NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

TF day trading

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one bluemele with 759 posts (1,373 thanks)
    2. looks_two vovan348 with 99 posts (57 thanks)
    3. looks_3 HighRise1202 with 77 posts (21 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 43 posts (74 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one bluemele with 1.8 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 1.7 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 PandaWarrior with 1.6 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 vovan348 with 0.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 234,367 views
    2. thumb_up 1,786 thanks given
    3. group 65 followers
    1. forum 1,324 posts
    2. attach_file 239 attachments

Search this Thread

TF day trading

HighRise1202 
houston

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: nt
Thanks Given: 266
Thanks Received: 274

bluemele View Post
Well, I can only speak for myself and I think I had this conversation elsewhere on this thread.

Do I believe this is the only technique known that will generate consistent profits? NOPE.

Do I believe that there are other profitable traders within the group? YES.

Do I believe that my psychology is causing me a lack of opportunity in the market? YES

Do I believe that Horst's success is contingent upon his years of experience of this and other systems? YES

Do I believe that anyone can become a master trader in 6 months or less. UNLIKELY, but my opinion is open.

Horst is an amazing guy and someone to look up to as a trader. I don't know him personally YET but believe his core values to be consistent with a great many people which I would categorize as 'good'.

I do believe NFT is different in that they do teach you the 'mental' aspects of trading.

I trade SIM, but I trade it like I am live. Probably except a couple days a couple weeks ago where I had 'lost that loving feeling' after a few weeks of UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP

I do not believe the indicators are perfect everytime and that is something I think Henry as a teacher will continue to challenge his students with. But, hey, who am I, just a guy with a journal who paid some money to learn from a good trader.

I have sat in the room w/ Henry, he is a good trader. The challenge is taking that from him and transplanting it to someone else. We are all so very different that it is an almost impossible feat in my opinion to bring everyone up to the level. He is really trying though. Most people will burn-n-turn but he seems like he wants to really get all his people to the top with him/horst, etc..

If 10K is a lot of money to you, then I suggest you not do it. If 10K is not a lot of money to you then I would say do it on one condition. You stick with it for 2-3 years and don't look at anything else and you devote at least 4-6 hours of study on yourself and trading.

My main problem is probably due to me losing $Millions of dollars in the real world of non-trading while I am learning trading. When you wake up and you realize that you are down more than most people make in a life time it is a bit of an emotional roller-coaster to remain positive at least for me.

My family life is my savior, my credit score is intact, but my EGO has been decimated. Which is something positive in my opinion.

Ask yourself, if I joined, how would I feel. If I didn't join, how would I feel. Rate those emotions and go with your gut.

Good luck with your journey whether you join or not. Life is short, make the most of it.

Thank you for your well-written and candid response.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
Increase in trading performance by 75%
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
31 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
My NQ Trading Journal
14 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
10 thanks
Diary of a simple price action trader
10 thanks
 HighRise1202 
houston

er2wizard View Post
It takes roughly 4 years of undergraduate school, 4 years of medical school, and 3 to 8 years of internship and residency depending on the specialty selected to become a doctor. That's approx. 50K hrs screen time for doc. With an est. cost of tuition between $250-300K

In 2009, physicians practicing primary care had total median annual compensation of $186K, and physicians practicing in medical specialties earned total median annual compensation of $339K. 600K if they go into something like neurosurgery.

So then here we have wanna be traders. People that want to be involved in the most profitable business in the world. Competing with people that pay more in taxes than a doctor makes in a year. And they want to be able to do it on a shoestring. 3-4 months time and maybe a few grand. Do you have any idea how out of touch you are with reality?

Great point. Thank you. It is naive to compete with MIT and Stanford grads with big company accounts without a solid education and plenty of experience. Hey, but that's me. Please wish me success anyway.

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: ATC/TT, AMP/Zen-Fire, AMP/CQG
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 3,803
Thanks Received: 2,842

Ok, Market Replay since the Tsunami alert kept me awake all night. I will and would not trade this day due to the large split between the two contracts due to rollover, so this was more for practice than anything close to reality.

I was looking for a short. I didn't get it. I got a small one, but I didn't end my trades at 3. Had I done that I think I would have been a half point profitable, but that was not my goal.

It did retrace but at the long term 23% retracement. There were a lot of pullbacks and I couldn't figure out which one to place my retracement off of to find that 23%. It was also close to a 100% extension, so had I traded my non-76/89 only way I would have probably hit that one, but probably would have given many gifts along the way. Better to take a point down than 5 points in my opinion.

I would not trade this day for real live as I don't like these rollover dates and especially considering a friday and the earthquake etc..

Video

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

josh 
Georgia, US
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: None
Platform: SC
Broker: Denali+Rithmic
Trading: ES, NQ, YM
Thanks Given: 6,772
Thanks Received: 18,189

bluemele, pardon me if this has been asked, but what type of bars do you use in your main (144T) chart? I would say HLC but I can't tell for sure!

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

josh View Post
bluemele, pardon me if this has been asked, but what type of bars do you use in your main (144T) chart? I would say HLC but I can't tell for sure!

Yes. HLC bars which are not default in NinjaTrader. So, you have to add the "close" part through a 1 SMA charted as a "dot" and "open" so you can see price.

It hasn't been asked. Good luck.

Thanked by:

josh 
Georgia, US
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: None
Platform: SC
Broker: Denali+Rithmic
Trading: ES, NQ, YM
Thanks Given: 6,772
Thanks Received: 18,189

Thank you! I had just thought of hacking at this and you just confirmed it!

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Ok, Market now opens at 3:30 HST! Ouch!

Let's see how that goes this week. Wake up at 3am, maybe fall back asleep and not be a zombie.

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Ok, today was completely my lack of patience.

Only 1 real trade today at the 76, but I decided I knew better. Not good and very frustrating as I get only 3 trades and I used them all up at the 50% and 61% retracements!

When will I decide to stop doing that.....

Had I taken all entries today, I would have been up at least 3 points by the way. However, it would have been about 7 trades. The 3 trades is keeping me from over-trading and pushing me to wait, but I am still not waiting.

Not the method's fault, strictly mine if anyone asks.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	113.4 KB
ID:	33737  
Thanked by:
 HighRise1202 
houston

bluemele View Post
Ok, today was completely my lack of patience.

Only 1 real trade today at the 76, but I decided I knew better. Not good and very frustrating as I get only 3 trades and I used them all up at the 50% and 61% retracements!

When will I decide to stop doing that.....

Had I taken all entries today, I would have been up at least 3 points by the way. However, it would have been about 7 trades. The 3 trades is keeping me from over-trading and pushing me to wait, but I am still not waiting.

Not the method's fault, strictly mine if anyone asks.

You might be a natural born scalper. A very successful trader, Ed Abreu, said he can't wait for counter trends. He WANTS TO TRADE NOW! Check him out at protradered.com. If you trial his trading room and indicators, please tell him Orin sent you.

Thanked by:

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

HighRise1202 View Post
You might be a natural born scalper. A very successful trader, Ed Abreu, said he can't wait for counter trends. He WANTS TO TRADE NOW! Check him out at protradered.com. If you trial his trading room and indicators, please tell him Orin sent you.

Well, thank you and it is always encouraging to share your journal and have people recommend another system. haha.. Seriously though, I realize you are trying to help.

I will stick with this until I 'breakthrough' my bad habits and move forward.

Last Updated on July 12, 2012

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts