NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

ES and the Great POMO Rally

Discussion in Emini and Emicro Index

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one tigertrader with 248 posts (470 thanks)
    2. looks_two Private Banker with 215 posts (418 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Michael.H with 58 posts (72 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 56 posts (72 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one tigertrader with 1.9 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Private Banker with 1.9 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 1.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Michael.H with 1.2 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 193,545 views
    2. thumb_up 1,529 thanks given
    3. group 37 followers
    1. forum 926 posts
    2. attach_file 631 attachments

Search this Thread

ES and the Great POMO Rally

Michael.H 
CA

Experience: Master
Platform: Marketdelta and Ninja
Broker: Velocity
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 64
Thanks Received: 529

I would say just be careful in trying to find things to validate your beliefs on how the market should act.... While optimism is high right now, and i think the chances of a pullback are high because of it, i still don't think we will have another recession. There are too many things holding it back.
There will always be fraud, and there will always be reasons for people to be bearish/bullish on the economy.

I knew someone that was shorting the market and calling tops for almost 2 years before the crash... He got wiped out. He was right about how people where using their houses as ATM machines, tapping in their home equity to buy junk, but he got run over, and he no longer trades. You don't want to end up like him.

I also think its funny how poeple use technical analysis to call the top right now, such as drawing megaphone patterns, or wedges, but someone else just recently pointed out that the famous 50MA crossed over the 200 MA to the upside, signaling to go long for a new bull market. Just shows you how everything is subjective.

I still not a fan of these chart patterns, i don't think they give you any meaningful edge at all, but thats a separate topic.

The following 5 users say Thank You to Michael.H for this post:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
Request for MACD with option to use different MAs for fa …
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Retail Trading As An Industry
67 thanks
Battlestations: Show us your trading desks!
48 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
47 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
32 thanks
What percentage per day is possible? [Poll]
31 thanks

tigertrader 
Philly, Pa
Legendary Market Wizard

Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: ES, ZB
Thanks Given: 6,662
Thanks Received: 36,257

Big Mike View Post
Looks good. How did you act on these predictions? (did you capitalize on them, and how so)

Mike

Not so much on the equity side because my es time frames are relatively short ; mostly intra-day swing trades. However, it is rare that I don't have a bond position on, whether it's a yield curve play, or an outright position, or an options position.. I did catch some nice pieces of the bond move. To be quite honest , I really don't know what treasuries are going to do, after the FOMC meeting. I'll probably be flat and trade the reaction.

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote

tigertrader 
Philly, Pa
Legendary Market Wizard

Michael.H View Post
I would say just be careful in trying to find things to validate your beliefs on how the market should act.... While optimism is high right now, and i think the chances of a pullback are high because of it, i still don't think we will have another recession. There are too many things holding it back.
There will always be fraud, and there will always be reasons for people to be bearish/bullish on the economy.

I knew someone that was shorting the market and calling tops for almost 2 years before the crash... He got wiped out. He was right about how people where using their houses as ATM machines, tapping in their home equity to buy junk, but he got run over, and he no longer trades. You don't want to end up like him.

I also think its funny how poeple use technical analysis to call the top right now, such as drawing megaphone patterns, or wedges, but someone else just recently pointed out that the famous 50MA crossed over the 200 MA to the upside, signaling to go long for a new bull market. Just shows you how everything is subjective.

I still not a fan of these chart patterns, i don't think they give you any meaningful edge at all, but thats a separate topic.

I hear you Mike. My day-to-day trading is not predicated on my long term or macro perspective of the markets. My intra-day decisions are based solely on price action. If I do initiate a long term or position trade that is based on technical/fundamental analysis, it will usually be an options play and I will not risk more than 5-10% of my capital. I find it very difficult, not have an opinion about the market and it's future direction. I do have the ability to be objective when I am trading intra-day, but I also feel the need to put my money where my mouth is every now and then.

The following user says Thank You to tigertrader for this post:

Private Banker 
La Jolla, CA

Platform: Sierra Chart, X_Trader Pro, OptionsCity
Broker: Advantage, Trading Technologies, OptionsCity, IQ Feed
Trading: CL, NG
Thanks Given: 1,713
Thanks Received: 3,863

Michael.H View Post

Yes, never take trades based on beliefs alone. You'll most likely be wrong. The rising wedge drawings were merely a comparison to the very similar pattern of this past April. This rally can continue on for a long time as long as Bernanke keeps propping everything up.

As for chart patterns, I never use them for my intraday trading either. You can get nailed real easily. I just like to look at the big picture to stay on the path of least resistance hence this topic of discussion.

Started this thread Reply With Quote

Private Banker 
La Jolla, CA

Banana Ben got his wish. The consequences however will at some point, be devastating for the U.S. It appears that he is in an above the law status now. When this is all said and done, he'll make "Easy Al' look like a walk in the park...

ES closed at it's highs which was also the top of it's trend line. Today's price action in RTH was a classic gap up sideways chop fest. Hopefully no one got annihilated today. I promise better days are to come.

Cheers!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pomo_Bernanke_ComedyHour.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	181.0 KB
ID:	25358  
The following user says Thank You to Private Banker for this post:

tigertrader 
Philly, Pa
Legendary Market Wizard

Private Banker View Post
Banana Ben got his wish. The consequences however will at some point, be devastating for the U.S. It appears that he is in an above the law status now. When this is all said and done, he'll make "Easy Al' look like a walk in the park...

ES closed at it's highs which was also the top of it's trend line. Today's price action in RTH was a classic gap up sideways chop fest. Hopefully no one got annihilated today. I promise better days are to come.

Cheers!

I shut down early and went out for margarita's...drank the entire pitcher by myself. The only one who got rich toady was my clearing house.

Private Banker 
La Jolla, CA

tigertrader View Post
I shut down early and went out for margarita's...drank the entire pitcher by myself. The only one who got rich toady was my clearing house.

Lol! Probably not a bad idea. Cheers!

Zondor 
Portland Oregon, United States

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjatraderŽ
Broker: CQG, Kinetick
Trading: Gameplay KlownbineŽ Trading of Globex
Thanks Given: 1,246
Thanks Received: 2,731

Irish Bond Spreads are getting out of hand. Will this crash the equities markets?

The Flash In The East in [Market-Ticker]

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
The following 2 users say Thank You to Zondor for this post:

Zondor 
Portland Oregon, United States

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjatraderŽ
Broker: CQG, Kinetick
Trading: Gameplay KlownbineŽ Trading of Globex
Thanks Given: 1,246
Thanks Received: 2,731

Wash and rinse day
A Classic Stop And Squeeze: [AUTOLINK]The Fed[/AUTOLINK]-PD-[AUTOLINK]Fed[/AUTOLINK] Free Money Arbitrage | zero hedge

Schedule of forthcoming POMO days:
POMO Schedule Announced: $105 Billion In 18 Monetizations Through December 9 | zero hedge

Pining for Ninjatrader 3.5, does anyone know where I can get a copy?

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
The following 2 users say Thank You to Zondor for this post:

Private Banker 
La Jolla, CA

Lol! "Welcome to the show that never ends"... What a day. I just trade my intra-day signals which had me short in the morning and bought the divergence around 11am. You know the usual, if the market sells off, count it going right back up to where it was. Big picture ES lower trend line still providing support. I guess we can thank Bernanke once again.

Cheers,

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Wow.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	101.7 KB
ID:	25571   Click image for larger version

Name:	2010-11-10-TOS_CHARTS.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	183.6 KB
ID:	25572  
The following 3 users say Thank You to Private Banker for this post:

Last Updated on November 9, 2014

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts