NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

ES and the Great POMO Rally

Discussion in Emini and Emicro Index

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one tigertrader with 248 posts (470 thanks)
    2. looks_two Private Banker with 215 posts (418 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Michael.H with 58 posts (72 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 56 posts (72 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one tigertrader with 1.9 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Private Banker with 1.9 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 1.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Michael.H with 1.2 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 193,545 views
    2. thumb_up 1,529 thanks given
    3. group 37 followers
    1. forum 926 posts
    2. attach_file 631 attachments

Search this Thread

ES and the Great POMO Rally

ZTR 

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader7
Broker: Mirus RCG/Zen-Fire
Trading: CL & 6e, looking at ES, ZB and AU again.
Thanks Given: 1,099
Thanks Received: 1,393

So how do you catch the move out of a Wedge?

Have a spoken alert! This code allows personalization of the spoken message.

Look at @ Zondor Thread for more on incorporating this into NT7.

Code

try {

//ChartControl.Bars.GetLength
        //(ChartControl.Bars.GetLength);

foreach (IDrawObject draw in DrawObjects)
     {
        if (
draw.Tag.StartsWith("The")||draw.Tag.StartsWith("TL")||draw.Tag.StartsWith("S")||draw.Tag.StartsWith("R") &&draw is ILine)
          {

ILine drawnLine = (ILinedraw;    
           if(  
drawnLine.DrawType==DrawType.ExtendedLine||drawnLine.DrawType==DrawType.Line||drawnLine.DrawType==DrawType.HorizontalLine||drawnLine.DrawType==DrawType.Ray )
            {

LineName=draw.Tag;

currentYdrawnLine.StartY+(drawnLine.StartBarsAgo)/(-drawnLine.EndBarsAgo+drawnLine.StartBarsAgo+.0000001)*(drawnLine.EndY-drawnLine.StartY);

Values[0].Set(currentY);
            }  

//Price rising above the manually drawn Trend Line        

if((Close[0]-currentY>0&&lastprice-currentY<=0))
            {    
Alert("Alert"Priority.HighInstrumentName+": $"+Close[0]+", Rising Above Trendline "+LineNamesoundFileR1Color.BlackColor.Lime);

//Print("TrendLineCustom " +InstrumentName+": $"+Close[0]+", Rising Above  "+LineName);

if(!over)Say("Hey Z T R!"+InstrumentName+"  is a screaming buy and crossing above "+LineName+"   at   "+Close[0]);

over=true;
            }

//Price falling below the manually drawn Trend Line        

if((Close[0]-currentY<0&&lastprice-currentY>=0))

{    
Alert("Alert"Priority.HighInstrumentName+": $"+Close[0]+", Falling Below Trendline "+LineNamesoundFileF1Color.RedColor.Yellow);

//Print("ZTR:"+  InstrumentName+",is falling below the "+LineName+"   at  "+Close[0]);    

if(!under)Say("Look out Below Z T R! "+InstrumentName+" is crossing BELOW the "+LineName+"   at  "+Close[0]);

under=true;
            }   
          }    

}
        }
catch (
Exception ex){
            Print(
"Trapped exception in TrendLineAlert Custom(): " ex.Message);
                return;
            }
        } 

R.I.P. Andy Zektzer (ZTR), 1960-2010.
Please visit this thread for more information.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SpokenAlert.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	24783   Click image for larger version

Name:	SpokenAlert2.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	310.1 KB
ID:	24785  
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
The following 2 users say Thank You to ZTR for this post:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Request for MACD with option to use different MAs for fa …
NinjaTrader
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Retail Trading As An Industry
67 thanks
Battlestations: Show us your trading desks!
48 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
47 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
32 thanks
What percentage per day is possible? [Poll]
31 thanks

Zondor 
Portland Oregon, United States

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Ninjatrader®
Broker: CQG, Kinetick
Trading: Gameplay Klownbine® Trading of Globex
Thanks Given: 1,246
Thanks Received: 2,731

IRA Analyst - Triple Down: Fannie, Freddie, and the Triumph of the Corporate State

Another great article on the crony capitalist - fascist economic policies now in fashion.

Quoting 
"...Despite examples of the success of restructuring with F and even General Motors, the invidious cowards who inhabit Washington are unwilling to restructure the largest banks and GSEs. The reluctance comes partly from what truths restructuring will reveal. As a result, these same large zombie banks and the U.S. economy will continue to shrink under the weight of bad debt, public and private. Remember that the Dodd-Frank legislation was not so much about financial reform as protecting the housing GSEs.

Because President Barack Obama and the leaders of both political parties are unwilling to address the housing crisis and the wasting effects on the largest banks, there will be no growth and no net job creation in the U.S. for the next several years. And because the Obama White House is content to ignore the crisis facing millions of American homeowners, who are deep underwater and will eventually default on their loans, the efforts by the Fed to reflate the U.S. economy and particularly consumer spending will be futile. As Alan Meltzer noted to Tom Keene on Bloomberg Radio earlier this year: "This is not a monetary problem." ..."

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
The following 4 users say Thank You to Zondor for this post:

Silvester17 
Columbus, OH
Market Wizard

Experience: None
Platform: NT 8, TOS
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 5,139
Thanks Received: 11,527

Private Banker View Post
Some further observations of today's market action including NQ and TF. It appears that ES has once again bounced off of it's supporting trendline. We could have a diamond top pattern in place. By looking at TF, it appears to be showing signs of a possible rollover by technically falling out of it's rising wedge. The NQ appears to getting tighter and tighter in it's respective wedge as well. Could next week be a sell on the news?

It's starting to get interesting...

I'm watching those wedges too. but there's the possibility of something else.

don't the following pattern almost look like twins? especially the sideways action the last few days.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2010-10-29_2018.png
Views:	212
Size:	17.7 KB
ID:	24787   Click image for larger version

Name:	2010-10-29_2020__2.png
Views:	199
Size:	17.9 KB
ID:	24789  
The following user says Thank You to Silvester17 for this post:

Silvester17 
Columbus, OH
Market Wizard

Experience: None
Platform: NT 8, TOS
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 5,139
Thanks Received: 11,527

and here's what happened. another move of 50+ points to the upside.

hard to tell at this point.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2010-10-29_2023__3.png
Views:	235
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	24791  
The following 2 users say Thank You to Silvester17 for this post:

Private Banker 
La Jolla, CA

Experience: Master
Platform: Sierra Chart, X_Trader Pro, OptionsCity
Broker: Advantage, Trading Technologies, OptionsCity, IQ Feed
Trading: CL, NG
Thanks Given: 1,713
Thanks Received: 3,863

Zondor View Post
The amount of outright fraud and criminal conduct that is being covered up and facilitated by the Federal Government is huge and unprecedented. This has dire implications for the future of the United States.

Who IS paying the price? Just open your eyes and look around, or in the mirror:
The Truth On Unemployment: It's A Depression in [Market-Ticker]

A little off topic but today Karl Denninger is calling for a bank holiday as a prelude to unwinding the hangover from the trillions of dollars of bank "control fraud" strangling the economy.

Let's Talk About A Bank Holiday in [Market-Ticker]

The Inspector General of the TARP Program is not at all pleased with what he has been finding:
Market-Ticker - MarketTicker Forums

The amount of fraud over the last few years is a hundred or more times that of the S and L crisis, yet nobody is being prosecuted. William K. Black was one of the key people in the resolution of the S and L crisis. His thoughts on the current situation are well worth following. From Wikipedia: Black is currently an Associate Professor of Economics and Law at the
University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law. He was the Executive Director of the Institute for Fraud Prevention from 2005-2007 and previously taught at the LBJ School of Public Affairs at the University of Texas, and at Santa Clara University. Black was litigation director for the Federal Home Loan Bank Board, deputy director of the FSLIC, SVP and the General Counsel of the Federal Home Loan Bank of San Francisco. [2]

Here's what Black says should be done:
William K. Black: Foreclose on the Foreclosure Fraudsters, Part 1: Put Bank of America in Receivership
William K. Black: Foreclose on the Foreclosure Fraudsters, Part 2: Spurious Arguments Against Holding the Fraudsters Accountable
Bill Black Lands A Knockout Punch in [Market-Ticker]
Dylan Ratigan: With Bill Black, Time To BOOM in [Market-Ticker]

Note that the Tea Party, originally conceived of as a response to this outrage, has been taken over by the banksters themselves through covert funding from such operators as the Koch brothers. The billionaire Koch brothers: Tea Party puppetmasters? - The Week

The Tea Party message is now based on outright lunatic yahooism rather than any pretense of economic reform. Karl Denninger, one of the founders, has renounced what it has turned into.
Let's Face Facts: America Doesn't Want Tea in [Market-Ticker]

Great information! I follow Denninger quite a bit. He called the last meltdown and he's spot on again as is William Black.

I don't think this recession ever ended and in fact is about to get worse because of the politician's unwillingness to do anything about this mess out of fear of being exposed for their past wrong doings. They'd rather sweep it under the rug and forget about it. I fear that this will not end well regardless of what the Fed does. If there's another bank bailout, I think we will see rage in the streets. Everyone is sick and tired of the corruption that is occurring and another bailout would be the straw that breaks the camel's back I would think.

On the flip side, at some point the market will breakout of this range bound nonsense and we could have some massive moves in the markets. Maybe even another huge down day like the flash crash. There are multiple unfilled gaps on the ES at the bottom of this rally that would love to be filled. Not sure if they ever will but I could see a retest of the lows no problem.

Started this thread Reply With Quote
The following 4 users say Thank You to Private Banker for this post:

tigertrader 
Philly, Pa
Legendary Market Wizard

Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: ES, ZB
Thanks Given: 6,662
Thanks Received: 36,257

I made these predictions on Investor Hub at the end of last year. I still think my SPX prognostication will come to fruition.

[IMG]http://investorshub.advfn.com/images/default_ih_profile2_4848.jpg?cb=0[/IMG] tigertrader
Share Thursday, December 31, 2009 11:56:34 AM Re: LongCYRX post# 4930

Post # of 7249

End of the Year, End of the Decade

In keeping with the time honored tradition, I offer these year-end predictions, for discussion...

Looking at the 15 year chart of the SPX, one can't ignore the massive double top, with the first top formed in March 2000@1553, and the second top, formed in October 2007@1576. We are STILL firmly entrenched in a secular bear market that began with the formation of the first top in 2000, and could conceivably last for up to 5 more years. My prediction is the that the current bear market rally in the SPX will top out in 2010 around the 1250 area. The stronger the economic numbers released, the sooner the top. Conversely, the weaker the economic numbers, the later the top. Whatever the time frame, the market will take out the March 2009 lows.

Cryoport will successfully commercialize their product,and capture market share, although the road to profitability, will be an arduous one. The stock price will move higher, but will not follow the linear path, that everybody hopes for. This will be the case,of course, until the shit hits the fan again.

Dominant themes will be emerging markets, gold, and basic materials & commodities.

Dollar will rally, and then collapse. Bonds will make new lows, yield curve will steepen, and the banks will reap the benefits.

Dominant trends in VC/Private Equity will be Clean/Green Tech and Cloud Technology.

Bears will win the Super Bowl in 2010, Lovie Smith will be the next Mayor of Chicago, and the Cubs will win the World Series 4-0.

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to tigertrader for this post:

Private Banker 
La Jolla, CA

Silvester17 View Post
I'm watching those wedges too. but there's the possibility of something else.

don't the following pattern almost look like twins? especially the sideways action the last few days.

Good point Silvester. TF looked like it fell out of it's pattern half way up and then jumped back in. I don't put as much weight on TF for big picture stuff as I do with ES. ES being the market with all the liquidity. If there's a big move there, it's most likely real. I've also observed TF diverge from the other markets from time to time. But I'm guessing we'll see next week what's next with the Fed's QE announcement.

Cheers,

Private Banker 
La Jolla, CA

tigertrader View Post
I made these predictions on Investor Hub at the end of last year. I still think my SPX prognostication will come to fruition.

[IMG]http://investorshub.advfn.com/images/default_ih_profile2_4848.jpg?cb=0[/IMG] tigertrader
Share Thursday, December 31, 2009 11:56:34 AM Re: LongCYRX post# 4930

Post # of 7249

End of the Year, End of the Decade

In keeping with the time honored tradition, I offer these year-end predictions, for discussion...

Looking at the 15 year chart of the SPX, one can't ignore the massive double top, with the first top formed in March 2000@1553, and the second top, formed in October 2007@1576. We are STILL firmly entrenched in a secular bear market that began with the formation of the first top in 2000, and could conceivably last for up to 5 more years. My prediction is the that the current bear market rally in the SPX will top out in 2010 around the 1250 area. The stronger the economic numbers released, the sooner the top. Conversely, the weaker the economic numbers, the later the top. Whatever the time frame, the market will take out the March 2009 lows.

Cryoport will successfully commercialize their product,and capture market share, although the road to profitability, will be an arduous one. The stock price will move higher, but will not follow the linear path, that everybody hopes for. This will be the case,of course, until the shit hits the fan again.

Dominant themes will be emerging markets, gold, and basic materials & commodities.

Dollar will rally, and then collapse. Bonds will make new lows, yield curve will steepen, and the banks will reap the benefits.

Dominant trends in VC/Private Equity will be Clean/Green Tech and Cloud Technology.

Bears will win the Super Bowl in 2010, Lovie Smith will be the next Mayor of Chicago, and the Cubs will win the World Series 4-0.

Great prediction and spot on so far (except for the Cubs of course but the Bears are looking good).

ZTR 

Platform: NinjaTrader7
Broker: Mirus RCG/Zen-Fire
Trading: CL & 6e, looking at ES, ZB and AU again.
Thanks Given: 1,099
Thanks Received: 1,393

tigertrader View Post
I made these predictions on Investor Hub at the end of last year. I still think my SPX prognostication will come to fruition..... Cubs will win the World Series 4-0.

If you had picked the Giants I would have been just a little more impressed. But the rest seems to be on track.

R.I.P. Andy Zektzer (ZTR), 1960-2010.
Please visit this thread for more information.
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to ZTR for this post:

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,143
Thanks Received: 101,476

tigertrader View Post
I made these predictions on Investor Hub at the end of last year.

Looks good. How did you act on these predictions? (did you capitalize on them, and how so)

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Last Updated on November 9, 2014

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts