Prorealtime
Broker: Sierra Chart/prorealtime
Trading: SandP futures
Thanks Given: 123
Thanks Received: 316

Tradetronics View Post
I am referring to ES. I am just sim trading. And the best of it all is the fact that I am a significant loser. That means I am losing everyday significantly. That is great. Because there must be someone on the other side who is significantly making money.

I think it is important to analyzse the ladder in combination with DOM in slow motion to turn this around...

Everyone that succeeds in becoming consistently profitable with the ES (meaning making money on daily basis with just ES) is the absolute king. Really a king!

I'll post a lot more in future but IMO relatively 'flat' markets like the ES are very hard to trade in this manner. I trade the Dax mainly, and switched from the bund as this is relatively 'flat' as well.
By flat I mean that price moves up and down is quite condensed as there is little room for it to move in a swing like fashion. Contrast this with the scale of the Dax and the Dow.

I trade against trapped traders on the Dax mainly as they are far easier to spot in these 'stretched' markets. Take a look at the Dow if you're US based and see what you think.

Also, there are less hfts in operation on these less condensed markets as the larger price moves and slight slippage means they don't really get involved. Contrast price action on the thick market of the SandP vs the Dow.

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
What broker to use for trading palladium futures
Commodities
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader

Keab 
London UK

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: SierraChart/Prorealtime
Broker: Sierra Chart/prorealtime
Trading: SandP futures
Thanks Given: 123
Thanks Received: 316

Also I would advise you to look up videos by a vendor called Bookmap. They talk about where orders are clustered in the market and will help you to understand how liquidity works, how the market is structured, and why stops are used by savvy traders to open their own new positions at a great price.

Last Updated on December 11, 2017

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts